• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Did some quick and dirty links for the OP. Going to bed.

Going to go back through and fix the other ones since the edges aren't removed correctly

je9xM8Ysyqgye.png

I'm installing Bioshock 2 now and it's showing Steam Achievements on my library page.

Edit: There are even listings for Minerva's Den steam achievements. It's not on the store yet but it's gotta be coming soon.

That is definitely one of the larger pieces of evidence.

Its looking pretty likely that GFWL is going down within the next couple of weeks.

Hopefully Halo 2
and Halo 3
comes over to Steam as well.

Well Bioshock 2 still has GFWL in it and it's still awful. The client doesn't recognise my keyboard so I can't change the password that it currently has saved in the input field and thus will not be able to save my progress?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This is exactly right, I always check people's Steam profiles and see what games they enjoy.
Please don't think my playtime is connected to my enjoyment. Really, my playtimes make no fucking sense to me.

Edit: Except Terraria and SR3.

Edit 2: I aim to master the art of recommendations with accurate descriptions.

Ezalc

Sold a bunch of trading cards from Offspring fling. And now I have 2 reals, which isn't even a dollar. Awesome. Now if I can just repeat the process about thirty times I might be able to buy something.

Holy fuck, I couldn't change the password because of a check box. I had to un-check "remember my password and email" in order to be able to edit the entered password. Who the fuck designed this interface.

ArjanN

This is exactly right, I always check people's Steam profiles and see what games they enjoy.

It's also helps you see which people are just looking to get items off you.

Oh you joined a year ago, own 3 games and have 1000 hours in TF2? Also, your avatar picture is NSFW and your profile name is something like 'Bob McRealAmerican' (and 27 other aliases) yet all the comments on your profile are in russian. Seems legit!

AndyBNV

Nvidia
The update is free to all existing Surgeon Simulator 2013 owners, but you can buy the game and the Team Fortress 2 characters from Steam at 10am PST/ 6pm BST for $9.99 and £6.99 respectively.

In a note sent to VG247 this morning, Bossa said in a statement, “In a very rare agreement with Valve, the Bossa developers have integrated two characters from the seminal TF2: the Medic and the Heavy. Inspired by Valve’s “Meet The Medic” video, these characters will now take the roles of Nigel and Bob in the game that set the internet alight this year, with around 1 million Let’s Play videos now uploaded to YouTube, garnering well in excess of 70 million video views.”

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/21/surgeon-simulator-2013-adds-team-fortress-2s-medic-and-heavy/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX51P-WP-9Q&feature=player_embedded

Storm360

Its looking pretty likely that GFWL is going down within the next couple of weeks.

Hopefully Halo 2
and Halo 3
comes over to Steam as well.

Honestly I don't think gfwl will go, for a start, it's tied to xbox 360 live, same way I don't see GFWL getting removed from the games

Storm360

That... doesn't make much sense.

My post or the servers being connected?

I was actually posting that from my phone so it was rushed, but they use the same servers, for example, games like Shadowrun are cross platform, and every time there is a GFWL error there is a Xbox LIVE error and via versa

derExperte

Looks like Dota 2 is out now
except for China
Time to eat all our invites

Btw, I know the DOTA invites can be deleted but is there a bot we can send other useless stuff to? AirMech 2 [NO LONGER VALID] and Rising Storm Beta Extra Copy are laughing in my face.

Zeknurn

Btw, I know the DOTA invites can be deleted but is there a bot we can send other useless stuff to? AirMech 2 [NO LONGER VALID] and Rising Storm Beta Extra Copy are laughing in my face.

Maybe a particular individual with a Saoirse avatar would be interested in buying these very rare collectables.

derExperte

Man, I get not wanting to play something longer (I seem to be the only one that likes SS3...) but it's sad seeing people idling for example Offspring Fling and not even completing one single level. :( Really hope that if the summer sale brings special cards they require to actually play the games a bit.

So how exactly do those BioShock 2 steam achievements work? I go the GFWL version from Gamefly, so I suppose that version won't get them?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Completed Offspring Fling, great little game. Played a lot of levels before but got stuck. Certainly one of those titles that grows on you.
Got it from a friendly Gaffer like a month ago, I don't remember who exactly, but I think it was a regular from this thread. Just wanted to say thanks, again. You're a great someone. :p

Almost completed it's card collection, just one more to go. That would be my first badge. Loving the art.

There's no way i'm going to complete level 99 though. I'm just not fast enough. :/

Silly question but I haven't really been keeping up with the whole trading card thing. How are people getting good cards, making money etc? I play TF2 every once in a while and gotten a few cards but they seem pretty standard just like one for pyro, demo man, medic card etc which aren't really worth anything.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Silly question but I haven't really been keeping up with the whole trading card thing. How are people getting good cards, making money etc? I play TF2 every once in a while and gotten a few cards but they seem pretty standard just like one for pyro, demo man, medic card etc which aren't really worth anything.
You have a small chance for a rare variant of a card - but no one is making that much money. You just sell the TF2 card you got and then you have 30 cents you didn't have before.

You have a small chance for a rare variant of a card - but no one is making that much money. You just sell the TF2 card you got and then you have 30 cents you didn't have before.

ah gotcha thanks

EDIT: WOW they go fast. I basically just sold all my cards in under 2 minutes lol. $1.50 credit yay lol

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Crafting a badge feels goooood. So many things i'm probably never going to use but look cool anyhow. Profile showcases are great, the achievement one makes me want to go hunting.
Someday.

Anybody interested in a 25% off Zeno Clash II coupon?

Crafting a badge feels goooood. So many things i'm probably never going to use but look cool anyhow. Profile showcases are great, the achievement one makes me want to go hunting.
Someday.

Anybody interested in a 25% off Zeno Clash II coupon?

I would be interested if I know till when. Could grab it during the Summer Sale then :)

Maxwood

I would be interested if I know till when. Could grab it during the Summer Sale then :)
It expires on the fifth of Juli.

In other news; a wild Brütal Legend Boosterpack appeared. Yay!

That is definitely one of the larger pieces of evidence.

Hopefully Halo 2 and Halo 3 comes over to Steam as well.

Halo 3 was announced as a free title for the upgraded xbox live so I'm having a hard time believing it's also coming to PC. I want to believe, though.

Buying Dead Island: GOTY

Is this game fun to play alone? Any gaffers up for co-op?

Definitely not. I would also say it's not fun to play in a group either.

Your top ten game list makes no sense by the way.

Did you just idle in all of these games?

I find it hard to believe you played 450 hours of Skyrim, 400 hours of Chessmaster, 200 hours in both Indiana Jones adventure games.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040673812/games?tab=all#0|10

When I first joined Steam 2 years ago, I thought it was interesting to see that they actually counted hours you played and had a Steam rating on a scale of 1-10. I discovered that it actually counted hours of every game you had open. I wanted to push the hours count to see what would happen if it was logging ridiculous hours. Since I'm buying so many games, might as well put some hours into all of them, even if not playing, at the same time. I was able to push like 2000+ hours in one week.... who knew that a year or two later I'd be doing the same idling in multiple games just to get items. It was amusing to see a couple of threads pop in the SPUF about how was it possible that some users have more than 336 hours in their 2 week playtime count. As you can see I've toned that down a bit.

Okay, no more posts about me. I don't usually post here, just a lurker enjoying the informative Steam threads.

Buying Dead Island: GOTY

Is this game fun to play alone? Any gaffers up for co-op?

I'm always up for a game if you want to add me. The game is okay solo and a bit better in coop if you're playing with good friends.
The beggining of the game is kinda slow and the combat isn't that good but once you get all the follow up combos and all it starts being fun (you should be at the middle of Act 2 by then). Just don't play this game expecting a gloomy survival like many people were when the game came out, it's more like a beat them up where you uppercut zombies to space. That's just my opinion though.

Also don't forget to download this launcher :
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2114535

It allows you to change some graphic options like bloom or tweak your FOV. You should disable bloom (and maybe download a SweetFX config), the game is prettier without it. Here's some SweetFX and no bloom screenshots (sorry for the heavy files D:) :

When I first joined Steam 2 years ago, I thought it was interesting to see that they actually counted hours you played and had a Steam rating on a scale of 1-10. I discovered that it actually counted hours of every game you had open. I wanted to push the hours count to see what would happen if it was logging ridiculous hours. Since I'm buying so many games, might as well put some hours into all of them, even if not playing, at the same time. I was able to push like 2000+ hours in one week.... who knew that a year or two later I'd be doing the same idling in multiple games just to get items. It was amusing to see a couple of threads pop in the SPUF about how was it possible that some users have more than 336 hours in their 2 week playtime count. As you can see I've toned that down a bit.

Okay, no more posts about me. I don't usually post here, just a lurker enjoying the informative Steam threads.

This logic makes my head hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom