• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thieve

Neo Member
There doesn't happen to be a site that shows at current market value how much it costs to complete each badge, does there?

Digoman

So... to celebrate my very first Foil (only took 50+ drops of Dota2 plus all the others games to get it, hehe), here is a very good game. Now to decide to sell it now or wait...

It's supposed to be a steam gift url. So any problems please let know. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

XCOM Enemy Unknown -- MB-EF21B829E282F6F4 - Taken by CB3

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
There's no way preorders will be discounted during the summer sale, right? I want to preorder The Raven and Shadowrun Returns, but I really don't wanna regret it.
Why can't you wait till the Seal is over, in any case? It's not like they are going to run out of keys.

Exuro

Well let's see if this works.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Toki Tori -- MB-ED114B4D51A937C1
Capsized -- MB-ACD04579314D5E59
English Country Tune -- MB-B472360F69400C68
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl -- MB-CDDF9D53ACBA1ACB - Taken by Zia
Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-7B390FB89BBD1B9E - Taken by Gvaz
Serious Sam Double D -- MB-5DE6C73CE4B46610 - Taken by friedeggs
Intrusion 2 -- MB-EEAF576601DBF78F

Dambrosi

Banned
So many cool giveaways. I'd post, but, like most lurkers, I don't have anything to say.

So, uh...Summer Sale is tomorrow, huh? Is that confirmed?

Gilby

I tried for the XCOM one, I already have a copy of the others. Intrusion 2 is surprisingly impressive from a tech standpoint BTW.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
So... to celebrate my very first Foil (only took 50+ drops of Dota2 plus all the others games to get it, hehe), here is a very good game. Now to decide to sell it now or wait...

I got it! The URL worked fine. Thanks a bunch friend.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Missed this by far, but I still wanna thank you for the giveaway.

Hawkie

Inventory/Market:

inconq.png

Badge Progress:

incons.png

So I made a dumb mistake earlier, thinking that I was missing Penny Arcade 3, not 4. I PM'd Stump, and got the key put back into the system, but I wanted to apologize for the error to you folks, and Jshackles. It all worked out, as I was meaning to do a Modbot giveaway anyway, but as a word of caution for these things and the upcoming sale: Familiarize yourself with the games you own!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Dear Esther -- MB-48429F3E461763D2 - Taken by Cloudius12
NightSky -- MB-503691D38FF6E606 - Taken by javadots
Penny Arcade 3 -- MB-E82DEC87B1A37AB5 - Taken by PixyJunket

Terra_Ex

So many cool giveaways. I'd post, but, like most lurkers, I don't have anything to say.

So, uh...Summer Sale is tomorrow, huh? Is that confirmed?

You'll be able to ditch your lurker status easily by repeatedly posting how excited/disappointed you are with Gabe's daily offerings when the sale starts.

So I made a dumb mistake earlier, thinking that I was missing Penny Arcade 3, not 4. I PM'd Stump, and got the key put back into the system, but I wanted to apologize for the error to you folks, and Jshackles. It all worked out, as I was meaning to do a Modbot giveaway anyway, but as a word of caution for these things and the upcoming sale: Familiarize yourself with the games you own!

Thanks for Dear Esther!

Smiles Davis

Neo Member
There doesn't happen to be a site that shows at current market value how much it costs to complete each badge, does there?

I don't know a site that tracks it, but for awhile TF2 has been the cheapest I noticed (9 cards @ 0.20 each). Unless something drastic happens, Dungeon of Dredmor seems that it will match that or be lower (6 cards @ $0.30 currently and could drop more). Approx 1.80 for a badge. If you sold Mystery Cards, emoticons and backgrounds, you could probably knock that down to about $0.75 per badge.

Everything else is over $2 per badge.

Ezra2680

Oh, really? In that case, the juniors in this thread might appreciate a little friendly advice before rushing into the breach...
1372701038623.jpg

Otherwise, remember to actually play your purchases and have fun.

What? Pretty sure it's better to just buy everything that goes on sale and deal with the consequences and regret later.

Thieve

Neo Member
I don't know a site that tracks it, but for awhile TF2 has been the cheapest I noticed (9 cards @ 0.20 each). Unless something drastic happens, Dungeon of Dredmor seems that it will match that or be lower (6 cards @ $0.30 currently and could drop more). Approx 1.80 for a badge. If you sold Mystery Cards, emoticons and backgrounds, you could probably knock that down to about $0.75 per badge.

Everything else is over $2 per badge.

Yeah, I think Dungeons of Dredmor is what I'mma go with (especially since I can earn half of it). I just wanted to have a deck ready before the Steam sale in case there's an achievement for the metagame for crafting a badge during the Steam sale.

smr00

Banned
Wait.. You play games on Steam? I thought you just collected games. Like Pokemon, you gotta get em all.

Do bears shit?

But yes. DoD is an extremely old school roguelike with dozens of skills to mish-mash together. They all are ridiculous (such as Mathemagics and Vegan), but they all are useful.
Hmm. I will pick it up if it's on sale.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, really? In that case, the juniors in this thread might appreciate a little friendly advice before rushing into the breach...
1372701038623.jpg

Otherwise, remember to actually play your purchases and - above all - have fun.
Only the first rule is true. The others are fake, and I urge all of you to disregard them.

1372701038623.jpg

Otherwise, remember to actually play your purchases and - above all - have fun.

I always chuckle when I see stuff like this, but it's actually pretty useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom