• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
You gotta be nice to new PC gamers, it's not their fault. :p
To be clear, I'm not arguing for elitism with this information. The info is disseminated on literally every page of a Summer Sale in bold red letters.

I think it just might be time to let these earthlings figure it out themselves; to stumble, to fail, and one day join us in the sun.

The_Monk

who do you think was modbot's previous human form

iOlhpK5dBR3ja.gif

PLOT TWIST.

Also, is there a Timer App/thing for the Sale-starting fellow GAFfers? I know it's starting soon I just like to refresh it and see that countdown. What a RUSH.

kafiend

To be clear, I'm not arguing for elitism with this information. The info is disseminated on literally every page of a Summer Sale in bold red letters.

I think it just might be time to let these earthlings figure it out themselves; to stumble, to fail, and one day join us in the sun.

Yeah there needs to be a standard non-engage mode, Maybe a standard response of "Read the FUCKING OP you useless shit brained waste of skin"?

Or maybe something harsher what do you think? Too soft?

Volotaire

Gotta admit, they are big bold letters. Hard to miss!

ht01

fuUzL0d.png

Keep it simple

Sorry for the size. I've gone through one steam sale and I picked this up quick.
I sent this to the two people I've converted to pc gaming just to make sure they know the rules.

Shamelessly nicked from reddit.

javadots

Banned
fuUzL0d.png

Keep it simple

Sorry for the size. I've gone through one steam sale and I picked this up quick.
I sent this to the two people I've converted to pc gaming just to make sure they know the rules.

Shamelessly nicked from reddit.

Good flow chart.

Slyjss

Certain amount of time? Flash Sale doesn't mean like 5, 10 minutes right?

And where do we vote?
More like 8 hours or so. Every six hours there are new Flash Deals, but the old ones stay for two more hours. Connecting 2 or 3 times a day will let you see all the deals.

Usually the flash deals last 6-8-12 hours or something like that.

You can vote with the mobile app.

Which is going to be key since I will be away at a wedding Fri-Sun.
Oh great. I'm going to be on the road Saturday to Monday and then be on vacation for two weeks. So at least the Flash Sales last a few hours, not minutes

Is it even going to be possible to buy anything in the few first hours tomorrow? So many people on the page at the same time, I can see the store crashing a few times.

That's what happened when The Last of Us demo was released on PSN. Network crashed cause so many people were trying to download at the same time

Slyjss

Oh great. I'm going to be on the road Saturday to Monday and then be on vacation for two weeks. So at least the Flash Sales last a few hours, not minutes

Is it even going to be possible to buy anything in the few first hours tomorrow? So many people on the page at the same time, I can see the store crashing a few times.

That's what happened when The Last of Us demo was released on PSN. Network crashed cause so many people were trying to download at the same time

YOU MUST HAVE FAITH IN GABEN

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The community has a choice between 3 games they want on sale. Most votes wins.

Voting lasts a couple hours.
Golden rule: the game you want NEVER wins. And if by chance it does, it's because you already owned it and voted for it anyway because why not.

So yeah, you may complain here all you want, cry and threaten Gabe with deleting Steam and moving to Origin. The game you want will still keep not winning.

MikeDown

Banned
I want to buy some stuff, but I don't know what. PoP 2008 is something i'm eyeballing, along w/ Sanctum 2 DLC though don't know what else to get. Someone help me please

Caerith

Having a DS is hard right now. Good games are so rare and hard to find its crazy.

It makes no sense that one of the most popular handhelds of all time is so difficult to find games for.
Yeah, with DS games you pretty much need to buy them day one or not at all. Atlus even lampshaded this in one of their newsletters a while back:
I haven't gotten a 3DS yet-- I'm still working on the best Alice game-- but I'm glad Nintendo has finally heard of this digital download thing.

right now no but I plan to have a system for modbot broadcasting unused codes after a period of time.
Stump, could ModBot get a hybrid "karma" flag to restrict people who have won previous entries unless they are previous givers? I figure the NOWINNERS flag is mostly there to prevent moochers (ie, lurkers with 5+ posts) from walking away with everything, but previous givers are at least giving back so it'd be nice to make a way for them to be exempt from that restriction.

He added that Caerith if this is what you're talking about:

GIVERSONLY
This will restrict the giveaway to previous givers only. After beta testing, there may be a recency check to prevent someone from giving away one useless thing and moving on

After carefully reading your post again, it doesn't seem like you are, move along.

Caerith

He added that Caerith if this is what you're talking about:

GIVERSONLY
This will restrict the giveaway to previous givers only. After beta testing, there may be a recency check to prevent someone from giving away one useless thing and moving on
I mean a hybrid of GIVERSONLY and NOWINNERS. Like, NOWINNERSunlesstheyarealsoGIVERS.

After carefully rereading your post, moving along ^^

dex3108

I have interesting question:

Did Steam become a new Valve game? We have gameplay (collecting cards and items, crafting badges), economy (Steam Market), perks (backgrounds and emoticons), only thing that missing is real story.

Copons

Is Steam become a new Valve game? We have gameplay (collecting cards and items, crafting badges), economy (Steam Market), perks (backgrounds and emoticons), only thing that missing is real story.

Missing a story?

Just try to read the last 150 pages of this thread (the last couple of days), and you'll find a more compelling story than any other Valve game.

Slyjss

Did Steam become a new Valve game? We have gameplay (collecting cards and items, crafting badges), economy (Steam Market), perks (backgrounds and emoticons), only thing that missing is real story.

If we consider ARGs the "story"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom