• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've prepared for tomorrow by having this setup for my F5 key.

drinking-bird-works-o.gif

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
So 7th of the 11th of the year 2013 is <insert long drawn out random meth induced conspiracy ramblings> = Half Life 3. I'm so pumped.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
EA doesn't like to drop prices much because they think it "devalues" their IPs. Holding out hopes for a Just Cause 2-esque $5 blitz is futile...won't happen.

As I said on the previous page, it's $6 on the US store.

I'm not whether it was the Summer or the Winter Sale but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a huge list of the games that were going on sale just before the event.

Virtually everything goes on sale. There's not much to leak in that regard.

Nymerio

It's $6 on the US store. Ask a GAFer to help you out!

Oh thanks for the heads up!

Is a kind gaffer able to help me out here? I won't be able to get to my paypal data till evening though. Is there a way to transfer money from one steam wallet to another?

JaseC

Oh thanks for the heads up!

Is a kind gaffer able to help me out here? I won't be able to get to my paypal data till evening though. Is there a way to transfer money from one steam wallet to another?

Not directly. There's a roundabout method in that a person can buy something cheap (e.g. a crate) and relist it at the desired price.

So, what are the odds on Remember Me hitting sub-20 this sale? Not too good I'm assuming.

I wouldn't expect more than half off, especially considering the recent DMC discount of 40% (and that was ~four months after release).

La Mulana is great in some ways, but is also unfair, obtuse and tries its best to make you absolutely hate it.

The actiony parts aren't even the problem, it's that you will never solve most of the later puzzles yourself, unless you enjoy wandering around the entire map and trying every single item everywhere, since the game doesn't even give you hints.

I will still absolutely recommend it, but know what you're getting into.

Addnan

A little odd that there are still giveaways in the last few pages that haven't been claimed. If it was quote to reveal those things would have gone ages ago. I took a couple that I wanted long after they were posted. :D I waited lol, didn't want to take 2 or so too quickly.

Salsa

im still making the thread btw

someone just gonna have to move a post, talked it over with stump

also I dont think I can be banned now that im juniored cause I cant make ban-worthy stuff like a thread with "fuck" on the title

BURN

Really hoping that there are no flash deals or voting in place. Just want to get out of bed, complain about the deals and get on with my day.

JaseC

Really hoping that there are no flash deals or voting in place. Just want to get out of bed, complain about the deals and get on with my day.

I'm expecting TimeShift to appear as a Community's Choice candidate at 75% off, lose the poll, and never appear again. Just like Primordia did during last year's Winter Sale.

Grief.exe

I might just pick up Advent Rising this sale. It won't actually be discounted though.

Its no secret that Majesco is having some pretty serious financial issues. If they fold, who knows what could happen to the licence.

Everyone is going to vote for arkham asylum. Again and again

So frustrating how people just vote for the most popular games. Those games are going to be on sale multiple times, via multiple sources.

I guess its too much to ask for people to just vote for that obscure indie game.

Winter Sale Disappointed by being exactly what you'd expect.. Bunch of big name games being boring.. Really want to see some less popular games involved this time:

Hoping for a 66% off Zeno Clash 2, 2-pack

Discounts on Ms. 'Spolsion Man, Runner 2, and The Swapper, among others, would be shweeeet.

Fracas

#fuckonami
This is kind of related: is there a summer GAF bingo? I participated in the one this winter, hopefully there's another one. I love giving away stuff from steam sales. I got like 20 people to post twinkie the kid for a copy of The Witcher, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom