• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

catabarez

Technically you are the one going OT, he was referring to the summer sale which is Steam discussion, he just happened to mention he was on his fourth drink.

Back ON-Topic. Is there any way of making text bigger in steam? Namely the chat text because at 1080p on my TV i can't read shit.

Morningbus getting schooled.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
mate anyone?

220px-Club_mate_logo.svg.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
My first summer sale ended up being pretty expensive.

I tried to get all of my favorite games in my PC library so I could play them at any time.

Now, I pretty much have everything I want, so I just look for those newer games that I have interest in. Which is few and far between.

I got 90 bucks (got alice for me since I had the Ps3 version and gifted a copy to a friend)

Hope some big priced games drop to 10 or less

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Technically you are the one going OT, he was referring to the summer sale which is Steam discussion, he just happened to mention he was on his fourth drink.

Back ON-Topic. Is there any way of making text bigger in steam? Namely the chat text because at 1080p on my TV i can't read shit.

Do you have any other tips for a newbie like me? I just started posting in here so I could keep sniping keys.

Expectations for this summer sale: the same as the other ones. Only buy digital only stuff.

Exception made for the Gothic series. If there's a good deal on a series bundle, I'll probably bite.

Elratauru

Neo Member

The 1080p TV thing... maybe using the Big Screen Mode thingy? Works pretty good on a TV and it's even better with a 360 controller. Hell, It's a way better interface than most of the current gen consoles out there actually.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I genuinely can't think of anything I want in the Steam Summer Sales, nothing that I'm waiting for anyway.

Of course I'll end up spending loads regardless, I'm just not sure on what yet......

My Batman Arkham City save files keep getting deleted...Anyone know whats up with this? Is this a known issue?

It's called GFWL being an utter piece of fucking shit. The sooner they switch that shit off the better.

smr00

Banned
The 1080p TV thing... maybe using the Big Screen Mode thingy? Works pretty good on a TV and it's even better with a 360 controller. Hell, It's a way better interface than most of the current gen consoles out there actually.
I like having it in it's normal mode for multitasking but i found a way to increase text size via editing. I am bumping everything to font size 18.

My Batman Arkham City save files keep getting deleted...Anyone know whats up with this? Is this a known issue?
Cloud saves or hard saves?

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Stop re-creating your Games for Windows Live profile (as in, the actual files it creates when you install it for the first time) every time you reinstall windows.

Just copy it.

Dingotech

I genuinely can't think of anything I want in the Steam Summer Sales, nothing that I'm waiting for anyway.

Of course I'll end up spending loads regardless, I'm just not sure on what yet......

Haha same here, I've randomly added stuff to my wishlist over the last few weeks, but it's not as though I'm desperate for anything to play.

smr00

Banned
Thankfully I have no interest in those whatsoever or I'd be broke by now :p
Don't worry, Gabe will implement some sort of crazy rewards program that will pretty much force people who don't care about the card system to start caring about it.

Gabe WILL have all your money.

The_Monk

Expectations for this summer sale: the same as the other ones. Only buy digital only stuff.

Exception made for the Gothic series. If there's a good deal on a series bundle, I'll probably bite.

Hey Cyber! Have you been on Fnac lately? Some discount PC games in there. Figure it could interest you since you collect them in physical form!

derExperte

Is javadots American McGee or what is going on? Dude, I really like most of your stuff and defended the first Alice against anyone who thought the j'n'r aspect was rubbish. Dat level design. And I liked Madness Returns, it looks great, story starts promising and the gameplay isn't bad, everything just overstays it's welcome. It was always great to see a new enviroment and I loved that Alice changes her clothes but then the level goes on and on and on while nothing new happens, the fights are always exactly the same for example, not enough enemy variety.

And what's up with the boss fights? Or to be more precise the fights that aren't there? I remember at the end of an early chapter everything looked like there's gonna be a boss but I just got a cutscene. Strange.

sibarraz

Banned
Can't get more official than that.

PD: Un saludo al Enzo.

El principe?

It's funny, when I went to uruguay, everybody and their mothers had a thermo with mate, in Argentina is the same.

Back on topic, I still don't know if will be a good idea to buy the last 4 mystery cards today, in order to complete the collection

Hey Cyber! Have you been on Fnac lately? Some discount PC games in there. Figure it could interest you since you collect them in physical form!
Only some of them activate on steam as far as I know. You're talking about those games in the 2-3€ price range, right? I guess i'll bite Zeno Clash. :)

javadots

Banned
Is javadots American McGee or what is going on? Dude, I really like most of your stuff and defended the first Alice against anyone who thought the j'n'r aspect was rubbish. Dat level design. And I liked Madness Returns, it looks great and the gameplay isn't bad, everything just overstays it's welcome. It was always great to see a new enviroment and I loved that Alice changes her clothes but then the level goes on and on and on while nothing new happens, the fights are always exactly the same for example, not enough enemy variety.

And what's up with the boss fights? Or to be more precise the fights that aren't there? I remember at the end of an early chapter everything looked like there's gonna be a boss but I just got a cutscene. Strange.

What can I tell you, I am enthralled by the environment and atmosphere in A:MR.

Alice Madness Returns is one of my favorite games ever. Definitely top 5.

It has some shortcomings, but nothing (and I really mean nothing) tops its art style and environments. If you're on the fence at all, I can't recommend it enough.

Elratauru

Neo Member
no fuck you im the only one here this club is EXCLUSIVE

havent seen X05 around in a while but he's also from here

Sent you a friend request on your Steam Profile, my nickname is the same as here.
Nice to see some dedicated people on here, pirateguay.

On topic, Alice Madness Returns is amazingly fun, even if it's a little long, it totally captures the previous game essence but with way better graphics. Also, the bossfights that weren't there, it's just for comic relief. It's grim, and a nice sequel when it comes to story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom