• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay what's the difference between Arma Combat Operations, Arma Cold War Assault, and Arma Gold Edition? And which is the best?

Because I can run Arma Armed Assault, which is part of Arma Gold, so I'm very excited.

Arma Cold War Assault is the new name for the original Operation Flashpoint

Arma Combat Operations is another name for Arma 1: Armed Assault

Arma Gold contains Arma 1 and it's expansion Queen's Gambit.

Combat Operations contains Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, and is required for the DayZ mod (though it's going standalone soon);

That would be Combined Operations.

Prepare your PM beams, another Steam gift incoming:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Killing Floor Bundle -- MB-4636A6A7885CAC39 - Taken by Stephen_drewz

See you tomorrow for the sale!

Stitch

Gold Member
lol, I WON'T BE ABLE TO PLAY THAT GAME if I turn that stuff off. Ugh, fuck this game.
Mouse and keyboard should still work. Maybe you don't need to deactivate all HID devices. Just turn some off and see if the framerate is still crap.

It definitely works. I had to do this too. Kane & Lynch has the same bug and Ninja Blade too.

This is the only Arma thing you should be concerned with.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/224580/

Practice up before the standalone hits.

Of course, playing DayZ is the one thing I'd love to do, more than anything else. But my specs can't run Arma 2. Only the Arma games I listed and I like slow paced tactical combat

Arma Cold War Assault is the new name for the original Operation Flashpoint

Arma Combat Operations is another name for Arma 1: Armed Assault

Arma Gold contains Arma 1 and it's expansion Queen's Gambit.

That would be Combined Operations.
So Arma Gold is the one to get

v0rtikal

just a heads up fellas...

First of all, my birthday is on July 20 so mark those calendars, add me on Steam and fill those requests of mine. ;D

Second of all, prepare those (F5) for my first and humble give away.. lurkers excluded, all the rest apply to be the winner! 4 more minutes!

Waves is probably the best twin-stick shooter on Steam.

Mark it for your wishlist for the summer sale, the developer needs the sales.

He's making a sequel that is a co-op twin-stick shooter rogue-like.

just a heads up fellas...

First of all, my birthday is on July 20 so mark those calendars, add me on Steam and fill those requests of mine. ;D

Second of all, prepare those (F5) for my first and humble give away.. lurkers excluded, all the rest apply to be the winner! 4 more minutes!
First time I've seen someone give a heads up. Exciting!

Sounds intriguing. I'll check it out. I'm in the mood for a twin-stick shooter

Yeah, you caught me pre-edit. ;) See, confusing!

Operation Flashpoint (a.k.a. Cold War Assault) was a great game back in its day, but I'm not sure how gracefully it's aged.
So which is better? Arma Gold or Operation Flashpoint? Cause it seems like Arma is as popular as ever, with 3 coming in Q3, while OF is...not

Sysgen

Agreed but Mutant Storm: Reloaded is also great. Try it if you haven't.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So which is better? Arma Gold or Operation Flashpoint? Cause it seems like Arma is as popular as ever, with 3 coming in Q3, while OF is...not

You're asking the wrong person. :p I've never so much as installed an Arma game.

Edit:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Toki Tori -- MB-FA8F70766ADDF021 - Taken by -Cade
Rush -- MB-03AAC4442422F2A5 - Taken by Kipp
Edge -- MB-A02D407906C5121E - Taken by Deadbeat

Firehead

There was a program that allowed you to add it to your Steam library and it'd choose a game from you library and launch it. Anyone remember it? It was posted in one of the other topics a couple years or so ago.
Thought it'd help me decide on what game to play next.

v0rtikal

Here we go, enjoy and good luck!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Borderlands 2 Season Pass -- MB-407BA93806EBD2C8 - Taken by dave is ok

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Got the 6 profile backgrounds from McPixel and the 5 from Dungeons of Dredmor put into Enhanced Steam.

Not too many of the others have shown up on the marketplace yet...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There was a program that allowed you to add it to your Steam library and it'd choose a game from you library and launch it. Anyone remember it? It was posted in one of the other topics a couple years or so ago.
Thought it'd help me decide on what game to play next.

I believe you're thinking of this.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Okay, I had to make a few policy decisions before tomorrow, so, here it is:
- This thread is near enough to the end of its rope that I will not reopen it after the summer sale, we'll move to a new thread. GRIEF or whoever is handling the next post-summer thread, please be aware of this--and if it's not GRIEF, can you guys sort it out among yourselves? Not sure who talks to who or whatever, but just sort it out.

- ModBot's lurker requirement: It will qualify you if you posted 5 times in either this thread or the new thread. It doesn't sum the two together because of the way it's programmed. So basically that's my way of saying if you don't qualify now, you'll have to qualify in the new thread, but if you qualify now you'll be grandfathered in.

You're asking the wrong person. :p I've never so much as installed an Arma game.

Edit:
Got it.

Anyone? Arma Gold or Operation Flashpoint? Cause I only need one miltary tactical shooter

Okay, I had to make a few policy decisions before tomorrow, so, here it is:
- This thread is near enough to the end of its rope that I will not reopen it after the summer sale, we'll move to a new thread. GRIEF or whoever is handling the next post-summer thread, please be aware of this--and if it's not GRIEF, can you guys sort it out among yourselves? Not sure who talks to who or whatever, but just sort it out.

- ModBot's lurker requirement: It will qualify you if you posted 5 times in either this thread or the new thread. It doesn't sum the two together because of the way it's programmed. So basically that's my way of saying if you don't qualify now, you'll have to qualify in the new thread, but if you qualify now you'll be grandfathered in.
There's a new thread! Or it's not up yet?

mbmonk

Of course, playing DayZ is the one thing I'd love to do, more than anything else. But my specs can't run Arma 2. Only the Arma games I listed and I like slow paced tactical combat

So Arma Gold is the one to get

today for the first time I was able to run arma 2 smooth at 1080p. I just upgraded to 4gb of ram.... I am such a baller. I was on winxp until a couple of days ago :)

I am playing operation arrowhead now. love me some buggy ass arma single playa :)

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Hmm. Still haven't received my code for Rush. Is that normal? I knew I'd screw up somehow with ModBot D:

Ostinatto

i just bought Alice MR, the game art is beautiful, too bad is framelocked at 30 fps, the gameplay is ok, a little repetitive but ok. this game is definitely on my "best five dollars i've ever spent" videogame list.

Dingotech

I think I'm just as excited about seeing what the Meta game associated with the sales is Vs the games actually on sale!

I mean obviously it will tie in with cards, etc, but how!

didamangi

Tried to giveaway these mediocre to poor game keys earlier via modbot but I think I put too much rules on it and I can't submit it again to modbot, so:

Galactic Arms Race
iBomber Defense Pacific
Multiwinia + Uplink
Zombie Pirates
Party of Sin
Vegas Make it Big
Miner Wars Arena
Capsized
Memento Mori
EU III Chronicles Collection
Galactic Civilizations I Ultimate Edition
Tiny and Big in Granpda's Leftovers

1 key per person, first to PM gets the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom