• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Bad Day In LA was his best game.

Troll Post?
KuGsj.gif

ht01

As a lurker who has posted very occasionally posted two things.

I enjoyed Alice, and can one of you kind souls post the link to the modbot guide as I fancy giving something away tomorrow when I'm at my gaming pc.

I also fancy more GAFfers as friends on steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/hunterturtle

Thanks (I know that's three things :)

nexen

Not sure if ModBot or Steam sale is bringing out all these new names.

edit: I wish SpicyHorse would have remade Undying instead of Alice.

sibarraz

Banned
Sent you a friend request on your Steam Profile, my nickname is the same as here.
Nice to see some dedicated people on here, pirateguay.

I always thought that paraguay was pirateguay

Not for nothing, the psone pirated games that were released here were named after that country

Zia

I don't think I'd want to revisit it, but my favorite American McGee game is Scrapland. Which, you know, isn't actually an American McGee game.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Regional pricing. Sometimes it works in Non-Americans' favor, most of the time it doesn't.*

Russia excluded.

Metalmarc

Ok i want to buy burnout paradise but i see in smallprint ea state will gather data for in game advertising? Wtf is that im not so up on my pc gaming, sounds a bit dodgy

The art direction in Alice: Madness Returns is fantastic and I love the little nod to Psychonauts that's hidden in the game, but I think the game is too long and as a platformer it's pretty average. Worth going through once.

The_Monk

Only some of them activate on steam as far as I know. You're talking about those games in the 2-3€ price range, right? I guess i'll bite Zeno Clash. :)

Some of them activate, others don't. Those that don't activate are those that we've seen in those indie bundles but the others who activate on Steam were on different shelves. I've some from 5€ to 19.99€. ;)

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
The art direction in Alice: Madness Returns is fantastic and I love the little nod to Psychonauts that's hidden in the game, but I think the game is too long and as a platformer it's pretty average. Worth going through once.

JaseC would say: Good Art ™.

javadots

Banned
So the email associated with my Steam account was closed ;_;
And I forgot my password ;_; x2
Now I have to wait until I get Steam Support ;_; x1000

Grief.exe

Undying

So Good.

What? What I do wrong?

Nothing, I was just kidding.

Really bad timing.

Salsa

Alice is great and is one of those games I suddenly stopped playing when something else came out. I was very close to the end, should finish it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
God I'm so depressed right now, I reset my steam password yesterday and now I can't purchase/sell items on the marketplace. I really wanted to buy some cards to craft badges for mystery cards too. Hell maybe even speculate on the mystery card market a bit. Only going up imo now that the sale has been anounced.

This sucks real bad for both of you, but I can't contain myself.

What is this, Amateur Hour? "Hey, there's only one day until the sale, let's change EVERYTHING ABOUT MY ACCOUNT on the day before the sale goes up, nothing's gonna go wrong!"

I got myself locked out of a Steam Sale for 2 days once, because I tried buying something in a region with information from another region, so I know how much it sucks, but cmon now...

ht01

That is just the worst timing.

But, you could get round it for the sale by setting up a second account and buying anything you wanted as a gift. Then when support get back to you and you can log in, gift away.

I think I'm right in saying that will work, but wait for some of the steam vets here to confirm :)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I got a computer that can actually run recent games last week so I'll be a regular resident of the thread. Modbot also sweetens the thread.

Grief.exe

That is just the worst timing.

But, you could get round it for the sale by setting up a second account and buying anything you wanted as a gift. Then when support get back to you and you can log in, gift away.

I think I'm right in saying that will work, but wait for some of the steam vets here to confirm :)

That would work just fine.

Or you could have a friend buy the games for you and gift when you get your account back.

Elratauru

Neo Member
I always thought that paraguay was pirateguay

Not for nothing, the psone pirated games that were released here were named after that country

Yeah, maybe they are more than us when it comes to that. Still, it's pretty meh to go to supermarkets and see pirated games on display cases, right in front of you. You can always get original games, though the physical discs are totally overpriced as Gamestop has a monopoly when it comes to them. Like, want a Pokemon game for GameBoyAdvance? Then you are screwed for 100-110 dollars.

And that's why Steam, PSN and XBL are so magical~ International prices :D!

Shit, why did I miss all the fun today? :(

Not just that, we have 2 Uruguayans on topic (me included :O!)

Besides that, leaving my Steam Profile as everybody is doing it:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/elratauru/

Feel free to add me!

Uiki

This sucks real bad for both of you, but I can't contain myself.

What is this, Amateur Hour? "Hey, there's only one day until the sale, let's change EVERYTHING ABOUT MY ACCOUNT on the day before the sale goes up, nothing's gonna go wrong!"

I got myself locked out of a Steam Sale for 2 days once, because I tried buying something in a region with information from another region, so I know how much it sucks, but cmon now...

I turned off steamguard to login on the website because I never got the email with the damn code and I was in a hurry.

Now i can't use the market for 15 days >_<

The_Monk

Hope they are fast. There was one time that I requested a ticket and they took some time to answer.

They did even apologize for answering late but when they did, the problem was solved.

For the record my problem was that I gave a game in gift form to a fellow GAFfer but it was taking waaay too much time than expected for the game appear as a gift to him. It was strange.

Some of them activate, others don't. Those that don't activate are those that we've seen in those indie bundles but the others who activate on Steam were on different shelves. I've some from 5&#8364; to 19.99&#8364;. ;)
Besides Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon and I Am Alive for 15&#8364; each, what other good games have you seen?

Edit: This is offtopic, so it should be better if you reply me through PM.

nexen

Ahhh.. there it is. Starting to get hyped for tomorrow. Was starting to get worried that I might finally be dead inside.

STEAM SAAAAAAALE

Salsa

Yeah, maybe they are more than us when it comes to that. Still, it's pretty meh to go to supermarkets and see pirated games on display cases, right in front of you. You can always get original games, though the physical discs are totally overpriced as Gamestop has a monopoly when it comes to them. Like, want a Pokemon game for GameBoyAdvance? Then you are screwed for 100-110 dollars.

And that's why Steam, PSN and XBL are so magical~ International prices :D!

I made a thread about that shit 3 years ago

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399503

images are dead since they're on tinypic but here's one rehosted:

lol

having a DS was hard

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Ok i want to buy burnout paradise but i see in smallprint ea state will gather data for in game advertising? Wtf is that im not so up on my pc gaming, sounds a bit dodgy

Means they'll look at your computer, see that you have a Nvidia Geforce 450 and make an in-game advertisement for a Nvidia Geforce 560, 2 years ago.

Today? Means shit, because whatever 3 contracts they signed up back then will keep repeating forever. Probably and Axe advertisement and a Battlefield 3 advertisement on repeat forever.

Hofmann

Kinda off topic, but is there a way to change GAF email? Finished university long time ago and they finally closed my account.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Did The Showdown Effect get a new demo? The demo is in the top 100 now on Steam Stats. But it was originally just an empty level with no bots or people to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom