• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly new to Steam and only started using it a few weeks ago, so the latest update was the first actual update to it that I had seen.

I'm wondering what it does during the update? Steam updated as usual, but then before launching a game it started updating physx, adobe reader and Microsoft C++ redistributable.

It said there were 128 steps to this, and for a few minutes, it constantly went through a cycle of saying it was installing each of those....over and over again, 128 times? What the hell was it doing?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm fairly new to Steam and only started using it a few weeks ago, so the latest update was the first actual update to it that I had seen.

I'm wondering what it does during the update? Steam updated as usual, but then before launching a game it started updating physx, adobe reader and Microsoft C++ redistributable.

It said there were 128 steps to this, and for a few minutes, it constantly went through a cycle of saying it was installing each of those....over and over again, 128 times? What the hell was it doing?

Steam saying that there was a bajillion steps to complete was a bug.

Dingotech

Looking forward to the sale, steambux just begging to be spent...

I'm tempted to buy 400 days DLC, but I feel like I can wait for a discount on that one.

Lint21

Neo Member
ALL HAIL MODBOT

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hotline Miami -- MB-35CB17DABA55FED7 - Taken by yellow submarine

Joe Molotov

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/The_Great_Steam_Treasure_Hunt

It was very similar to the 2011 Winter Sale meta-game.

MWFhzU1.png

#swag

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Europa Universalis III Chronicles -- MB-9D9AF647C0200436 - Taken by Sajjaja

Since I Won EDF From Leon Belmont I'm giving away EU III Chronicles.

(I don't know if someone else posted about this) Another change in the Mystery cards art. Now there is a little airplane at the bottom.

Edit: Obviously this has been discussed. I'm late as always u_u.

Huh, never heard of this genre before. Sounds like a very love it or hate it type of gameplay

---
Oh, and holy shit. Had no idea there were other STALKER games. So I check on Game Debate. I can't run Shadow of Chernobyl, but the site's saying I could run Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat at low to medium settings.

Are these good compared to Chernobyl? I always wanted to play a STALKER game

My specs: Windows 7, Pentium Dual Core B970 2.3 GHz, 4GB of Ram, Intel HD Graphics 2000.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Wow, I didn't think my 400 Days code would last this long. Surely there's someone who has given a code yet hasn't taken one for themselves.

Milamber

Oh, and holy shit. Had no idea there were other STALKER games. So I check on Game Debate. I can't run Shadow of Chernobyl, but the site's saying I could run Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat at low to medium settings.

Are these standalones good compared to Chernobyl? I always wanted to play a STALKER game

My specs: Windows 7, Pentium Dual Core B970 2.3 GHz, 4GB of Ram, Intel HD Graphics 2000.
Misery 2.0 mod for CoP may improve it for you as they did fix mem leaks, so does SoC Complete mod. Install and try those?

Ezra2680

Here are some games before I go to bed.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rogue Legacy -- MB-742FD56ABAE23EA2 - Taken by Milamber
Dead Island GOTY -- MB-58F4DC1104D42654 - Taken by Dmax3901
Sword of the stars 2 enhanced edition -- MB-36472B63B07C6011 - Taken by Sajjaja

Nimajneb

I've got some extra keys from various bundle, enjoy.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Aquaria -- MB-0BE711EB8165A113
Painkiller : Overdose -- MB-8105C13BFDBCB3B8 - Taken by metalshade
Star Ruler -- MB-D16FE3451497BBD6 - Taken by Setvan2734
Crusader Kings Complete -- MB-F8B2043BA7E74498 - Taken by Dmax3901
AquaNox 2: Revelation -- MB-4E4EC88E80306142 - Taken by Catshade
A New Beginning -- MB-B0D491D3754EA1F6 - Taken by factorone
Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition -- MB-373DA6BF67A63C2F - Taken by Ezra2680
Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection -- MB-1B2B518AEFCF7FF0 - Taken by e36wheelman
Vessel -- MB-5B7CF5DF95ECE347 - Taken by SmarterUnconscious
Pirates of Black Cove -- MB-37B3CEAD0BAED491 - Taken by fokkusu
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes -- MB-209E6958F15B780D - Taken by alr1ght
Vessel #2 -- MB-87A59B57E89D4363 - Taken by Ionic
Nightsky -- MB-46B3776A13084EA7
Waking Mars -- MB-0D4EDA3D0F34024C - Taken by NingenJanai

My Summer Sale excitement has me clearing out old keys:
ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Beat hazard -- MB-888E114AFC5FFD31

Uh oh, I don't think I have 5 posts in this thread. Pyuup.

Knowing the summer sale is right around the corner is so exciting, though I know not what I'd buy..

Organizing my wishlist just in case I'd become eligible for a top 10 games prize, hehe..

Razorskin

----- ------
Uh oh, I don't think I have 5 posts in this thread. Pyuup.

Knowing the summer sale is right around the corner is so exciting, though I know not what I'd buy..

Organizing my wishlist just in case I'd become eligible for a top 10 games prize, hehe..

Come on keep posting, someone's gotta take those keys up there.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Bah, tried to put in for the Dead Island GOTY key but not sure how it works lol

I followed the directions though ><

Nvm, see it was taken.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've finally finished updating my 2013 Steam spending spreadsheet (excluding card purchases), just in time for the Summer Sale. I'll have to remember to keep on top of it; spending the past two afternoons staring at Excel wasn't fun at all.

Milamber

Wish I can go back and experience The Zone for the first time again. Hope Survarium has good co-op when it comes out.

metalshade

Nimajneb, you have given me the opportunity to try a painkiller game for the first time ever, thanks for that!

Definitely gonna learn how to use ModBot so I can give away a whole buncha keys during the sales.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Sam And Max The Devils Playhouse -- MB-E96FA9125494DC8B

Since I won Waking Mars here's another giveaway from me, hehe :)

Mairu

goodbye extra key from humble bundle
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Dear Esther -- MB-FB092E96CBBCC3BD

Huh, never heard of this genre before. Sounds like a very love it or hate it type of gameplay

---

I never thought I'd get into 4x games, but I played the hell out of Civ V when it came out and really enjoyed it. And I got Endless Space, a space 4x during a Steam sale last week and was immediately hooked.

If you're interested in these games, check out some Lets Plays on YouTube or Giant Bomb Quick Looks.

Civ V Quick Look

Endless Space Quick Look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom