• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Dredmore cards have fallen so fast, might as well use them to craft them since there are only 6.

That happens every time.

The supply outstrips the demand since people won't buy until they have all of their cards dropped.

The race to the bottom ensues, everyone undercutting while practically no one is buying.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Meat Boy Plus Lone Survivor Plus Braid -- MB-CA308318C9A4BC29 - Taken by Hawkie
Atom Zombie Smasher -- MB-95B848C74DF7E5A1
Humble Indie Bundle 3 -- MB-8D17E44FE245548C - Taken by Volotaire
Humble Indie bundle 2 -- MB-9A4832A7EC25AA98 - Taken by Ogedai_Khan
Cortex Command -- MB-220775730FCE0354
NightSky -- MB-A8495C3762F17CCF
Binding of Isaac Plus Wrath of the Lamb DLC -- MB-1737D5FDCE3A4F2D - Taken by Darkroronoa

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Sorry about that folks, it was a problem dealing with PMs that had key giveaways but had a non-standard format. The code is fixed and the backlog is being cleared. I suspect some of you spammed the shit out of him when you didn't get immediate replies. In return, you will get the shit spammed out of you. Enjoy.

.... card time?

om1B2Vm.gif

Tenrius

I learned the following two things today thanks to the cards:

a) There is a game called Ion Assault.
b) I own it on Steam.

Well, the more you know.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Sorry about that folks, it was a problem dealing with PMs that had key giveaways but had a non-standard format. The code is fixed and the backlog is being cleared. I suspect some of you spammed the shit out of him when you didn't get immediate replies. In return, you will get the shit spammed out of you. Enjoy.
I sent a PM twice because I thought the bot hated me and I got an error message back, but still with encrypt key. Can I still copy and paste the errored message?

Error: The key you tried to add for Mystery Game #1 failed because it was already added to ModBot for an earlier giveaway. It is listed as being a key for walking dead and has the secure key (encrypt key here)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's like Christmas man. The worst part is buying something on Monday and seeing it part of an even better deal on Thursday. Sigh. Such is life.

So it's actually more like... Hannukah?

This Bulletstorm game is wicked sick! Lol you could shoot people in the crotch and get a reaction.
I love the Flailgun. Nothing's more satisfying than slicing through six guys in a single shot

Like Hotline Miami and Spec Ops, Bulletstorm is actually an introspective metaphor about the link between player enjoyment and game violence.

Seriously

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
When they add new games with cards this is all I can think about now:

"I'm going to have to go through and add 4-7 new profile backgrounds to the Enhanced Steam database for each game."

For those of you that don't already know, Enhanced Steam will let you choose whatever profile background you want without having it in your inventory. It'll show up on your profile to other Enhanced Steam users.

Tenrius

I recommend actually playing it for a few minutes.

Perhaps I will, when I'm done idling in Dungeons of Dredmor (which I did play for a while and even had installed). Ion Assault looks good, too.

Actually, I'm usually aware of what I have on Steam, but this game was seemingly a part of some indie bundle and I just never realised I even had it.

It's like Christmas man. The worst part is buying something on Monday and seeing it part of an even better deal on Thursday. Sigh. Such is life.

That's why during these kinds of sales you wait to see if a game has a special deal (dailies, flash sales) before buying. If it never has a special sale, buy it on the last day as the Summer sale is ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom