• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I tried sending a gift to a friend and she doesnt see anything on her account. T_T

EDIT: Unfriend her and friend her back seemed to work >_>

javadots

Banned
3015062728_6b27f9a6ae.jpg

Oh my god...I....I'm a fanboy...I'm a fanboy of the fucking Alice series! What have I become!?

Zia

It's one of the best games ever. Don't listen to these others with their Assassin's Creeds and new-age Tomb Raiders lol. It's worth it trust me.

Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite things, I love the idea of Madness Returns and the game has some gorgeous moments, yet I still think it tastes like Toilet Duck farts.

Turfster

Man, A New Beginning - Final Cut is such a wasted opportunity.
I can forgive the insane puzzles, but really, if you're going to have voiced lines, don't fucking read them all with the wrong intonation and separately, as if you're reading off a grocery list.

Oh, and then there's the hamfisted eco-message.

Sigh.

I can't take more of this infantile stilted grammatically incorrect tripe, sorry.

Caved and bought a mystery card just in case, not going to have enough cards to craft a badge by tomorrow. Got one for 79 cents though, so if the prices don't take a nose dive when and if their purpose is revealed I should be able to just resell it for $1.

Vazra

Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite things, I love the idea of Madness Returns and the game has some gorgeous moments, yet I still think it tastes like Toilet Duck farts.

You licked the screen or the keyboard?

EDIT: How long does the summer sale last? 1 week?

Recall

Oh my god...I....I'm a fanboy...I'm a fanboy of the fucking Alice series! What have I become!?

Doesnt mean you have to be dismissive of others and their tastes.

Great for you, you like Alice. Others like Tomb Raider, some like both. It's not a personal competition, we all like video games we are not enemies.

Caerith

The only jackass here at the moment is you.
No no, I'm here too, I was just lurking.

And, Mr Butthurt? Stallion's opinion is generally considered a matter of empirical truth regarding this game. Alice: Madness Returns is often described as a great game dragged down by dragging everything out far, far too long. It's only really a fun game if you download the community patch that reduces every level to 40% of its length.
Note: there is no community patch that reduces every level to 40% of its length.

javadots

Banned
Doesnt mean you have to be dismissive of others and their tastes.

Great for you, you like Alice. Others like Tomb Raider, some like both. It's not a personal competition, we all like video games we are not enemies.

You put it as if it's WWIII. I'm alright geez.

Elratauru

Neo Member
Just added a few more bucks to my wallet just in case I'm needing them tomorrow. I have quite a few stuff to spend this month to get my car fixed so I'm starting to get really poor.

Got MK9 yesterday on Nuuvem, Dirt 3 and Borderlands 2 for about 20 dollars on GMG and so far I have all the complete Mystery Trading Card set.

So far so good I'd say, considering I have about 80+ dollars to spend on this sale.

javadots

Banned
No no, I'm here too, I was just lurking.

And, Mr Butthurt? Stallion's opinion is generally considered a matter of empirical truth regarding this game. Alice: Madness Returns is often described as a great game dragged down by dragging everything out far, far too long. It's only really a fun game if you download the community patch that reduces every level to 40% of its length.
Note: there is no community patch that reduces every level to 40% of its length.

The game that was way too long was Tomb Raider and Warhammer Space Marine. Those games were way too long on account that they were balls.

1337Sauce

Haven't really been following these mystery cards, but do you guys think it would be wise to purchase at least one for now? Would anybody care to briefly explain any of the hype around them? I read a couple posts up about them possibly being related to the summer sale, but are there any other ideas (Half-Life 3 LOL?)

Vazra

The game that was way too long was Tomb Raider and Warhammer Space Marine. Those games were way too long on account that they were balls.

You should slow it down man. Everyone will have different opinions on the games and it will be reflected doesnt make em more or less than you. You are not looking good in here and I tell you this like someone who liked Alice. You are being extremely defensive over something that doesnt needs to be defended. These are videogames which you shouldn't be acting like you are behaving right now. Calm down cause that behavior might be getting you banned. SLOW DOWN and enjoy the ride.

Caerith

Haven't really been following these mystery cards, but do you guys think it would be wise to purchase at least one for now? Would anybody care to briefly explain any of the hype around them? I read a couple posts up about them possibly being related to the summer sale, but are there any other ideas (Half-Life 3 LOL?)
Any explanation that takes less than 21.5 hours to tell you is pure speculation. Ask again tomorrow at 10am PDT.

KarmaCow

The mystery cards have been updated over time to resemble some background art from the Summer Sale a while back. There also seem to be 10 unique card types that can only be identified by looking at their hidden ID tags, meaning there is probably a set like other cards. Along with the cryptic description urging people to hold onto them, people think it will be involved in the new meta game for the Summer Sale.

So people are just speculating that cards might be this year's tickets or coal, though no one really knows.

Uiki

The main theory as today is that it's a community effort to build a lego airplane for jasec. #truthfact

nexen

Aww, but I wanted to see a meltdown. Had my popcorn and everything and then javadots started to be so reasonable. No fun.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Great, now we're talking about garbage energy drinks. Steam thread is all about yerba mate, guys, get on topic.

Grief.exe

I'll be working 7-12am then no sleep due the hype. Being a summer sale virgin sucks
KuGsj.gif

My first summer sale ended up being pretty expensive.

I tried to get all of my favorite games in my PC library so I could play them at any time.

Now, I pretty much have everything I want, so I just look for those newer games that I have interest in. Which is few and far between.

smr00

Banned
Great, now we're talking about garbage energy drinks. Steam thread is all about yerba mate, guys, get on topic.
Technically you are the one going OT, he was referring to the summer sale which is Steam discussion, he just happened to mention he was on his fourth drink.

Back ON-Topic. Is there any way of making text bigger in steam? Namely the chat text because at 1080p on my TV i can't read shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom