• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Got Bioshock 1, Thank you!!.

(Should I play it as soon as possible or play System Shock 1 and 2 first?)

System Shock 1 isn't worth playing anymore.

The story between System Shock 2 and Bioshock 1 is completely separate. It doesn't matter which one you play first, but start with Bioshock 1 since you have that one.

Both are amazing games.

Nope. You can pick it up off xbox.com for $5.

You need to buy it from Xbox Marketplace.
Link: Minerva's Den

Wait a minute. Minerva's Den isn't on Steam is it?

It should be coming to Steam very soon.

The registry app is getting updated multiple times per day. I think they are trying to coincide Bioshock 2, Arkham Asylum, and Arkham City rereleases with the Summer sale.

Smash88

Banned
UM7RXpQ.png

It's confirmed July 11th. Prepare yourselves everyone!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hope Valve gives us a triple combo of sale, trading cards and a cheevo hunt. Getting those achievements was what got me back into steam and pc gaming.

I enjoy achievement hunts, but the CrimeCraft snowball achievement in the 2011 Winter Sale meta-game was terrible.

BorntoPlay

Ok, is time to try this, i hope someone liked.. =)

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Eets -- MB-82BD16AACA71B224 - Taken by Addnan

oipic

I enjoy achievement hunts, but the CrimeCraft snowball achievement in the 2011 Winter Sale meta-game was terrible.

So, so BAD that it was good, if you know what I mean - uninstalling that abomination after snaring the achievement was one of my happiest moments in gaming.

Would love some form of achievement-related metagame, but I doubt it'll happen, unfortunately.

My memory is shoddy - did the registry get spammed with achievement-related game updates prior to the previous hunt?

Salsa

I was gonna contact stump to have a modbot FAQ on the sales thread but I guess it's not really needed since there's no keys involved right

Voidguts

dude, that was nothing compared to the "Survive 20 Minutes While Listening to a Christmas Radio Station" achievement in Beat Hazard.. I still have nightmares - could only make it 15 minutes and refused to cheat it.

edit: LA MALUNA is getting cards? awwwwwwwwyearrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Knurek

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Toki Tori -- MB-E9FF53BE7A345572
RUSH -- MB-70748FA04C324B57
EDGE -- MB-FE668503A4E61A78

Humble Weekly, I had the games before, bought just for OSTs. Enjoy (and buy Toki Tori 2 when it comes out).

Nabs

dude, that was nothing compared to the "Survive 20 Minutes While Listening to a Christmas Radio Station" achievement in Beat Hazard.. I still have nightmares - could only make it 15 minutes and refused to cheat it.

edit: LA MALUNA is getting cards? awwwwwwwwyearrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Bieber for 15 minutes. 15. Minutes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I didn't and I'm fine! Consider your lesson learned. :p

giving is contagious

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Scratches -- MB-87E4216E9043CDDA - Taken by Addnan

Salsa

I've heard it's hard as nails, but is it a ridiculously high barrier to entry?

biggest enemy is yourself, dark souls style, in the sense that if you're patient and work on patterns and such, you'll be fine

game is cheap on purpose tho, so expect to just step on fake ledges and fall over spikes or whatever. It's not I wanna be the guy or anything like that, but there are signs with very loose clues on some of the stuff you need to do/how to do it and it's encouraged that you read and think about it. Just kinda watch your step and think about it stuff. Hard to compare to anything else.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Also should I buy the Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box because it's cheap and I remember enjoying the game even though I have it for 360 and don't play it anymore?

Also should I buy the Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box because it's cheap and I remember enjoying the game even though I have it for 360 and don't play it anymore?

Ultimate Box doesn't include Big Surf island and cops and robbers... EA didn't bother putting that DLC in the PC version. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom