• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me if Half Life 2 is plug and play with the Xbox wired controller? Reading conflicting answers when I google it.

I don't want to go to the hassle of downloading it if I can't just stick in a pad and play it.

Oh and I have problems with my left hand so can't use keyboard and mouse, before anyone shouts at me for wanting to use a controller. Thanks.

Therion

So I just bought myself a level 5 Dredmor badge, then put all the backgrounds and emoticons back up for sale. Sold two things and already more than made my money back. Crazy times.

Can anyone tell me if Half Life 2 is plug and play with the Xbox wired controller? Reading conflicting answers when I google it.

I don't want to go to the hassle of downloading it if I can't just stick in a pad and play it.

Oh and I have problems with my left hand so can't use keyboard and mouse, before anyone shouts at me for wanting to use a controller. Thanks.
It works well. You have to enable use gamepad in options iirc

javadots

Banned

Why are you using a con- Oh okay.

Yes, it works without any configuration.

Works just fine with a gamepad.

The_Monk

Ok fellow GAFfers, the little few cards I put on sale were all sold in less than 2 seconds, really.

How can people be that fast? Do they just refresh the Newly listed all the time?

MikeDown

Banned

I want to say it does, but it has been a while since I played it.

derExperte

Right? people are undercutting prizes by so much, it's insane.

The ten cheapest prices of my Ion Assault card ranged from 2,30€ to 30Cent. Which is stupid, why undercut that much? The people who want to upgrade their account level will buy them en masse anyway right after release, they don't care. So I listed mine for 90Cent and it's already gone.

catabarez

Last Origin key bros

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Burnout Paradise -- MB-606AA3EF554217D0 - Taken by Madrugador

TheD

The Detective
How long does the "Who Posted?" page take to update?
It is still showing what I had before I made a post 12 hours ago.

Edit: Umm, the "Who Posted" page linked in the OP is for the old thread, is it meant to be like that?

Digoman

So, is Modbot still accepting steam gift urls? Or is there a more official solution now?

And this thread moves way to fast. Went away for a few hours and it adds 5 pages.

lmpaler

That's why during these kinds of sales you wait to see if a game has a special deal (dailies, flash sales) before buying. If it never has a special sale, buy it on the last day as the Summer sale is ending.

Valid point.

Thinking on it though I really have no idea what I will want to buy. I am sure I will see something that I have to get, but nothing sticks out at me right now. Damn backlog

I drew a silly MS Paint comic for a website but I thought SteamGAF might maybe enjoy it a little possibly.

022.png

r3n4ud

So... which issue? Did you send the entire url? Well, I did manage to send two gifts earlier, so I'm probably going to risk it (of course, since it's the last good gift I have, something will probably go wrong).

Ah crap! Wasn't aware I had to send the entire url. I sent just the key :/

Such a tool...

Thanks for the info!

Gbraga

There's no way preorders will be discounted during the summer sale, right? I want to preorder The Raven and Shadowrun Returns, but I really don't wanna regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom