• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Tomb Raider was amazing and a great reboot for the series.

The first 42% was great, but ugh...
If your going with dark & gritty, don't overdo it and make it believable.
Oh, and more platforming and puzzles please.

Mountain Village was frigging brilliant, though.

Gaspode_T

Evoland is easy so far but very cathartic fun...

Bought Fist Puncher as well, because Adult Swim Games is run by one of the best guys in industry (superpac)

Evoland is easy so far but very cathartic fun...
I like the game a lot but it's so uneven and flawed. The Zelda ripoff sections are decent but the Final Fantasy ripoff sections are TERRIBAD. Then the evolutions happen too frequently at first and then you are in one mode for a lengthy period. Repeated when you switch to 3D.

I'd love to see them have another shot at the idea though.

Bought Fist Puncher as well, because Adult Swim Games is run by one of the best guys in industry (superpac)
Hmm, another Adult Swim game so soon?

Cheddahz

Banned
The first 42% was great, but ugh...
If your going with dark & gritty, don't overdo it and make it believable.
Oh, and more platforming and puzzles please.

Mountain Village was frigging brilliant, though.

Everything after the part where
the stronghold is destroyed and the helicopter crashes
was really dumb. I wish the game would had ended earlier

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
00000946.png

Not the pic, but it's true.

Maxwood

Maybe he really likes cereal.

Gaspode_T

I like the game a lot but it's so uneven and flawed. The Zelda ripoff sections are decent but the Final Fantasy ripoff sections are TERRIBAD. Then the evolutions happen too frequently at first and then you are in one mode for a lengthy period. Repeated when you switch to 3D.

I'd love to see them have another shot at the idea though.

Hmm, another Adult Swim game so soon?

I am basically not playing these nostalgic games for a challenge ... same with the Penny Arcade RPGs, if they were too hard I would probably not bother with them, no random battles etc is a life saver for me

Unepic was looking SUPER tempting but I skipped because I wasn't sure if it was done or what (early access label)

Kurdel

Banned
An aquaintance just gifted me War Z (or whatever it's called now).

Do I accept or decline the gift? Did he already oay for it, or does it charge him when I accept?

73V3N

Banned
Wow, FTL is really good. been playing it for 1 hour and then I saw i got 2 cards from it...
I didn't even know I would get cards.
If i get to sell them then I got the game almost for free.

Ardvent

Do I accept or decline the gift? Did he already oay for it, or does it charge him when I accept?

He's already purchased it, which is how he can give it to you.

Just accept it, give 'Infestation: Survival Stories' a shot, and then get frustrated with how this game even exists.

It's already paid for so you might as well accept it. It's going to be a collector's item one day.

Ardvent

You people are getting WAY too hyped for something that we all know will be disappointing anyway.

I just can't imagine much to look forward to this sale. There are plenty of little indie games I hope go up for cheap, but doubt they'll be less than $3, otherwise else really on my wish list.

Already asked yesterday, but maybe now someones knows.

What happened to the Naruto SteamDB-entry? Last time I heard something about it was about 1 month ago or so.

It won't be cheaper until it is in a humble bundle. Certainly not in the summer sale. You people are getting WAY too hyped for something that we all know will be disappointing anyway.

Hey. At least Amazon.com, GMG and co. will offer some great discounts then :)

rybrad

Anyone buy Skulls of the Shogun for beta access? My understanding is that it's essentially just missing finished multiplayer? Tempted to buy it for this weekend.
Only the first 4 or 5 levels are unlocked in the Single Player (at least when I played earlier this week). The multiplayer is in as well and you can play against AI opponents to get a feel for it before people start knocking you off edges and ruining your day.

Zeth

Only the first 4 or 5 levels are unlocked in the Single Player (at least when I played earlier this week). The multiplayer is in as well and you can play against AI opponents to get a feel for it before people start knocking you off edges and ruining your day.

Oh ok, didn't realize it was only a few levels. So maybe not worth buying until release? Idk, haven't played it yet so I might do it out of curiosity. Pretty sure I'm going to love the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom