• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the NfS and HL sales have 46 hours remaining. Which means they'll end as usual and not at 10am, right?

mcQDCa5.png

You will surely get the Summer sale.

(That's 19:00 in Germany, aka summer sale time.)

Fl1pp13

Neo Member
why is Alice Madness Returns still 49.99 € after almost 3 years ? is it just for my country (Spain) ? never saw it on sale or anything, what the heck ?

It's the name price as in The Netherlands. I've seen some sales during Summer Sales though IIRC.

Ezra2680

Now the NfS and HL sales have 46 hours remaining. Which means they'll end as usual and not at 10am, right?

Same in Germany, for whatever reason Alice has always been more expensive here.

Some math problems? 12pm PST right now. 24 hours is 12pm PST tomorrow. 22 Hours is 10 am PST Thursday. 24 + 22 = 46. Sorry if this post sounds mean, not supposed to

derExperte

mcQDCa5.png

You will surely get the Summer sale.

(That's 19:00 in Germany, aka summer sale time.)

Yeah but I thought the sure sign was a different running time for the midweek madness. Now it's the same as usual, everything ends at 19:00 here. Ah whatever, it'll happen anyway.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
why is Alice Madness Returns still 49.99 € after almost 3 years ? is it just for my country (Spain) ? never saw it on sale or anything, what the heck ?

It's been that price for most Europe. I think the game costs like 19.99 USD too which is funny.

Also i think it has been on sale for around 9.99€ or something.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If you exclude people from a giveaway, will Modbot list them in that post, or just silently reject them? If not, can I get a name-and-shame feature?

Silent because as hilarious as it would be for you to flirt with JaseC and xelios by excluding them because they have too many games already, the major use case for blocking someone would be feeling that certain posters are gross self-maximizers who give nothing back and I feel like for drama reasons we don't really want that to be public ;)

Modbot is awesome! Does he do any fun one liners like the IRC bots of old?

The giveaway stuff is only one part of Modbot. The rest of him is an IRC bot. And yes, he's fucking hilarious, but unfortunately I can't give you examples for reasons that should be obvious if you think about what his username is.

Yeah but I thought the sure sign was a different running time for the midweek madness. Now it's the same as usual, everything ends at 19:00 here. Ah whatever, it'll happen anyway.

Nope, usually Midweek Madness has a grace period of a few hours. They start at 19:00, but normally end later. Ending at 19:00 is a sure sign that the sale will begin.

Silent because as hilarious as it would be for you to flirt with JaseC and xelios by excluding them because they have too many games already, the major use case for blocking someone would be feeling that certain posters are gross self-maximizers who give nothing back and I feel like for drama reasons we don't really want that to be public ;)

But drama is good! This thread moves so slowly these days....

Cth

That wasn't you, that was mornianonymous mystery benefactor giving away the same game at the same time! :p

Heh, weiiiiiiiiiiiiird.

And good point, I presumed it changed the & to "and"..

I am giving away a Steam key.To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-FD8DB5D51D78A777

D'awwww... *Puts pitchfork back in shed*.

I tried pming ModBot with the title register

and the body of the pm:

Aquaria : QAWV0-PEPF5-DMFLD

but i didn't get a response, so now you guys can just use the code :(

Turfster

Could do a "list of people that used modbot the most" at the end of the thread, like the normal wall of shame... only it would be a different kind of shame ;)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I tried pming ModBot with the title register

and the body of the pm:

Aquaria : QAWV0-PEPF5-DMFLD

but i didn't get a response, so now you guys can just use the code :(

I think the ampersand in your username screwed it up... it generated the giveaway but the PM never made it to you because it thought your username was arts&crafts (which is the encoded HTML version of using the ampersand)! Very sorry, but thanks for being an inadvertent bug tester! I did mention this exact thing in the original post, that ModBot had never been tested with weird usernames! :D

goober

I know the steam sale is only a couple days away, but what would you guys like to see on sale?

I really want Rogue Legacy and I missed out on the Dust sale earlier too.

Twinduct

The giveaway stuff is only one part of Modbot. The rest of him is an IRC bot. And yes, he's fucking hilarious, but unfortunately I can't give you examples for reasons that should be obvious if you think about what his username is.

Lol looking forward to it. Good job btw. One of the main reasons I stopped giving out keys was lurkers =)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

You're right. We should wait for Andy Cohen at Bravo to give us a TV deal before we start the drama.

Thoughts on Gateways?

edit: nvm there's a demo

It's mostly really good although the game rapidly gets into brain-melting difficulty. My one major complaint is that some of the puzzles are hard enough to figure out on their own and when tricky platforming antics get added the puzzle can become tiresome. One puzzle took me about 4 times longer than it should have because I had to figure out extremely tight timing for setup AND perform difficult platforming, and failure caused a reset.
Has Fez ever been on sale? That's another to add to my list.
Fez was $5 on GOG during the summer sale.

Twinduct

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 8 Steam keys.To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

McPixel Steam key -- MB-CD45666DE96E43B6 - Taken by Fl1pp13
Aquaria -- MB-5F17379B5D334B37
Waking Mars Steam key -- MB-34C6FA15F91209FB - Taken by Out_Of_Ammo
Frozen Synapse Multiplayer and Steam key -- MB-36232339A8C08391 - Taken by Tecl0n
Fractal Steam key -- MB-C4BFABC63E362B97
Stealth Bastard Deluxe Steam key -- MB-DCD28B0DA4E99889 - Taken by Cth
Nightsky Steam key -- MB-398CBB3529AE446C - Taken by Mengy
Broken Sword: Director's Cut Steam key -- MB-6E61B6A342E22643 - Taken by Freezard

Lets see how this works

Cth

I know the steam sale is only a couple days away, but what would you guys like to see on sale?

Anything from my wishlist :D

But yeah, Rogue Legacy would be great. L4D2 was on my list, but I grabbed it last week.

Mainly indy games, although X-Com, Civ, or something else I havent played.

Vecks

I'm hoping for a good deal on Chronicles of Mystara. And Divinity II I suppose.

Milamber

Trying it now...

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key.To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Anomaly Warzone Earth -- MB-DAFA2FD0D7E7437E - Taken by Tomodachi

Got it from BundleStars before i realized I already had it. :(
If you hate facebook, well this is your chance.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Which one? There are two of them, right?

There are two, I just got the second one from smr00 and I beat the first one a couple years ago.

I finished this Game and if I remember correclty I even got all the achievements. It wasnt as bad as people made it out to bee. Just the controls were so strange.
This is the second one which has no achievements :(

The first one does though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom