• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

smr00

Banned
I know the steam sale is only a couple days away, but what would you guys like to see on sale?

I really want Rogue Legacy and I missed out on the Dust sale earlier too.
All the Ys games.

I want them but already own them on PSP so i don't want to double dip on full retail prices.

Joe Molotov

I took frozen synapse, i thank thee.

It wasnt as bad as people made it out to bee.

jXom7ee.png

Freezard

Yes and even when all the tutorials are done it takes ages after every race to go through the results screens. Even longer if you unlock a car, everything is unskippable. It's the only major problem the game has.

Dammit, I really liked Burnout Paradise but hated the constant unskippable crap. I want to try Hot Pursuit but if it's the same I don't know how long I could stand playing it... and I have a feeling it will go 75% off during the sale 8)

Caerith

Silent because as hilarious as it would be for you to flirt with JaseC and xelios by excluding them because they have too many games already, the major use case for blocking someone would be feeling that certain posters are gross self-maximizers who give nothing back and I feel like for drama reasons we don't really want that to be public ;)
Do blocked users know they're blocked if they send a PM to ModBot, or does ModBot just ignore them?

Does ModBot keep a record of who has given stuff away before, anonymous or otherwise? I don't think it would be a bad idea to make some giveaways restricted to those who have given stuff themselves.

Ezra2680

Do blocked users know they're blocked if they send a PM to ModBot, or does ModBot just ignore them?

Does ModBot keep a record of who has given stuff away before, anonymous or otherwise? I don't think it would be a bad idea to make some giveaways restricted to those who have given stuff themselves.

But isn't that what the Give 1 Take 1 thread is for?

How big can a thread get before a new one has to be made?

20k posts. I think we can do it until Thursday.

We should all post our wishlists or something.

I'm just curious if you're gonna add the possibility to add Steam gifts to your ModBot?
The feature would work just like with keys, but you PM the gift link instead, which looks something like this: https://store.steampowered.com/accou...Y1234567890ABC
That would complete the ModBot, making it a full-fledged giveaway bot.
How do you get a gift link? Gift to your own email?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

We probably would have gotten there by next week if not for the summer sale.

We will open this one back up after its completed.

Total posts in this thread - posts asking about the start of the sale - posts joking about the start of the sale = 250 posts, all made by JaseC.

Tak3n

Banned
so who here has tried Unepic, I thought it was going to be a little crap, like a poor mans Rogue Legacy...

But it is actually really good, I was really surprised...

A lot of exploration and traps, the first quest is to get through a room with 51 traps!!

Twinduct

so who here has tried Unepic, I thought it was going to be a little crap, like a poor mans Rogue Legacy...

But it is actually really good, I was really surprised...

A lot of exploration and traps, the first quest is to get through a room with 51 traps!!

Have not played too much, but the narrative is cringe inducing :/
But heard good things about it though.

Stumpokapow, good work on the ModBot, once again!

Let's put it to test, unfortunately right now I only have a spare key to give, but perhaps after the sale the story will be different.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys.To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War -- MB-5ECF3FD309BF0990 - Taken by wetflame
Aquaria -- MB-55227A05F6A5E951 - Taken by Fuu
NightSky -- MB-A15BEF9DBFA4B71F

We should all post our wishlists or something
I'll go first lol. In order of rank:
- Gunpoint
- Amnesia
- Incredipede
- Rogue Legacy
- Dustforce
- Cortex Command
- Surgeon Simulator
- Antichamber
- Garry's Mod
- Prison Architect
- Shadowrun Returns

Should I jump on that Half-Life Complete pack? Will the Valve Complete pack be coming back at all?

All I'm missing outside of Half Life is Counter Strike (which I also hope has a complete sale soon).

Grief.exe

Everyone's talking about backlisting giveaway parttakes and no one has mentioned anything about how to do that :(

Rules and Restrictions:
- To add a rule or restriction to your giveaway, you need to put the rule on its own line in the PM. So nothing else should be on the line, just the rule. The following rules are supported:
RECEIPT
This makes the bot send you a receipt as people claim your giveaways. Receipts may be individual or combined depending on the time window. Receipts make take a few minutes, the bot prioritizes giveaways over receipts.
NOLURKERS
This makes it so that a user has to have posted in the Steam thread 5 or more times before they become eligible
NOWINNERS
This makes it so that past winners are not eligible for the giveaway. During beta testing, this will exclude any past winner. In the future there will be a time limit of around a month.
NOWINNERSWEEKLY
This makes it so that people who have won within a week are not eligible. During beta testing, all wins before July 9th count as July 9th for this counter.
ANONYMOUS
This has the bot post the giveaway in the thread itself, so your charity is Anonymous and no one will ever know it was you. You can still get receipts if you want PM updates on who took your stuff.
BLOCK username
This will block that username from participating in specific.
PMTHANKS
This will include a little bit of instruction text asking the user to PM you with thanks instead of posting in the thread. Of course it is non-binding.

smr00

Banned

We should all post our wishlists or something.

How do you get a gift link? Gift to your own email?
Ys 1 and 2 Chronics
Ys Origin
Ys: The oath in Felghana
Kentucky Route Zero
Unepic
Edge of Space
Monaco
Deadlight

Caerith

No chance of the Half-Life series being cheaper during summer seal, right? I need these...
Half-Life will probably be the same price as it is now during the summer sale, and you will probably also be able to pick up the Valve complete pack or something that includes Half-Life and lots of other stuff at a massive discount. You'll know for sure when the sale hits this October.

Scythian

So are we sure that the Mystery cards are worth "collecting"? I mean, they're not even officially labeled, I'm getting kinda worried about trading them and later Steam being like "Oh, all mystery cards are worth the same, their ClassID is meaningless, carry on."

Grief.exe

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but anyone know why The Bureau: X-COM Declassified isn't on Steam/available for pre-order yet? Does 2K have something exclusive going on, or have they just not gotten around to getting it on Steam?

Found The Bureau on the Steam Registry

http://steamdb.info/app/65930/#section_info

Achievements (There are a lot more, I cut it off for space)

"name": "Achievement_20",
"percent": 21.327014923095703
},
{
"name": "Achievement_31",
"percent": 20.221168518066406
},
{
"name": "Achievement_24",
"percent": 19.747234344482422
},
{