• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalshade

I'm the exact opposite. I stopped looking at the LEGO thread cause of Summer Sale and am in the process of boxing up my entire LEGO collection.

I sold my entire collection, several hundreds of lb's worth, and a few of the rare old sets that were in mint condition, when I got married as we just didn't have the space, but I really regret that now. The money was good, but the memories were priceless.

Wow

we made 1,733 posts today.

This thread has been motoring all day long.

Dmax3901

Thanks for my games modbot! I was walking home from work so couldn't thank you til now! Thanks!

EDIT: Ezra2680 and Nimajneb respectively!

They just kept improving on the engine as the games progressed.

I'm surprised people chose CoP as the best iteration. I enjoyed SoC more.
Well to clarify, I was only asking between CoP and CS, cause those are ones I can run. Yet, on Reddit, someone said that if I'm capable from running CS, I can run Chernobyl

-MD-

Great Eggman!! That's ridiculous, and includes Transformed and others!.. Where the heck was I when that happened... Is this basically the thread for the latest in Steam news?

I actually managed to snag that deal and was regretting it because I'm honestly not a big Sonic fan. Until I play Transformed.

Best racing game I've played in years.

Nabs

Note: Bioshock 2 does not have controller support. Don't take the key if you're going to cry about that later on. Grab Minerva's Den for $5 sometime down the line. It's amazing :)

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-76F2D4A6A54C488D - Taken by DeadlyVirus
Bioshock 2 -- MB-9DC4A426A0C609A3 - Taken by WeaselJCD
Capsized -- MB-54A1CED838F9421C - Taken by NingenJanai
Bioshock 1 -- MB-235E67738D785EE0 - Taken by 73V3N

Dropped $6 on NFS: Hot Pursuit for want of something mind numbing to play while listening to the Bombcast, probably my worst gaming purchase ever. The lack of police chases in free roam means that I will literally never boot it up again. Crap. I need to go pick up another wallet card now too.

I am looking forward to 5 minute window pricing errors during the sale more than anything else really. That $4 Sleepy Dawgs still tastes delicious and it saved that extremely boring sale. Speaking of boring sales, I fully expect this one to be a boring sale in theme and in terms of discount amount. Glitches and Amazon is where it's at.

Grief.exe

Good timing Nabs

I'm thinking the Bioshock 2 + Arkham Asylum + Arkham City fixes are going live pretty soon.

They might be patching in controller support for all we know.

I am looking forward to 5 minute window pricing errors during the sale more than anything else really. That $4 Sleepy Dawgs still tastes delicious and it saved that extremely boring sale. Speaking of boring sales, I fully expect this one to be a boring sale in theme and in terms of discount amount. Glitches and Amazon is where it's at.

I picked up that same deal.

Nabs

Amazon has been pretty boring as of late.

Quote for a Wizorb, Bit.Trip.Runner, Gratuitous Space Battles, and Jamestown + GSB Multiplayer key.

/

Vecks

Alright, wanted to give the ModBot a try so sent a message a few hours ago but never received anything back, so I decided to try it again and this time I did receive a PM from ModBot but most keys in the message (except for top two) got marked as error for already being registered with ModBot. Good news though is that, along with the error, it listed their secure key so with a little bit of editing hopefully this will work.

Thanks for E&H.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I actually managed to snag that deal and was regretting it because I'm honestly not a big Sonic fan. Until I play Transformed.

I told a mate ~35 hours before the deal was scheduled to end to buy Transformed, but poking through his game list now, the bastard didn't heed my advice.

sibarraz

Banned
I had to say, I'm fascinated with the modbot, never saw anything like this in forums

This make me wonder, how does steambots work? like the one where you could send dota invites so he could give it to people who needed the game?

Alright, wanted to give the ModBot a try so sent a message a few hours ago but never received anything back, so I decided to try it again and this time I did receive a PM from ModBot but most keys in the message (except for top two) got marked as error for already being registered with ModBot. Good news though is that, along with the error, it listed their secure key so with a little bit of editing hopefully this will work.

Thanks for Sword of the Stars II.

Dafuq is this, I get it whenever I try to start Hotline Miami:

for object objDevolver:

Error defining an external function.

Is paypal broken with Metro steam for anyone else? Tried to buy Corpse Trail and had to use the browser, kept freezing up steam and loading up a dead window. Was using 50 cents of steam wallet in conjunction but I've done so many times over.

Am using Windows 8.1 beta.

73V3N

Banned
Note: Bioshock 2 does not have controller support. Don't take the key if you're going to cry about that later on. Grab Minerva's Den for $5 sometime down the line. It's amazing :)

Got Bioshock 1, Thank you!!.

(Should I play it as soon as possible or play System Shock 1 and 2 first?)

JaseC

Got Bioshock 1, Thank you!!.

(Should I play it as soon as possible or play System Shock 1 and 2 first?)

I'd play BioShock first as System Shock 2 is unquestionably the better game. The original System Shock is ancient and hasn't aged well at all.

Nabs

for object objDevolver:

You could try restarting, but I'd recommend checking out the Hotline Beta patch here.

As a reminder, users can opt-in to this beta version by simply right-clicking the game title, select Properties, and then go to the Betas tab to opt-in. Password is: hlm

neoism

el-meme-mother-of-god-animado%5B2%5D.gif

WeaselJCD

Neo Member

Got Bioshock 2 thx (=

Has anyone maybe an idea why i can't paste anything anymore on my pc?
Doesn't matter if i try right klick paste oder cntrl+v

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

for object objDevolver:

Welcome to hell.

One fix is to navigate to the redist folder in Hotline Miami's steam folder and install the files found there, then restart your computer. You can also try switching to the game's beta, which currently has bugs and performance issues, by going to the betas tab for the game and entering the password hlm

JaseC

Activision's sales are always overpriced and disappointing anyways :(

Call of Duty and TimeShift aside, Activision is not much worse than other larger publishers when it comes to sales. With this year's Amazon Summer Sale, though, Acti apparently wasn't interested in participating to any meaningful degree and just gave the okay for a 25% discount across the board.

Martian

I reinstalled CS:GO again, but I can't get it to work.

I downloaded it, but before it can be launched it verifies it or something.

And yesterday and today it says: The Steam Servers are too busy to handle your request right now. (Error 53)

on the steam site it says something about your firewall, but steam is verified in mcafee.

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

I concur! Been having a blast playing it splitscreen with the girlfriend.
Picked it up 7.50 on its own, but still deep regret for not seeing that pricing error and getting a second copy to hand off to someone else. What a wicked deal!

JaseC

Hah right.. I'm a little hopped on up regret I didn't see that pricing error. I'm sure I was at home doing nothing all day. Drat.

Front page updates for important news?

News items of particular significance (e.g. System Shock 2 releasing on Steam) get dedicated threads, as do sale periods (e.g. this thread will be closed when the Summer Sale starts).

sibarraz

Banned
Still waiting for the plentiful paradox package at amazon

It will be 9.49 just for a day

In the steam sale, I hope to pick alpha protocol in a cheap price

neoism

Capsized is awesome only because of the amazing Solar Fields album attached to it... amazing album everyone should give it a listen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom