• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Also, I just sold 20 Beta Invites, just before the beta is ending. Pretty cool if you ask me. :p
How did you get so many? I have none.

Omerta got a big patch btw, maybe you like it better now. They revamped the cover system for example and many more stuff.
If they fixed the tactical side that could help, but if the empire side is still nothing but playing monopoly with yourself, the boredom wouldn't be worth it. I have X-COM now so Omerta would basically have to become what I actually thought it would be (basically half Tropico, half Jagged Alliance) to be worth my time. It's not near that full of strategy, in one round or on a long run in the campaign, and has nothing near the personality of those games to make up for it.

Because they over-hyped what elements would actually comprise the game, the game, the gaming media essentially looked at their demonstrations as simplistic demos of basic mechanics rather than actual representations of what the game would be like. Turns out those simplistic mechanics were all there was, so they fucked up big and also lost faith with people.

Surgeon simulator just got several new achievements, looks like they're adding a TF2 themed operation or something.
Never in my life have I laughed so hard at a game trailer.

Nabs

I would expect Dota 2 to be released later, at the beginning of August, just before TI3.

Moreover, I cannot imagine the sales starting on Saturday, so I would say the sales would start the week after, on Monday July 1st.

I can read between the lines. It is so obvious now.

June 27 - July 8 is my guess.

Oneironaut

Neo Member
Has anyone figured out yet how the drops of the booster packs work? I'm wondering if I'll increase my odds by having more games eligible, or if the chance is the same as long as I have at least one.

Wok

June 27 - July 8 is my guess.

This would have been my guess too if there had not been four game releases planned on June 28th.

8WS3iq5.png

KingKong

July 2nd to 18th sounds right to me

Steam cards released on June 27th so I doubt it would start the next day since they would want to make sure its working right and people have signed up/understood what the cards are

inky

I now keep getting different cards as drops, tempting me to buy the few rest and craft a badge instead of selling them for pennies. And I laughed initially when people were buying this stuff...

Damn you Steam, damn you to hell!

I now keep getting different cards as drops, tempting me to buy the few rest and craft a badge instead of selling them for pennies. And I laughed initially when people were buying this stuff...

Damn you Steam, damn you to hell!

I just did this with Don't Starve. 3 days ago I was telling my brother "you just need to play the game and sell the cards. It's stupid to buy cards only for backgrounds or emoticons". I feel dirty.

Edit: wait, the "Series 1" is for the cards or only for the badges?

inky

I just did this with Don't Starve. 3 days ago I was telling my brother "you just need to play the game and sell the cards. It's stupid to buy cards only for backgrounds or emoticons". I feel dirty.

Yea, but you just know down the line more benefits will be tied to your Steam level, and you'll look back at all those cards you sold for $2 and will still idle for hours just to get a new set, lol. (This is probably more expensive if you consider your power bill too :p).

Yea, but you just know down the line more benefits will be tied to your Steam level, and you'll look back at all those cards you sold for $2 and will still idle for hours just to get a new set, lol. (This is probably more expensive if you consider your power bill too :p).

I have no doubt that Valve will start tying more perks to your Steam level, but as more games are added and trading cards comes out of beta, I'd expect prices on cards to be low enough that you can buy an entire set to craft a badge for pretty cheap.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
July 2nd to 18th sounds right to me

Steam cards released on June 27th so I doubt it would start the next day since they would want to make sure its working right and people have signed up/understood what the cards are

I'm guessing you mean 8th since I highly doubt they're going to make the sale over 2 weeks long...

The past three years sales have been 10 days long and all started on Thursdays and ended on Sundays, but of course it's not impossible that it could, for some reason, start on a Tuesday and last 7.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Offspring Fling is constantly using 100% of one CPU and Memory Usage is constantly going up.

It's also moving at about one frame per second now. WTF.

I am holding back all urges to spend money on a stupid referential Twitch emoticon and adding a drop to the ocean of Xel's Steam fund, but I don't know if I can stop myself.

OxPG60p.png

Nabs

You know we're all buying BibleThump if BoI gets it.

Registry: Tripwire Bundle - June 2013 / Red Orchestra Franchise Pack June 2013

catabarez

I got my first foil today (Spiky Cuddler). Should I hold off on selling all of my cards until tomorrow to see if they end up going for more?

Vecks

I'm intrigued as to why people think that cards should be worth more than 30 cents, let alone anything at all.

I know, right? 30 cents for a digital card that barely has any use outside of crafting for exp?
I feel weird for even considering spending any amount of money just to put a background on my profile.

Oreoleo

I got my first foil today (Spiky Cuddler). Should I hold off on selling all of my cards until tomorrow to see if they end up going for more?

No harm in putting it up for what you would like for it now. Just because you list them now doesn't mean they need to sell now. I think prices will rebound a bit through the weekend but make sure you get rid of them before Wednesday when the trading cards leave beta. All bets are off after that.

You can look at other games' cards to get an idea of trends. Looks like some of the Trine 2 cards peaked in price about 4 days after they were released, for example. It really depends on the popularity of each game.

Grief.exe

Cool! Thanks! People talking about cards could you please move it to that thread?

The thread kind of explodes when there are new cards, interesting stuff to talk about. Kind of hard to bar Steam discussion in a Steam thread.

If you are looking to trade the cards though, that should take place in the trading card thread.

Caerith

The thread kind of explodes when there are new cards, interesting stuff to talk about. Kind of hard to bar Steam discussion in a Steam thread.

If you are looking to trade the cards though, that should take place in the trading card thread.
I imagine the card discussion will die down a bit after next week. Once every game has them and the economy tanks, they won't be so interesting.

HoosTrax

I feel like I'm playing Trine 2 wrong. I'm cheating my way through most of the puzzles, bypassing them with the wizard, which is probably not what the game designers intended when they placed those portals and fire spouts.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I feel like I'm playing Trine 2 wrong. I'm cheating my way through most of the puzzles, bypassing them with the wizard, which is probably not what the game designers intended when they placed those portals and fire spouts.

That is actually the best and correct way to play. If you aren't breaking puzzles, you aren't trine-ing hard enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom