• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

rybrad

Oh ok, didn't realize it was only a few levels. So maybe not worth buying until release? Idk, haven't played it yet so I might do it out of curiosity. Pretty sure I'm going to love the game.
I pretty much bought it out of curiosity as well and I have really enjoyed what I played. I have no problem supporting the dev and getting a few levels to mess around with in this case. I am not a big multiplayer guy in general so I can't speak to whether that is enticing enough if you like multiplayer.

jtb

Banned
just picked up FTL—have high hopes for this!—and saw cities of motion 2 was on sale...

does anyone know how it runs on integrated graphics (namely, Macbook Air 2012)? I'm a huge transit nerd and would love to pick it up, warts and all, since it's steamplay but I'm worried that it won't handle all the under the hood calculations. and i've just got this feeling that the game is probably ridiculously poorly optimized...

is there an OT I could ask this to also?

Grief.exe

It's like last time, this is the day with all the dailies they had and will have. There may be one or two surprises but that's what we'll get until the end.

Don't ruin my dreams!

That game. Played the demo when I was a kid, couldn't play for more than 5 minutes, it scared the shit out of me D:.

I never actually beat it as a kid because it was so scary lol.

just picked up FTL—have high hopes for this!—and saw cities of motion 2 was on sale...

does anyone know how it runs on integrated graphics (namely, Macbook Air 2012)? I'm a huge transit nerd and would love to pick it up, warts and all, since it's steamplay but I'm worried that it won't handle all the under the hood calculations. and i've just got this feeling that the game is probably ridiculously poorly optimized...

You have about 15 minutes to decide.

M.D

GetLoadedGo

Should have been up already, but I looked around a bit and it seems like it was slightly delayed

I saw post mentioned 2 Bethesda games for $15 including Dishonored

derExperte

That game. Played the demo when I was a kid, couldn't play for more than 5 minutes, it scared the shit out of me D:.

I was... 24? when it was released and I won't lie, could barely play that game during the night. Creepy. The pacing was excellent, not full out action, slow build up and those paintings. Sound effects/music were top notch too, one of the only major problems was a somewhat unbalanced difficulty.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=491849&highlight=ftl

Just in case no one else posted it yet.

LO20D82.jpg

Love the little touch of the surgeon holding the tools like a goofball.

Anyone knows how to delete "inventory"-items? I can delete all the DOTA2-gifts.
But I still have things I want to delete like my Air Mech Beta Invite, thats not valid anymore, since the game is live since half a year or so.

tjohn86

Anyone knows how to delete "inventory"-items? I can delete all the DOTA2-gifts.
But I still have things I want to delete like my Air Mech Beta Invite, thats not valid anymore, since the game is live since half a year or so.

create new account > trade invite to the new account?

derExperte

The free Pinball FX2 table (Sorcerer's Lair) is now available for everyone, just got the upate. Plus three new ones to buy (Paranormal, Civil War, Fantastic Four).

Grief.exe

I think I'm starting to understand Scrolls. It takes a while to fully grasp how to balance your deck versus all of the other deck combinations out there.

A lot of fun to play though, having a blast so far.

Looks like you can still buy GFWL DLC from within the game but I'm 190 spacebucks short of being able to buy Minerva's Den. I recall seeing it mentioned somewhere that Microsoft is just outright nuking these point values when they switch the Live stores over to actual dollars (?) so I'm not that entirely eager to acquire more spacebucks. Also there's the looming eventuality of Minerva's Den being released on Steam.

Vecks

The free Pinball FX2 table (Sorcerer's Lair) is now available for everyone, just got the upate. Plus three new ones to buy (Paranormal, Civil War, Fantastic Four).

Almost forgot about this. I'll probably give this a whirl. Haven't played any form of pinball in ages.

Macka

Get Loaded is tomorrow.

"Beloved Get Loaded fans. I have news. Get Loaded will start at 9 AM TOMORROW (BST). That's just over 13 HOURS away.

Thank you for your patience."

From their facebook page.

Cth

GetLoadedGo

Should have been up already, but I looked around a bit and it seems like it was slightly delayed

I saw post mentioned 2 Bethesda games for $15 including Dishonored

First time I've heard of the site.. is this a bundle or individual games on sale?

Saw someone mention the following games: Dishonored, The Darkness, Borderlands, Spec Ops: The Line, and others

Can somebody explain to me why Hotline Miami is so revered?

Every video I've checked out on the gameplay seems a bit unappealing to me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is going to seem weird, but, in the interest of actually being able to live up to my word, I need to draw a cut-off point... and, well, it's now.

Some time ago, I said this:

At first, I thought I'd just have some sort of fun activity-based giveaway, but later, since a kind GAFer gifted me Rage and I lacked the funds to respond in kind, I thought it'd be more fair if I simply offered a copy of the game (HL3 or its equivalent, not Rage) to those who'd gifted me something... but, as time passed, it dawned on me that differentiating between those who'd gifted me an item out of their own kindness versus those who'd, say, helped me avoid the Aussie Tax, would take forever, so I ultimately settled on just offering everyone who has ever gifted me something -- anything -- on Steam a copy of the game.

Recent inspection has lead me to discover that the list has grown to a number a little higher than I had expected, so I thought it best to draw the line now, lest I fall short of my intention.

To that end, if your GAF name or Steam name is on this list, congratulations, note it down somewhere that you don't have to worry about buying the next instalment of Half-Life... should it, well, actually materialise (alternative arrangements will be made should Valve shrivel up and die):

DJLae
JimmyRickard
Ly
Semblance
jaundicejuice
Wilflare
SalsaShark
Chesskid1
MRORANGE
Chris
DyslexicAlurcard
Namo1977
FoliorumViridum
Sarcasm
PrematureQuiche
kafiend
NaM
Gray Wolf
Detox
Snuggler
Xelios
Dingotech
DunderHassan
spindoctor

While I've made every effort to ensure I didn't skip anybody, if you feel you're missing from the list and can prove you've gifted me something (view your inventory, click "Pending gifts" and then "View gift history"), I'll double-check on my end and add you accordingly.

Merry Slap-me-in-the-face-if-HL3-skips-HL2s-10th-Anniversary-mas.

"Even when society collapses, and when the world needed Half-Life 3 the most...Gabe still didn't give us HL3."

[/QUOTE]

This is flippin hilarious. Love the hook and eye patch on Gaben.

[quote="PixyJunket, post: 65388026"]Can somebody explain to me why Hotline Miami is so revered?

Every video I've checked out on the gameplay seems a bit unappealing to me.[/QUOTE]

The music. Is fantastic.

Oh, and it's basically a game version of Drive.

Oneironaut

Neo Member

People enjoy it for pretty much the same reasons they enjoy Super Meat Boy or VVVVV. It's brutally difficult but makes restarting a level very painless(less than a second between dieing any starting over) so that you can keep going until you've finally managed to clear that level.

On top of that it has a nice atmosphere and soundtrack. The ending is supposed to be good from what I've heard, but I haven't beaten it yet.

It's tight but fits like a glove. I wish Tim Rogers would review of it.

Side note, I've been replaying Mirror's Edge recently with the Hotline Miami soundtrack and it has made me kind of want a first person Hotline Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom