• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
We really need to talk to the admins about how previous pages can't be searched or read.
To be honest, the thread is moving a little too fast lately. I used to read every single post, even when by some reason I was like 6 or 7 pages behind. But these last few weeks it's been like that pretty much every day, so I tend to only skim the last 2 or 3.

We could add a line to the ModBot boilerplate that reads "Please, for the love of god either claim only what you personally want to play or keep your intentions with the key to your damned self."
This can't be stressed enough. A little bit of common sense, people!

Turfster

Half of my things on the market are okay, half of them are unlisted "Steam" items in the list.
And the downtime killed my savegame in Dredmor, apparently. It keeps crashing on load now...

HoosTrax

Every so often someone comes along and wants to "help me monetize" or whatever. I basically tell them to fuck themselves.
Haha sounds like exactly the type of thing Amazon Tony would try to do.

And in fact they did do it with [H]ard|Forum, which is now an unbearable mess of Newegg link-hijackings that force you to view a page with a redirect to Amazon.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I set it to EU2, but the prices are USA (Alice is 4.99 $ instead of 14.99 €). =/

BTW, the spanish translation is a bit of a mess. I had to switch back to english because I didn't understand what was going on on my own language. I'll be happy to help in my free time if you want.

Are you browsing the US store? The only thing Enhanced Steam does with pricing has to do with the current lowest or historical lowest pricing it adds above the actual price. Is that still in $?

And yeah sorry for the bad Spanish translation - if you'd like to help feel free to drop me a line at contact@enhancedsteam.com

Copons

I set it to EU2, but the prices are USA (Alice is 4.99 $ instead of 14.99 €). =/

BTW, the spanish translation is a bit of a mess. I had to switch back to english because I didn't understand what was going on on my own language. I'll be happy to help in my free time if you want.

EU2 here too.

I see the correct price on Alice (12.49€ either in homepage and in game page).
But when in game page, in the lowest price box, it uses $ instead of €.
Or at least I think it's just a matter of wrong symbol, as the values seems legit: lowest price $12.49 (same as current deal) / all time low $9.99.

Slyjss

Are you browsing the US store? The only thing Enhanced Steam does with pricing has to do with the current lowest or historical lowest pricing it adds above the actual price. Is that still in $?

And yeah sorry for the bad Spanish translation - if you'd like to help feel free to drop me a line at contact@enhancedsteam.com

I don't think so, the price was in € before I installed ES. I'll try to fix it tomorrow morning. I'll also contact you about the translation.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Man you guys were right about the EU2 region - totally a bug. I'll push out a fix soon, thanks for the heads up!

Copons

Guess I'll give Double Fine another chance then! Maybe this will be a Double Fine game I like (to play). Brutal Legend kind of started boring me, the RTS stuff is just meh, shame since the world is great and I was enjoying the writing

Psychonauts is one of the best 3D platforms ever (and just to be clear, I'm totally on the same page on Brutal Legend... awesome world and story, awful RTS sections).

Saw this on Cracked. An apt description of our condition post-Summer Sale

#4. Impulse Gaming

I have done it: I have broken 100 games in my personal Steam collection.

How did I find so much time to game when I work a beyond-full-time day job and write books in my off hours, all while balancing a relationship and a social life? Simple!

I don't play them.

Well, that's not entirely fair. I have played perhaps 75 of those 100. It's just that, of those 75, I have only played about 50 for more than 10 minutes at a stretch. Of the 25 I haven't played at all, I knew, even at the time of purchase, that I was never going to play them.

It's not the same thing as link hoarding: I wasn't collecting them because I thought I might need them later. It's because they were only $3! $7! Only $10 for the whole collection, marked down from fucking $600! At that price, my brain says, you would be stupid not to buy this thing that you don't want and will never use!

This wouldn't be a problem if I were less picky or had more free time -- I might end up exploring some properties that I otherwise would never check out. But that's not the case: I have strict requirements for a game, and if even one of them isn't met, I will never play that game again. If it launches some bullshit third party thing -- Uplay or Rockstar Social Club, for example -- ye shall be banished from my gaming kingdom forevermore. If a game doesn't support independent audio controls, blasting out of my speakers at full volume every time I start it up -- I will never play it again. If a game doesn't support a controller (I know, I know, I'm one of those bastard console/PC hybrid gamers -- but son of a bitch, I spend two-thirds of my life in front of a computer, I'd like to at least sit in front of a differently shaped one in my down time), I will never play it again. If it turns out to have been published by EA, I will never play it again.

You'd think, considering my insane list of prerequisites, that I would ensure that a game meets them before purchasing. And I'm usually pretty good about my due diligence. Unless the game is discounted 90 percent or more. That's the magical number. If your game is a meager 85 percent off, you'd better meet my crazy demands or I'll start executing hostages. If it's 91 percent off, I will buy whatever crap you throw at me on pure muscle memory, and then shove it in a virtual closet like a digital NordicFlex, never to be seen again.

Goddamn, it's impossible to try to sell the cards when they are launched. The prices fall so fast, that most just wait for it to stabilize to actually buy it :p

LET'S GO STEAM
v9jbT.gif

Dredmor is great fun if you are a fan of rogue-likes and want something that is a little more user-friendly. I put 35 hours into it before I moved on but I tend to enjoy rogue-likes a great deal. As for the achievements, it has 120-something so I would consider that insane just by volume.
Thanks. I've always been on the fence about it for some reason.

Turfster

Goddamn, it's impossible to try to sell the cards when they are launched. The prices fall so fast, that most just wait for it to stabilize to actually buy it :p

Back in the beta, it was possible to get some money for rare games.
Now that they've opened it to everyone... yeah, no.

jshackles

Alright guys pushed out an Enhanced Steam update 3.9.1 - those having problems with the EU2 region let me know if this fixes the issue.

Also if you guys haven't already, can you go here and leave feedback for Enhanced Steam? The more people that leave good feedback the higher exposure the plugin gets. Thanks!

derExperte

Only 11.000 people on the Ion Assault leaderboard, which is a shame. Fun twin stick shooter with a twist (the shooting mechanic works different than usual).

jshackles

*patiently awaits the flood of ModBot giveaways*

Copons

Alright guys pushed out an Enhanced Steam update 3.9.1 - those having problems with the EU2 region let me know if this fixes the issue.

Also if you guys haven't already, can you go here and leave feedback for Enhanced Steam? The more people that leave good feedback the higher exposure the plugin gets. Thanks!

I need to relaunch Chrome to enable the update?
Because right now if I check on the Alice page, in the low price box, it still shows the dollar symbol.

jshackles

I need to relaunch Chrome to enable the update?
Because right now if I check on the Alice page, in the low price box, it still shows the dollar symbol.

Restarting Chrome should do it, you can also go to your extensions page and press "Update Extensions Now".

It might also take a little bit - since there are so many users of Enhanced Steam now, Google can't push it out automatically any more. They tell me it takes about 60 minutes now for the update to be pushed to everyone.

EDIT: The version you're looking for is 3.9.1

Copons

Restarting Chrome should do it, you can also go to your extensions page and press "Update Extensions Now".

It might also take a little bit - since there are so many users of Enhanced Steam now, Google can't push it out automatically any more. They tell me it takes about 60 minutes now for the update to be pushed to everyone.

EDIT: The version you're looking for is 3.9.1

Followed your advice: I'm on 3.9.1 and everything seems fine! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom