• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennah

this is how this year's sales end

iKXXqIAnsaJs1.gif

Love that there are still somehow 4 games on the wishlist.

I have interesting question:

Did Steam become a new Valve game? We have gameplay (collecting cards and items, crafting badges), economy (Steam Market), perks (backgrounds and emoticons), only thing that missing is real story.

We create the history buying games on sales, waiting for summer sale arrive, idleing in games just to get cards sell it om the market and buy more games. It's emergent narrative, just wait for the day Gaben will release Steam Simulator based in all the data he gathered all this years.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Awww, so no new cards today? Easy sign that they must be swarmed by all the pre-sale activity!

Or they're swamped getting everything ready for tomorrow's big reveal: EVERY game on Steam now has cards!

(j/k) (or am I?)

Keep it simple

Sorry for the size. I've gone through one steam sale and I picked this up quick.
I sent this to the two people I've converted to pc gaming just to make sure they know the rules.

Missing a rule.

"That looks like a pricing error, should I grab it?" Yes.

So I finally played Mount and Blade Warband.

Tried the demo and it is awesome. I love the mouse based directional combat. It's at the top of my Wishlist now. Hub based open ended RPG, with huge battles, that I can actually run smoothly? Yeah, that's my kind of game

Is the Napoleonic Wars expanison worth getting? It seems so different from the other M&Bs (guns, artillery, etc)

So I finally played Mount and Blade Warband.

Tried the demo and it is awesome. I love the mouse based directional combat. It's at the top of my Wishlist now. Hub based open ended RPG, with huge battles, that I can actually run smoothly? Yeah, that's my kind of game

Is the Napoleonic Wars expanison worth getting? It seems so different from the other M&Bs (guns, artillery, etc)

If a good sale comes up, I'm finally buying Warband

If a good sale comes up, I'm finally buying Warband
And I'll actually be interested in MP. So if the sales are good, we could join up or something. Is there M&B Neogaf group?

How are RTS elements in the game? In the trailers and reviews, it said you can commandeer battles and be a general

catabarez

Let's go ahead and test this out:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sonic CD -- MB-5D2B9E8D0BC13F7E - Taken by xrayregime

Elratauru

Neo Member
I made a thread about that shit 3 years ago

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399503

images are dead since they're on tinypic but here's one rehosted:

lol

having a DS was hard

Hahaha you tell me that, I both a 3DS and a Vita. Thanks god for Digital Downloads.

Pretty awesome. May have a few more keys to giveaway.

Edit: Would some Origin keys be alright to giveaway?

Origin is cool to me right now, I was a little shy at first but then I got me with the Command and Conquers and Mass Effects and Need For Speeds and Battlefields and... Man, EA published so many good games.

catabarez

Hahaha you tell me that, I both a 3DS and a Vita. Thanks god for Digital Downloads.

Origin is cool to me right now, I was a little shy at first but then I got me with the Command and Conquers and Mass Effects and Need For Speeds and Battlefields and... Man, EA published so many good games.

I guess that's all I needed :p Will post a couple.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Huge TF2 update, Dota 2 release and test clients for Mac and Linux, Steam Summer sale...

Valve why are you trying to crash your own client?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Since I have nothing better to do and you guys are awesome:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

STORM Frontline Nation -- MB-BA7C8D5F17EE41A0 - Taken by nexen
Penny Arcade Rain Slick 3 -- MB-E82DEC87B1A37AB5 - Taken by Buttonbasher
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-40C2C841E69BEC58
SEGA Genesis Classics Series 4 -- MB-105F80CFA30A053E - Taken by Baron von Loathsome
Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War -- MB-AD2BC49412628AFF - Taken by Frank Jaeger
The Maw -- MB-AE60009615148B42 - Taken by DeadlyVirus

catabarez

Here you go

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-4D0D3B9D2E1C2CF7 - Taken by Garteal
Bulletstorm (Origin) -- MB-B2EEB3BFC096FA48 - Taken by javadots

Slyjss

Hey jshackles, I just installed Enhanced Steam and it's great! Is there an option to put the prices in Euros? It's the only thing I would add, the rest is fantastic.

Darkroronoa

So no trading cards today,i hope tommorow will be a glorious day for trading cards

There will be no Summer Sale tomorrow.

When the store updates, there will be only video whose thumbnail displays an orange lambda and number 3.

I think that if a had the choice of summer sale or half life 3 i would choose half life 3.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Pretty awesome. May have a few more keys to giveaway.

Edit: Would some Origin keys be alright to giveaway?

I think for the sake of preventing confusion, just make sure the key is clearly marked as Origin.

Edit: oh. Already done and claimed. Still, good example for anyone else in the future.

I had to do a couple gifs for work and its been a while

Don't worry: after the T2 gifs, who here could hope to stand and challenge you? These creatures are but ants with tiny moralities.

Copons

Damn you Baron von Loathsome! You won just because I was about to paste the Crayon Physhics line insteand of the Genesis collection one!

UNTIL NEXT TIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom