• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sothpaw

Yeah Max Payne 3 was very enjoyable despite the invasive, unskippable cutscenes that are really annoying when you're replaying the game again. I've also beaten ME1, I'll probably get to ME2 when my backlog will get a bit shorter, thanks.

Dude, ME2 is THE tps game as far as I'm concerned. ME3 is just as mechanically good. Uncharted/Gears/Last of Us have nothing on ME2.

Vecks

Yes, one sec -- with the one note that this might involve a lot of gaming (IE buy indie bundle, give away turd, rely on the fact that a lot of people will use the givers-only rule but not the nowinners rule, cha-ching). Yeah just give me 5 minutes.

This is probably a really stupid idea, but why not make a quality giver rule? For people who only give games with high metacritic scores.

Turfster

This is probably a really stupid idea, but why not make a quality giver rule? For people who only give games with high metacritic scores.

Metacritic is a false standard!
(It'll also be really hard to implement, because you can basically put anything for the game name)

Dawg

Nobody messes with the Fatal Futa!

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Grief.exe

This one and the Metroid Prime one are still some of my finest hours.

jRXtg40j0Nul1.png

Its ironic because you can't even emulate Metroid Prime Trilogy.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Oh god i'm dying

smr00

Banned
Thank you :D

Nobody messes with the Fatal Futa!
youarealreadydead.jpg

I keep seeing Risen/Risen 2 on sale, are they any good? I heard pretty bad things about Risen when it came out (on the console side) but nothing about Risen 2. I see pirates and ships and heavy RPG mechanics which looks interesting.

~Kinggi~

Banned

but gaf says you are in Belgium.

Grief.exe

Dude, ME2 is THE tps game as far as I'm concerned. ME3 is just as mechanically good. Uncharted/Gears/Last of Us have nothing on ME2.

I wish they hadn't dumbed it down to such extreme levels in order to get to that point.

Its still not that great mechanically.

Yes, one sec -- with the one note that this might involve a lot of gaming (IE buy indie bundle, give away turd, rely on the fact that a lot of people will use the givers-only rule but not the nowinners rule, cha-ching). Yeah just give me 5 minutes.

Might be version 2.0 kind of stuff but:

How about an ANSWER=Gabe optional field? That way people could give away keys with a trivia question attached or restrict participants to a particular code from the OP or something like that.

Smh

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Okay, testing the "givers only" rule. These are not real keys.

Can I ask that someone who has NEVER given anything try to claim Magic School Bus, and someone who HAS given something try to claim Alan Wake 3
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys.To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alan Wake 3: I'm A Poet and I didn't Knowit -- MB-15084337F2394B7D - Taken by toddhunter
Magic School Bus The Game -- MB-F9FC23F4A2BE4D09 - Taken by Turfster

Dawg

Goddamnit I never gave something away with the new bot and of course today of all days you are giving away Alan Wake 3

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This one and the Metroid Prime one are still some of my finest hours.

jRXtg40j0Nul1.png

Haha, I'd forgotten about the Metroid Prime image. It's surprisingly similar to the original.

lol nice.. did you like the host Jase? :p

I liked the fact that it broke a two-year drought. Saoirse and William Hurt offer the only remotely convincing performances, but the film is over-encumbered by an otherwise palpable lack of effort and sincerity from just about everybody else involved, including and most particularly Andrew Niccol himself. (I actually feel a little sorry for Saoirse as she accepted the project due to the duality of her role, only for Niccol to handle it in the laziest way possible.)

Honest question: when i buy XCOM , how would i be able to use modbot with it? i don't think Steam gives out serial keys when i ask for a gift, unless the email way to gift is different.
Of course, if there's no way to do it, i'll just sent the gift link to whoever wants it.

Catshade

Actually the newer ones (Crossfire, Back in Action) look good, (I can't just play old school games.) But the Meta reviews are pretty crappy. I don't usually care about Metacritic, prefer user reviews and opinions. Are those two good?

I haven't played the newer ones, though the Metacritic reviews were based on the initial release, which was quite buggy and unpolished. Lots of them have been patched by now, I think.

Dawg

Honest question: when i buy XCOM , how would i be able to use modbot with it? i don't think Steam gives out serial keys when i ask for a gift, unless the email way to gift is different.
Of course, if there's no way to do it, i'll just sent the gift link to whoever wants it.

There's currently no format to give away a steamgift, I was asking the same thing earlier :p

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

You'd have to buy from a key retailer like Greenmangaming, I don't think Gift Claiming is built in yet.

Vecks

I don't think that feature is available yet. You'll have to buy it outside of steam probably.

I can't stop laughing xD

But you wont be laughing when I take you out back

youarealreadydead.jpg

repost

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
What the hell

capturegvsqi.png

Just wanted to replay Borderlands 2 to redeem 3 golden keys and it has to re-install 30 packages?

It seems to have happened after a Windows update that update the Net Framework 4.0 or something like that.

Dawg

What the hell

capturegvsqi.png

Just wanted to replay Borderlands 2 to redeem 3 golden keys and it has to re-install 30 packages?

It does this with every single game on my steam client. Some of them are only 12 steps or so, but every now and then it's 50+. You can simply cancel it and the game starts fine though.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It does this with every single game on my steam client.

Not for me, first time seeing it have to do 30.

As I said in my last post, I just updated Net Framework 4.0 because Windows update prompted me (among the other automatic updates it pushes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom