• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
Hey guys, I just completed the new Tomb Raider game, so I decided to write a recommendation for it it

Vpd32Q2.png

cicero

FYI for those who might not check the GOG threads, they are having a huge sale going on now, and today all the deals for the entire sale are on for 24 hours as listed HERE. If people aren't buying DRM free FTL for $2.49, they need to be flying punched in their gullets. King of Dragon Pass, $1.49... Bullfrog Classics Bundle (Syndicate + Syndicate Wars + Dungeon Keeper 1+2 + Theme Hospital + Populous 1-3 + Magic Carpet 1+2) for only $14.90. I already own everything but Syndicate Wars and Magic Carpet 2 so I get those for only $2.98? I love pc gaming...

This was smart. It devolved into people bottoming them out at $2.50 instead, which is when I picked up a couple and sold one for $6ish when prices went back up. Hurray for speculation.

Spazo

I'm so fustrated right now..

I reinstalled steam because it was so slow and I didnt had a clean steam install since 3 years.

So now that steam was reinstalled, I'm trying to install a fresh new game but it stays at Creating local game cache files. Its like this for about 15 mins....

really starting to hate the steam client.

chronomac

Agreed. Can't tell you how many times i've gotten to the end with relative ease and then just get shredded. Stuff goes to hell very quickly.
It took me forever to get to the last boss. The first time I did? Died in seconds, practically. But I eventually picked it up again and like playing it every now and then. I've had the game via GOG and now I get to activate it on Steam (trading cards, because I'm like that). $2.50 is a steal.

sibarraz

Banned
How long is offspring fling? seems like the kind of game that I will enjoy, plus, I could craft FrankerZ

Edit: Explain me faster than light? what kind of genre is?

Sooo what's the deal with that dogface emoticon? Is it a reference to something/someone? I don't see the connection to offspring fling at all.

sibarraz

Banned
Sooo what's the deal with that dogface emoticon? Is it a reference to something/someone? I don't see the connection to offspring fling at all.

Is a popular emoticon from twitch, normally is used at speedruns when the broadcaster manages to beat the record

Also, is a funny emoticon to use and spam in the chat, cause :FrankerZ:

derExperte

Nabs

I'm so fustrated right now..

I reinstalled steam because it was so slow and I didnt had a clean steam install since 3 years.

So now that steam was reinstalled, I'm trying to install a fresh new game but it stays at Creating local game cache files. Its like this for about 15 mins....

really starting to hate the steam client.

Do you have anything that could be blocking Steam or your ports?

FYI for those who might not check the GOG threads, they are having a huge sale going on now, and today all the deals for the entire sale are on for 24 hours as listed HERE. If people aren't buying DRM free FTL for $2.49, they need to be flying punched in their gullets. King of Dragon Pass, $1.49... Bullfrog Classics Bundle (Syndicate + Syndicate Wars + Dungeon Keeper 1+2 + Theme Hospital + Populous 1-3 + Magic Carpet 1+2) for only $14.90. I already own everything but Syndicate Wars and Magic Carpet 2 so I get those for only $2.98? I love pc gaming...

This was smart. It devolved into people bottoming them out at $2.50 instead, which is when I picked up a couple and sold one for $6ish when prices went back up. Hurray for speculation.

Just to clarify, GOG doesn't give Steam codes, right?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well haven't played Tycoon but if it's anything like Game Dev Story it will be super addictive. Don't know how well it would transfer as a non-mobile game though.

Hahah darn.

Isn't it purchasable as a non-mobile game already?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Maxwood said about 4 hours for Offspring.
Something like that, yeah. Maybe a bit less. Higly replayable if you're into timetrials, though.
Puzzles aren't that hard, but some of the platform sections in the later levels can become quite challenging. Except for level 99 it never becomes frustrating, partly because levels don't take longer then a minute.

The endboss took two minutes, longest level in the game. :p

There's also an editor, maybe the community made some cool levels. Don't know, haven't looked yet.

Very charming title.

Zeth

Anyone buy Skulls of the Shogun for beta access? My understanding is that it's essentially just missing finished multiplayer? Tempted to buy it for this weekend.

Spazo

Do you have anything that could be blocking Steam or your ports?

I was not having any issue with that before and just to be sure, I added all the required UPD/TCP ports in my router...

I also deleted all entries about steam in my registry and I reinstalled steam again. Will see how it goes

Acorn

...and that's why my Brütal Legend boost won't sell. :(

Hopefully with full release the market will become influxed with buyers rather than sellers as is the case now. Therefore hopefully increasing value.

The way things are now I'm keeping all my common cards in the hope they retire them for series 2 causing them to become rare.

I'm doubtful they'll be an influx of buyers though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom