• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
With Apogee releasing classic games onto Steam, who here would love to see an Apogee Adventure pack with the games:

Monster Bash
Cosmo's Comic Adventure
Hocus Pocus

I sent them an email (info@apogeesoftware.com). Expressing my interest in a bundle like this. :D

Oh, wow, I remember this game. Talk about a blast from the past!

Digoman

I gave up on using headsets because I couldn't find a decent one with the style of headphones I like (covering the ear, open). In the end it was for the best since now I use a Sennheiser and the same desktop mic Grief posted.

Does anyone know if they fixed the driver issues with the Nvidia drivers a few weeks back? I recall people getting blue screens and such after installing them? I just wanna be sure its safe to install them now?

People are still complaining on the forums (the latest beta is from 1st of July). In fact, there is a specific thread: Geforce R320.xx display driver stability feedback thread

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Testing this out.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Walking Dead 400 Days -- MB-CD8DCD58CB3937BD - Taken by Nimajneb

Dawg

I probably missed this, but is there a secondary way to obtain xp?

I noticed I went from "105xp till next level" to "98xp till next level"

Goody

I bought Half-Life: Source only so that it would no longer appear in my library without me actually being able to play it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Blands 2 -- MB-910D2A128840148E - Taken by Narag

KiDdYoNe

Oh, come on! I am at work, have no idea where is the rules of the ModBot thing and i'd like to get that 400 Days DLC. Did i mention there is a limited traffic? :D
e: Looks like i'm stupid, there is a rules in post xD Anyway, never contributed a key to that machine :C

Do any of you guys use controllers for Big Picture Mode or just in general?

I'm planning on building a second PC for the living room and I'd like to grab a wireless controller. I use my DS3 via USB in the office, but I want a wi-fi controller for the living room.

I know the 360 controller seems to be the de facto choice, but it has such a shitty D-Pad and I play a lot of my older games via emulators so I'd like a good D-Pad.

Are any of the logitech controllers decent?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Wow, Blands 2 is a good short hand name for the game.

I'm planning on building a second PC for the living room and I'd like to grab a wireless controller. I use my DS3 via USB in the office, but I want a wi-fi controller for the living room.

I know the 360 controller seems to be the de facto choice, but it has such a shitty D-Pad and I play a lot of my older games via emulators so I'd like a good D-Pad.

The wireless logitech controller, the F710, is a great choice if you don't mind the PS3 form factor. The triggers are better than the DS3 and the dpad is better than the 360's. Plus it can emulate the older standard for PC controllers, giving you fantastic backwards compatibility.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Serious Sam 3 Deluxe Edition -- MB-9EA355D5387D07C2 - Taken by BrokenEchelon
Blades of Time -- MB-0C9C279FBD794894 - Taken by Lint21
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon Plus DLC -- MB-ED0CC04C5A582923 - Taken by NingenJanai
Alan Wake's American Nightmare -- MB-3E5340D393CCE2AA
Alan Wake -- MB-7B9B642AA3252A96 - Taken by goat

Enjoy

The F710 is actually quite good. The Dpad is much better than the 360's

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
:)
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Titan Quest -- MB-0674DDACFDE67CDB - Taken by Razorskin
Red Faction: Armageddon Path to War DLC -- MB-7A03A8C07829A2D1
Aquaria -- MB-50346350DF3CB99B - Taken by Kerub
Nightsky -- MB-CF883C839E837B5B
Waking Mars -- MB-C5E90667B5C4B8C4 - Taken by vazel

Thanks for Serious Sam (Oh shit, it's all three games? Triple thanks!), and the responses about the controller. I wish I could try it out somewhere. I don't mind the DualShock layout.

What about the Razer controllers? I'm eyeing those.

*hides*

I know it's a mouse, but as a Razer product, my DeathAdder was functionally fantastic, but the build quality was utter shit.

JaseC

Thanks for Serious Sam (Oh shit, it's all three games? Triple thanks!), and the responses about the controller. I wish I could try it out somewhere. I don't mind the DualShock layout.

Yeah, the Serious Sam 3 DDE includes the HD remakes of The First Encounter and The Second Encounter.

KiDdYoNe

Okay, looks like this Sale is gonna be like that Great Treasure Hunt or whatever. I am an active Steam user for nearly a 2 years and missed that one. Can anoyone give details/personal look about that stuff? What was the point, why it was hunt? What was the trick, was it worth it? I remember that winter sale with coal stuff, was... well, you know how it was lol.

vazel

Banned
WTF how does the modbot know I took the Waking Mars key!? I demand my lurker rights back!
hiding.gif

I second this. I love my F710. Will be getting an F510 soon just for the consistent wired signal.

haha! i'm the reverse. i actually have a F510 but I'm getting annoyed with the cable always getting in the way so i'm thinking of getting an F710. Does the wireless get disrupted often?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
haha! i'm the reverse. i actually have a F510 but I'm getting annoyed with the cable always getting in the way so i'm thinking of getting an F710. Does the wireless get disrupted often?

I don't have a problem with it at the distance I usually play out. However, I've found the signal does drop off pretty sharply compared to other wireless controllers. Don't expect to push the boundaries of distance like with a Wavebird.

catabarez

I've been mainly using it to play Mortal Kombat lately and I turn my controller a lot so it doesn't see the inputs all the time, but that doesn't happen very often.

I know it's a mouse, but as a Razer product, my DeathAdder was functionally fantastic, but the build quality was utter shit.

Thanks for Blades of Time Leon! Been on my wishlist for quite some time :)

Your welcome :)

I don't have a problem with it at the distance I usually play out. However, I've found the signal does drop off pretty sharply compared to other wireless controllers. Don't expect to push the boundaries of distance like with a Wavebird.

Shouldn't be a problem for me then. I'm right in front of my powered USB hub which I'll use to plug in the nanoreceiver. Don't think anything can top the Wavebird to be honest

JaseC

Okay, looks like this Sale is gonna be like that Great Treasure Hunt or whatever. I am an active Steam user for nearly a 2 years and missed that one. Can anoyone give details/personal look about that stuff? What was the point, why it was hunt? What was the trick, was it worth it? I remember that winter sale with coal stuff, was... well, you know how it was lol.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/The_Great_Steam_Treasure_Hunt

It was very similar to the 2011 Winter Sale meta-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom