• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamfall

Correct.

t1373562000z4.png

Whoawesome. So it begins?!

I hope that BioShock 2 and the Arkham games are only the beginning of games having GFWL removed. I want these to be free of that atrocity as well:

Bulletstorm
Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition
DiRT 3
Dead Rising 2
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Iron Brigade
Lost Planet 2
Resident Evil 5
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Virtua Tennis 4
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II + Chaos Rising

I doubt it will happen for most though :/
Add Ace Combat to that list as well!

Arthea

So, it's a single-player MMO?

My first playthrough of New Vegas was ~170 hours, including all DLC, and I don't recall a single quest to kill 10 bears or collect 10 bear asses. You should play it sometime, it's probably Saoirse's favorite game.

*reminisces about Shadow Hearts Covenant*

New Vegas and KOTOR 2.

Shadow Hearts Covenant was really good, unfortunately third game is bad.
KOTOR2 was good too, I do slightly prefer KOTOR.
I'm not sure about new Vegas. I like original Fallout, and think that Fallout 3 was disaster, it killed Fallout for me, no isometric view, no dark humour, no style, headshots? that's no Fallout. You still think I should play New Vegas?

Rafy

That it does!

Edit: Playism has deleted its tweet confirming the Summer Sale start date. Somebody got into trouble, I'd wager. :p

Just like last year, somebody tweets it the day before it starts "not knowing" they can't, and it get's taken down.

Caerith

Shadow Hearts Covenant was really good, unfortunately third game is bad.
KOTOR2 was good too, I do slightly prefer KOTOR.
I'm not sure about new Vegas. I like original Fallout, and think that Fallout 3 was disaster, it killed Fallout for me, no isometric view, no dark humour, no style, headshots? that's no Fallout. You still think I should play New Vegas?
I strongly prefer KOTOR 2 over the first KOTOR, but, matters of taste.

Fallout 3 was made by some guys. New Vegas was made by the people who made the original Fallout. It doesn't have an isometric view, true, but it has humor and style and fantastic writing:

I think you should play it.

Tak3n

Banned
just a quick heads up guys

Nuuvem has

track mania valley and mortal kombat on sale

TMV is £11 or $15 MK is £15 or $20 (rough estimates)

metalshade

Fallout 3 was made by some guys. New Vegas was made by the people who made the original Fallout. It doesn't have an isometric view, true, but it has humor and style and fantastic writing:

I almost wanted to kill him, just to save him from the horrors of the waste, but I realised he was quite happy, and rather well protected by his heavily armed mannequins lol.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

At first glance I thought that the NPC had been modded in the visage of Bearded Gabe.

just a quick heads up guys

Nuuvem has

track mania valley and mortal kombat on sale

TMV is £11 or $15 MK is £15 or $20 (rough estimates)

For those interested in Mortal Kombat, Dunder is selling it for $17.50.

A bit of friend begging here. Please feel free to add me:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/cyanidefuse

I haven't posted here for a while due to being far too busy for my own liking.

A great time of year: the Steam sale and buying too many games and not enough time to play and the Ashes ( non UK / Australians can look it up ;) )

Edit: Thanks for the Neogaf group invite!

Caerith

Thanks, you convinced me, seeing as we do have somewhat similar tastes.
You'll enjoy it, I think. Just, because it is an Obsidian game, be sure to get a bug-fix patch. Mission Mojave is probably the most current/comprehensive (and doesn't change any of the actual content).

I'm actually looking forward to playing New Vegas again, but I told myself I wouldn't until my backlog dropped below 100.

Voidguts

sorry to jump on the add me train, but really - feel free to. my friends vs. years active is pretty shameful. I mostly lurk (due to keeping some pretty gnarly vampire hours) but I dig checking out what games people are getting super into + comparing achievements and all that good stuff. I also pop in SteamGAF chat from time to time, like a ghost.

I only buy games from the neogaf thread these days :D

Sonic Collection was an exception due to the absurd price glitch and I just bought that Corpse Trail game because I was feeling nostalgic. Otherwise it's been months.

As for the Corpse Trail game, I wish it was a bit more fully featured. The Stranger dialogue repeats far too often and the shooting just feels fucked. Very obviously made for a touch screen. Still, for 2.50 it's quite fun and I'll spend a few hours with it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
With Apogee releasing classic games onto Steam, who here would love to see an Apogee Adventure pack with the games:

Monster Bash
Cosmo's Comic Adventure
Hocus Pocus
Crystal Caverns

I sent them an email (info@apogeesoftware.com). Expressing my interest in a bundle like this. :D
Me. But I'd change Monster Bash for Wacky Wheels, and Crystal Caverns for Secret Agent.

I'd pay up to $10 (maybe $15 if I'm in a good mood) for that motherfucker of a bundle.

AndyBNV

Nvidia
Not a Steam key, but ModBot is the best way to distribute this stuff.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a UPlay key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Splinter Cell Conviction & Splinter Cell Blacklist: Digital Deluxe Edition (UPlay http://shop.ubi.com/NVIDIASCBL) -- MB-DE1F7D9D4643A4B4 - Taken by kafiend

Enjoy, Euro crowd.

Arthea

You'll enjoy it, I think. Just, because it is an Obsidian game, be sure to get a bug-fix patch. Mission Mojave is probably the most current/comprehensive (and doesn't change any of the actual content).

I'm actually looking forward to playing New Vegas again, but I told myself I wouldn't until my backlog dropped below 100.

Thanks again

Don't remind me backlog, pretty please! (><)

I actually bought New Vegas twice. First for PS3 before I had a gaming PC, then again recently when Get Games Go had that 2 Bethesda games for $15.

Still haven't played it though. Will get to it eventually, I'm sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom