• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Weekly PSA to never buy a Headset for your PC audio needs.

If you are thinking about getting one, PM me, or post here, and I will convince you into the best audio gear for your price range and tastes.

Megasoum

Banned
Did the second Transformers game ever go on sale?

I can't remember if it was that game or another game I remember hearing something fishy happening with the publisher or something like that?

Dawg

If you are thinking about getting one, PM me, or post here, and I will convince you into the best audio gear for your price range.

I have a Razer Kraken Pro

I'm interested in what you have to offer though.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

If you are thinking about getting one, PM me, or post here, and I will convince you into the best audio gear for your price range and tastes.

We should really have a gaming side Headphones + Desktop Mic love thread for this, Grief. We must teach the people.

WeaselJCD

Neo Member
No idea if i'm doing this right, but i had to try

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key.To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Shank 2 -- MB-E125E1892E4A7F09 - Taken by NaM

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It was the sole reason for me buying it in the recent GMG sale v_v

I bought Skulls of the Shogun solely because the game's foils are still worth a pretty penny. Needless to say, my master plan to have it literally pay for itself didn't quite pan out. :p But I did fall short by only a mere buck.

Edit: To clarify, I didn't receive a foil, just regular cards.

Exuro

Next thing up from Klipsch Pro Media 2.1? Loved mine but they died on me and I'd rather not buy another set just for that to happen again.

Bizzity

Hello all, just cleaning out some of my old keys and the new Modbot seems like it will make it quite easy, here's the first batch, more to come as I dig through all my old bundles. Good luck!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 9 Steam keys.To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Broken Sword -- MB-89FDE69D31CC7CDA - Taken by WeaselJCD
Aqauria -- MB-C484DACFA3D9D588 - Taken by neoism
Awesomenauts -- MB-B476582B9E1BC984 - Taken by dot
Bastion -- MB-8D407FF9BBEE6C32 - Taken by Dawg
Dustforce -- MB-69BE8F6EA508A106 - Taken by toddhunter
Frozen Synapse -- MB-52872CDBBBF97FAF - Taken by I am Michael Bolton
Night Sky -- MB-AC7C50AEEA5E0164 - Taken by Lingitiz
Swords and Soldiers -- MB-04247DD34B19F58B - Taken by 73V3N
Cave Story Plus -- MB-8CAC07E2D319E1C0 - Taken by Monado Blade

theytookourjobz

Is it weird that I actually like the approach Irrational took with the Infinite Season Pass?

They didn't cut content from the main game. Instead, Irrational made the best game they could, shipped the product, and then began work on the DLC.

It remains to be seen what kind of quality will come out of these releases, but it seems like a much better policy than some of the cash-ins we have seen.

Of course, I generally don't buy DLC, especially sight unseen. So I don't have too much stake in the matter.

This sentence basically describes BL1 and BL2.

I think the Infinite season pass is pretty gross. I think there's an expiration date on story based DLC and it's rapidly approaching. They can take all the time they want to make it but they shouldn't have taken money up front to fund it. It's essentially a preorder paid in full with no release date.

neoism

Is it weird that I actually like the approach Irrational took with the Infinite Season Pass?

They didn't cut content from the main game. Instead, Irrational made the best game they could, shipped the product, and then began work on the DLC.

It remains to be seen what kind of quality will come out of these releases, but it seems like a much better policy than some of the cash-ins we have seen.

Of course, I generally don't buy DLC, especially sight unseen. So I don't have too much stake in the matter.

This sentence basically describes BL1 and BL2.
Yeah I guess its a good thing not to cut stuff but they take their time something fierce anyway.. :p I mean damn took them 3 months to fix that stuttering bug... I already uninstalled it anyway 26gbs is to big to have taken up if I'm done with it... Still think they should have just made a least one of the DLCs same time as the game, and released it a least 2 month out.
Don't really care about MP games taking their time to release DLC 3 to 4 months apart.. but I barely played any of the season pass in BL2.. I just hope I care and I'm interested enough for the BI DLC.. But from now on I'm done with season passes.. until 50% sales or more.

Dawg

Hello all, just cleaning out some of my old keys and the new Modbot seems like it will make it quite easy, here's the first batch, more to come as I dig through all my old bundles. Good luck!

Awwwwwww yeah, I won Bastion.

Thanks dude, you're my new favourite Junior.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Crap I missed Dustforce. :(

Because I got Dustforce, here in return is the "DRM? Just deal with it bundle"

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key.To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

FF7 -- MB-D1F63736DB27EFE2 - Taken by Grief.exe

Mrbob

Who was the dude who couldn't spend 6 bucks on HL2 + episodes? I forgot I have an extra copy of it in my Steam inventory. I'll give it to you so you'll just need the episodes.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key.To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

400 Days -- MB-20D421AE99E26976 - Taken by jshackles

neoism

I bought Skulls of the Shogun solely because the game's foils are still worth a pretty penny. Needless to say, my master plan to have it literally pay for itself didn't quite pan out. :p But I did fall short by only a mere buck.

Edit: To clarify, I didn't receive a foil, just regular cards.

ok about foils can they only drop once from the game a never again, and regular cards do they only drop once...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
To whoever anonymously gave 400 Days - THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grief.exe

Grief.exe with da swwwwooooop

i00usjKgBJXQf.gif

jshackles

You guys are on fire with these giveaways tonight.

Where were the instructions on sending a key in to ModBot?

Grief.exe

To whoever anonymously gave 400 Days - THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a pretty legit giveaway.

Drop us some impressions. Salsa loved it.

ok about foils can they only drop once from the game a never again, and regular cards do they only drop once...

I don't fully understand your question.

You can check how many card drops you get for a game in your profile. Every single time a card is dropped, you have a chance to earn a foil.
I believe the chance is 1/100 for a foil.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I don't see why Valve would limit foil drops to one per game considering they drop infrequently enough as it is and, F2P games aside, you only get a few drops before you have to resort to trading/buying. As for regular cards, they can go back up in price; for example, the other day I noticed that Super Meat Boy cards were sitting at 55~60c rather than the ~45c they were at the last time I had a look.

neoism

So once I have Black Mesa, I should play that first? I'm already 2 hours into HL2 (train yard after teleport). Is it best to play BM first?

Still need to get to the "end of BM" but I really liked it looks soo good.. Was insanely better than the PS2 version of HL may first time through :p You already started 2 though just finish it, BM isn't the whole game anyway..

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Stump, mind if I ask you to fix the lack of space between these two sentences?
"I am giving away a Steam key.To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM."
It's not important, but having the second sentence start right after the period without a space just bothers me a liiiiitle bit... OK, it's really terrible, I can barely stand it, so please please please fix it!

Lint21

Neo Member
Seems like the instructions/faq for ModBot should be in the (already very nice and helpful) OP, it is getting asked about pretty often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom