• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Seems like the instructions/faq for ModBot should be in the (already very nice and helpful) OP, it is getting asked about pretty often.

Still in beta, makes no sense to put in OP while bugs still exist.

Stump, mind if I ask you to fix the lack of space between these two sentences?

It's not important, but having the second sentence start right after the period without a space just bothers me a liiiiitle bit... OK, it's really terrible, I can barely stand it, so please please please fix it!

Fixed

Thanks Bizzity! I actually was trying to get a different game so I am giving away your game again. I greatly apologize about the mishap.

Edit: Welp I screwed that up Modbot!
What would you like me to do in this case? How would you like me to give away the key?

Dawg

As many as you want, but separate lines per rule (ie:
BLOCK Stumpokapow
BLOCK EviLore
BLOCK Kabouter
BLOCK ModBot
etc)

I'm going to assume you can't use the line PMTHANKS together with ANONYMOUS. I was hoping you were able to reveal yourself only to the winner if possible.

Eklesp

So once I have Black Mesa, I should play that first? I'm already 2 hours into HL2 (train yard after teleport). Is it best to play BM first?

HL2 is my favorite game of all time, and I only played the first few minutes of HL1. I don't think it will change your experience with 2.

Not sure if this is going to work. worst case scenario, i'll just retrieve the gift and gift directly
Bought 400 Days as a gift. if anyone wants it, just reply and i'll send a PM with the gift link.

PS: Still buying Xcom to giveaway later if i'm able to :p

I don't see why Valve would limit foil drops to one per game considering they drop infrequently enough as it is and, F2P games aside, you only get a few drops before you have to resort to trading/buying. As for regular cards, they can go back up in price; for example, the other day I noticed that Super Meat Boy cards were sitting at 55~60c rather than the ~45c they were at the last time I had a look.

Unless they changed it, I got two foil drops from HL2.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fractal -- MB-8CA8D15145D11B0B - Taken by hlhbk
Dear Esther -- MB-3BE37E24BA6D040C - Taken by blindrocket
Aquaria -- MB-D9EE54BAD1A51CDE - Taken by Deadbeat
English Country Tune -- MB-87108BAD53A8D971 - Taken by Caerith

neoism

That is a pretty legit giveaway.

Drop us some impressions. Salsa loved it.

I don't fully understand your question.

You can check how many card drops you get for a game in your profile. Every single time a card is dropped, you have a chance to earn a foil.
I believe the chance is 1/100 for a foil.

Guess I worded it weird... Ok 1/100 -______-
If you get a foil card from a game, can you get it again? lol guess it will be hard enough it get it once.
grats on FF7 :O

nm jase answered thats what I thought

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Since this bot rocks and I just won 400 Days:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Warlock Master of the Arcane -- MB-885A061AB7A02F27 - Taken by metalshade
Rage -- MB-0F87A33798B7865C - Taken by Milamber
Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper -- MB-BAD75E40187A94B2 - Taken by Dawg
The Maw -- MB-474A73D5721FE378 - Taken by Deadbeat

Not sure if this is going to work. worst case scenario, i'll just retrieve the gift and gift directly
Bought 400 Days as a gift. if anyone wants it, just reply and i'll send a PM with the gift link.

PS: Still buying Xcom to giveaway later :p

I would love 400 days. But beaten by the looks.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Thanks Bizzity! I actually was trying to get a different game so I am giving away your game again. I greatly apologize about the mishap.

Edit: Welp I screwed that up Modbot!
What would you like me to do in this case? How would you like me to give away the key?

Right now I'd ask that people not relist used keys so feel free to do a manual giveaway.

I'm going to assume you can't use the line PMTHANKS together with ANONYMOUS. I was hoping you were able to reveal yourself only to the winner if possible.

You can use RECEIPT and ANONYMOUS but not PMTHANKS and ANONYMOUS; ModBot has a separate message about karma, play it forward, etc if you redeem an anonymously given away thing.

Dawg

I'm happy jshackles won my key btw (no lurkers!), I was just testing out the anonymous option.

Won't reveal myself next time! :p

Bizzity

Indieroyale sure doesn't make it easy to figure which steam keys I've redeemed and which ones I haven't. Ah well. Here's a couple that everyone has.

Capsized:
65AQY-JGPJ6-DE5M6
Fractal:
VR8JR-DRNGP-AZ85V

Unless they changed it, I got two foil drops from HL2.
Looks like they changed it. My only foil dropped from HL2. The badges for the foil section listed no more drops available when I still had 3 drops for my regular cards.

Why Valve why? I could have gotten more foil drops! T_T
Indieroyale sure doesn't make it easy to figure which steam keys I've redeemed and which ones I haven't. Ah well. Here's a couple that everyone has.

Capsized:
65AQY-JGPJ6-DE5M6
Fractal:
VR8JR-DRNGP-AZ85V
Thanks! Claimed Fractal.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
ModBot's avatar should be a cyborg version of Stump's avatar. Add that to the bug list Stump.

HL2 is my favorite game of all time, and I only played the first few minutes of HL1. I don't think it will change your experience with 2.
I really can't wait to get into the meat of the game, see what all the endless praise is about. The opening was very atmospheric, in a world building "You are here" kind of way.

Caerith

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

English Country Tune -- MB-87108BAD53A8D971 - Taken by Caerith
Thanks, anonymous benefactor!

hlhbk

I really can't wait to get into the meat of the game, see what all the endless praise is about. The opening was very atmospheric, in a world building "You are here" kind of way.

I just wish Black Mesa was finished so I could play the whole first game in that mod.

Grief.exe

My backlog is screwed

CNfhvFL.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Damn I was eyeing that sherlock holmes, it's ok though, gives me an excuse to buy the pack during the sale.

I hope I don't forget to purchase the Nancy Drew pack again. It's a pity it wasn't discounted last year when a couple of the ND games were on sale during the Halloweeen Sale.

Grief.exe

I confused people, that was my fault.

The other 3 games are beaten, I was just referring to FFVII. I can see why that would be easily confusing, I just think looks better with more games.

How did you get the grids to cluster so tightly? New revision of PV?

I'll be adding a guide to the OP very soon.

Is that all you have in your backlog? Mine has to be over 100 games. :p

Here is my actual backlog

http://backloggery.com/Grief_exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom