• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I sent a PM twice because I thought the bot hated me and I got an error message back, but still with encrypt key. Can I still copy and paste the errored message?

Yeah you can copy and paste it, I suspect what happened is that it added the first time properly and then the second time added and got mad at you for re-adding a key from before. Sorry about that.

Ezra2680

MOAR

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Maw (1) -- MB-6D395AAE6C3F68D0 - Taken by xenoflux2113
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-76949F8F7CF1D028 - Taken by scorpscarx
The Maw (3) -- MB-44D8CFD5E4D966C3 - Taken by Knurek
The Maw (2) -- MB-31D2B5C30415A5A6 - Taken by Kifimbo
Foreign Legion Buckets of Blood -- MB-3A87157C308B3BC1 - Taken by The_Monk

See? That's how it feels like to play a fun game and not that Alice stuff.
j/k, but only a little

Heyyyyyyyyyy... I like Bulletstorm as much as the next guy, but don't you disparage my girl.

tumblr_mlzaalnZZw1s4wq70o1_500.gif

She doesn't like to be disparaged.

Is there a way to check if a game has had a special sale before?

Enhanced Steam is pretty cool.

The_Monk

Salsa you should get a full time jog for Gif-Summer-Sale reactions.

EDIT: Thank you kind fellow GAFfer Ezra2680!

And thank you kind people buying my cards. They took less than 5 seconds to sell, guess I should sell them more expensive, hmmm.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Well I'll try it again with a new game

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Retrovirus -- MB-5811A859A948775E - Taken by Ezra2680

r3n4ud

And here we go...

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Sonic Franchise -- MB-D2D3E8BC4D5FA9EE - Taken by bronson

Caerith

To be honest, the thread is moving a little too fast lately. I used to read every single post, even when by some reason I was like 6 or 7 pages behind. But these last few weeks it's been like that pretty much every day, so I tend to only skim the last 2 or 3.
This is true, but we have so many people asking questions that have been answered so many times that I wonder what goes through people's heads when posting.
  • "Everyone's talking about ModBot and using it to make giveaways, so it has probably never been explained before and I bet nobody's thought to ask about it."
  • "I bet nobody on NeoGAF has even heard of reddit, so I'll post this large, highly visible screencap that even a cursory glance at the last 5 pages would show has been posted 10 times already."
  • "The thread title says not to ask, but I'm a special snowflake so nobody will mind me asking."
  • "I doubt the question of 'is it okay to act like a dick' has come up, so it's probably okay for me to act like a dick."

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Ok giving out stuff like this is addicting. Here's one last code

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.

The Swapper -- MB-83D1970B9592ACCF - Taken by RibbedHero

Nabs

If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Painful.

Cth

Sorry about that folks, it was a problem dealing with PMs that had key giveaways but had a non-standard format. The code is fixed and the backlog is being cleared. I suspect some of you spammed the shit out of him when you didn't get immediate replies. In return, you will get the shit spammed out of you. Enjoy.

Thanks as always for all the hard work put into this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom