• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vecks

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

You're giving me flashbacks of dealing with 12-year-olds in CoD.

oipic

What an interesting dynamic Stump's ModBot has introduced to the thread - I like it.

As a spectator sport, it lacks a little compared to the 'me, me, me'/key-jump/'oh, gosh, beaten' thread post method, but full disclosure of lucky recipients is a great thing.

I really need to somehow inventory my unused keys (how the heck do people track them?), and give them away here soon.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
Is this a new kind of /b/ copypasta? I haven't been there in a long time. Last time I visited everyone was still posting the John one, and shit was so cash (pic related: it's me and my bitch).

I'm actually confused about how this all works now, so I can't enter a giveaway without offering games but not anonymously?

n5127ebfd21a01.gif

They released an update to the client a few hours ago that was supposed to fix game installations taking dozens of steps. Force an update and it should be fine.

hlhbk

So I just started playing through Borderlands and honestly feel a little underwhelmed. I hear 2 has a better story and is a better game. Am I missing anything by just moving on to Boderlands 2?

neoism

Because you already won Alan Wake 3 from this giveaway, greedypants

Or to quote the log "GA: Scammer double-entry busted toddhunter"

lol stump is there a post faq for the bot... still not sure really how it works.. I will probably gift a few games once the sale starts... is it going to be only givers able to participate from now on?

lol nm

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, testing the "givers only" rule. These are not real keys.

Can I ask that someone who has NEVER given anything try to claim Magic School Bus, and someone who HAS given something try to claim Alan Wake 3
Oh man, now you made me want to play my old copy of The Magic School Bus Explores the Solar System to remember old times. I'll have to ask my cousins to give it back someday, or hope that it gets added on Steam.

Same with Putt-Putt.

Grief.exe

So I just started playing through Borderlands and honestly feel a little underwhelmed. I hear 2 has a better story and is a better game. Am I missing anything by just moving on to Boderlands 2?

If you are underwhelmed by Borderlands 1, that sentiment isn't going to be fixed by playing 2.

Holy crapola, I had to read the last page or two and figure out the context of this.
I was like, damn dude you gonna get banned.

KarmaCow

Borderlands 2 doesn't fundamentally change much from the first game, though I do like a good portion of the weapons feel unique beyond things like increased firerate or clipsize.

neoism

2 got boring less quickly than 1... but that's about all I can say about it.

Agreed got a nice 90 hours out of BL2 still only played the last DLC about 3 hours though... wished I would have waited to get the game later all together.. the drop rate for insane loot is as bad as D3 :p. After the bullshit that was the Bioshock Infinite season pass I'm done with them forever...they just don't come quick enough the keep my interest.

omg_mjd

The weak parts of BL1 (the tedious grinding, boring loot, lifeless worlds, boring encounters and bullet-sponge enemies) are still very much a part of BL2. Only pick up BL2 if you like the core mechanics of BL1 otherwise stay away. (In any case, either game is supposedly more enjoyable when played co-op.)

Grief.exe

Agreed got a nice 90 hours out of BL2 still only played the last DLC about 3 hours though... wished I would have waited to get the game later all together.. the drop rate for insane loot is as bad as D3 :p. After the bullshit that was the Bioshock Infinite season pass I'm done with them forever...they just don't come quick enough the keep my interest.

Is it weird that I actually like the approach Irrational took with the Infinite Season Pass?

They didn't cut content from the main game. Instead, Irrational made the best game they could, shipped the product, and then began work on the DLC.

It remains to be seen what kind of quality will come out of these releases, but it seems like a much better policy than some of the cash-ins we have seen.

Of course, I generally don't buy DLC, especially sight unseen. So I don't have too much stake in the matter.

The weak parts of BL1 (the tedious grinding, boring loot, lifeless worlds, boring encounters and bullet-sponge enemies)

This sentence basically describes BL1 and BL2.

So I'm downloading 3 files for Black Mesa: an installer, an archive, a "MD5". Do I have do anything with those files once the installer is downloaded? Put them in a certain file, etc?

Grief.exe

Just got back from playing Mortal Kombat, someone catch me up on what I missed.

It's too hard to read like a page or two of posts.

Dota 2 came out of beta.
Gaben-Gate 2013 for about 15 minutes where people thought Steam was monitoring and killing certain programs.
Modbot continues to consume our souls.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
So I'm downloading 3 files for Black Mesa: an installer, an archive, a "MD5". Do I have do anything with those files once the installer is downloaded? Put them in a certain file, etc?

MD5 is just there for you to use in case you want to check and see if the file is 100% perfect and didn't get messed up in transition, just use the installer and once its installed you should be able to delete the three without problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom