• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
I thought I had tested this before, but apparently not. With a new computer and nice fresh hard drive, I can only download...one game at a time on Steam? D: I realize it probably works out to the same amount of time, but it just FEELS annoying not to get them in parallel. If I try to resume anything, everything autosuspends.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
this is how this year's sales end

iKXXqIAnsaJs1.gif

I like the way you think!

haha! great thread title. now think up a new one

2013 Steam Summer Sale thread of stop reading this and buy games already

I thought I had tested this before, but apparently not. With a new computer and nice fresh hard drive, I can only download...one game at a time on Steam? D: I realize it probably works out to the same amount of time, but it just FEELS annoying not to get them in parallel. If I try to resume anything, everything autosuspends.

I don't I've ever had Steam download more than one game at once. Maybe it used to, but I don't remember

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
well you just ruined the summer sale thread title I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY
Hahaha I'm dying over here. I can totally picture you coming up with that title and being really proud of that, only to then have some extremely handsome, clever and awesome guy post here and unintentionally ruin it.

I'm the amazing guy, btw

I'd dare to guess that it's related to Steampipe. Yesterday I was able to download Half-Life 1, Source and its expansions all at the same time.

TheDuke56

Neo Member

I know it used to do multiples at once, but I was downloading 8+ games the other day and it did one at a time, so maybe they changed it some time recently? But I can confirm one game at a time here.

JaseC

Yeah, at this stage SteamPipe doesn't allow concurrent downloads. No skin off my nose considering I sync at ~7Mbit on a good day, but I can certainly understand why it would bother those with particularly fast connections.

Joe Molotov

fuUzL0d.png

Keep it simple

Sorry for the size. I've gone through one steam sale and I picked this up quick.
I sent this to the two people I've converted to pc gaming just to make sure they know the rules.

Shamelessly nicked from reddit.

All you people are forgetting the Bethesda Exception:
If the price of a game seems unrealistically low: BUY IMMEDIATELY!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
What is "Community Choice" and "Flash Sale"?

Also, Sonic Hits Collection for 7.49 was my best ever purchase on Steam. How often do accidents like that happen?

Exuro

Also, Sonic Hits Collection for 7.49 was my best ever purchase on Steam. How often do accidents like that happen?
Flash sales are short sales ie hours at a time. They happen in groups a few times a day. Community Choice is a sale where the community votes one 1 of 3 or so games to get a sale. Most sales are repeating though, so if you missed a community choice sale there's a chance it'll still be a daily or flash deal.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

No idea. Last time I remember was when last Winter Sale ended, and right before the encore sales went up, Sleeping Dogs was discounted 90% or so, along with most DLC. That was a fantastic purchase I made.

I haven't played it yet. I may do so after picking up Year of the Snake, or maybe not.

JaseC

Edit: I thought it did allow multiples? Could have sworn it did for me the other day when I queued up my entire library on my new laptop.

Games delivered via the old CDS can be downloaded concurrently, and they don't affect SteamPipe downloads (e.g. you could be downloading three games that are on the CDS and also a game on SteamPipe).

Flash sales are short sale ie hours at a time. Community Choice is a sale where the community votes one 1 of 3 or so games to get a sale. Most sales are repeating though, so if you missed a community choice sale there's a chance it'll still be a daily or flash deal.

Everyone will vote for Arkham Asylum. Again. And AGAIN

FloatOn

I've been a fan of dungeons of dredmor since back in the day when it didn't have cards.

/videogamehipster

but seriously guys this is a great rogue-like and you should actually play it.

Veal

So what's going on with Castlevania? It's in the demo section, the title says "demo version", and it was apparently released June 5th, yet you can't download it. It's killing me.

Everyone will vote for Arkham Asylum. Again. And AGAIN

Hopefully we see Arkham Asylum, Bioshock and Skyrim 20% off go up against each other. They are the holy trinity of "FFS who is voting for them?".

What are you guys using to make your gifs?

Photoshop.

So what's going on with Castlevania? It's in the demo section, the title says "demo version", and it was apparently released June 5th, yet you can't download it. It's killing me.

They fucked up. It is coming at some stage, probably end of August.

JaseC

Hopefully we see Arkham Asylum, Bioshock and Skyrim 20% off go up against each other. They are the holy trinity of "FFS who is voting for them?".

TimeShift will go up at 75% off, lose the vote, and never return. Much like Primordia did back in December.

It was an error. I think the dev mentioned that the demo is coming out closer to the game's launch in August.

I would actually like to see that

Hellix

I get a foil and everyone is rushing to the bottom. Instead of staying in the $6-10 range, loads of people go and put their card for $1-2.

jondabomb

Can't wait for this summer sale to start, I just go my first gaming pc a couple weeks ago and want to get a bunch of games to play/sit in my backlog

Exuro

I get a foil and everyone is rushing to the bottom. Instead of staying in the $6-10 range, loads of people go and put their card for $1-2.
I was lucky to get my Federation foil card in soon enough to sell it for $5 when a few minutes later they dropped to $1. :D

Okay what's the difference between Arma Combat Operations, Arma Cold War Assault, and Arma Gold Edition? And which is the best?

Because I can run Arma Armed Assault, which is part of Arma Gold, so I'm very excited.

Blizzard

Banned
I see way back people were talking about mate. I recommend Smothered Mate for people who don't know Chilly Gonzales.

Good luck in the sale everyone. Don't buy everything the first day.

JaseC

Okay what's the difference between Arma Combat Operations, Arma Cold War Assault, and Arma Gold Edition? And which is the best?

Because I can run Arma Armed Assault, which is part of Arma Gold, so I'm very excited.

Combat Operations is the sequel to Operation Flashpoint; Cold War Assault is actually just Operation Flashpoint and its expansion; and Arma Gold is a bundle containing both the Arma: Armed Assault and its expansion.

Confusing, I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom