• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the Summer Sale, is every game discounted? Or only some?

I got the impression that only some go on sale, but some of the comments in this thread imply that people are waiting to see how much certain games are discounted, not if they discounted.

Only thing we know is that a lot is going to be discounted.
Personally, I'm hoping to Torchlight 2, Terraria, Skyrim: Legendary, Crusader Kings 2 and Civ V

Grief.exe

What? I'm sorry geez. Fine I'll take it ;_;

No, you should give it back and allow it to be given away again.

Do not take games unless you really want them. The only thing you are doing is taking away a game that someone might really want to play.

That is why it really pisses us off.

I got the impression that only some go on sale, but some of the comments in this thread imply that people are waiting to see how much certain games are discounted, not if they discounted.

Just be patient, all will be explained in the OP.

What you are probably referring to is the difference between general discounts, daily deals, and flash sales.

Once the Summer sale starts, everything in the library will be discounted, except for a few exceptions.

Daily Deals and Flash sales create even larger discounts than what is normally available. But they are only available for a limited time.

That is why people are always saying wait for the daily deals.

javadots

Banned
ibrL5oyfSWDNBq.gif

The reason why the reaction may seem a bit more pointed than what is warranted is that we literally just went through all this yesterday

I wasn't here yesterday I apologize guys. I don't mean any harm.

No, you should give it back and allow it to be given away again.

Do not take games unless you really want them. The only thing you are doing is taking away a game that someone might really want to play.

That is why it really pisses us off.

Just be patient, all will be explained in the OP.

What you are probably referring to is the difference between general discounts, daily deals, and flash sales.

Once the Summer sale starts, everything in the library will be discounted, except for a few exceptions.

Daily Deals and Flash sales create even larger discounts than what is normally available. But they are only available for a limited time.

That is why people are always saying wait for the daily deals.
Be patient? While waiting for my first Steam Sale ever during my first time as a PC gamer? Not likely, I'm counting down the hours

No, not all the games are discounted. A huge amount of the catalogue is though, we are talking of like 90% of the catalogue or some crazy thing like that. All that stuff gets at least a 25%.

I'm kind of worried of this sale with the teaser image showing only 50%. I'm mentally preparing for pretty lackluster deals, loads of 50% and 66%, 75% on the games that have always been 75% (Dungeon Defenders, Magicka and most of the HIB titles come to my mind) with few things in between.

I'm hoping to pick up the Doom and Quake games. Hoping the Bloodrayne games will also go on sale this time around.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
We could add a line to the ModBot boilerplate that reads "Please, for the love of god either claim only what you personally want to play or keep your intentions with the key to your damned self."

Slyjss

Is McPixel any fun?

If you like silly humor, it's fun as hell. It's like cutting puzzles from several graphic adventures and tying them up with a timer and no context at all. One of my favourite games of last year. A bit short, but I enjoyed every minute.

Grief.exe

Hoping the Bloodrayne games will also go on sale this time around.

I doubt it.

Majesco doesn't discount their games for some reason. I personally want to see Advent Rising go on sale, but it never does.

I might just pick it up since Majesco is pretty close to folding and who knows what will happen to the licence.

As penance, I will give away some keys. Sound good?

That is what the guy who made the same mistake yesterday did.

Everyone should nab Dredmore and McPixel, really fun games. I need to play more Dredmore, my progress got erased in a hard drive failure so I got put off.

I doubt it.

Majesco doesn't discount their games for some reason. I personally want to see Advent Rising go on sale, but it never does.

I might just pick it up since Majesco is pretty close to folding and who knows what will happen to the licence.

I didn't even know Majesco was still around anymore. I thought they'd be long since dead.

On another note, I really hope Kingdoms of Amalur goes on sale. I missed that sale a couple of months ago.

Grief.exe

At what time do these Steam summer sales usually start the day they are supposed to begin? Is it 12 noon, or 12 midnight, or random?

10 am pacific, Steam always updates at that time.

I didn't even know Majesco was still around anymore. I thought they'd be long since dead.

On another note, I really hope Kingdoms of Amalur goes on sale. I missed that sale a couple of months ago.

They only make mobile games now, but they are probably going to go bankrupt soon.

Smiles Davis

Neo Member
Dungeons of Dredmor cards are going to go nuts on the Market. Its been bundled, so cards will be plentiful and cheap. Since you only need 6 cards, for little investment you could craft a mystery (possibly foil) card.

I'm not consistent enough in this thread to fully know whats going on but holy shit I don't want any part of it. Just please let there be a sale tomorrow Gabe.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey jshackles, I just installed Enhanced Steam and it's great! Is there an option to put the prices in Euros? It's the only thing I would add, the rest is fantastic.

On the options page under "Show Price History Information" you can set your region to either EU1 or EU2.

EU1: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Netherlands, Sweden or Switzerland

EU2: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, the Vatican City, Estonia, Latvia or Lithuania.

Once set, your price history info should reflect your local regional pricing.

Have you even had offers to be bought out for your steam extension? Or something of the sort.

Every so often someone comes along and wants to "help me monetize" or whatever. I basically tell them to fuck themselves.

There is a 0% chance of Enhanced Steam "falling into the wrong hands" as it's been released open-source under GNU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom