• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

That's a good point, I didn't even put two and two together with the midweek ending early.

Yep, everyone in this thread knew sales were coming the moment midweek went up. That email only went live much later, yet a lot of people/sites only use the email as proof.

Is that email even confirmed as legit?

So Arma Gold seems like the best choice. It's much newer and comes with the expansion.

I was reading some reviews and a common negative was the bugs. Has that been fixed in updates?

And can we share and play created missions in the editor?

You might be better to make a thread about the game. I'm sure there would be experts on neogaf that could help you with all those questions.

So my Steam Inventory, not TF2 or Portal, they're still there, has completely disappeared since that outage earlier today. Tried restarting and f5ed it into the ground, that's a new one. Maybe it's time to clear the good old blob.

So Arma Gold seems like the best choice. It's much newer and comes with the expansion.

I was reading some reviews and a common negative was the bugs. Has that been fixed in updates?

And can we share and play created missions in the editor?

unless you really really want to play day z just get the arma 3 beta since arma gold feels old as shit even for a 2009 game

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I only played the first little bit, but it's was really good so far. I hate hate hate the color scheme though....so desaturated. I'm glad more modern games are embracing color again.

I had to go back to FTL cause I'm addicted, but I'll get more into it later tonight or tomorrow.
You know, this is the first time I see someone complaining about the color scheme. I've read many complaints against the repetitive level settings (even though I don't share them I can see where they are coming from, since mostly you have
construction site, office building and high-tech building/facility
). But desaturated colors are new to me, to be honest.

Not saying you're wrong, not at all, just that the game's color palette never crossed my mind. Glad to hear you liked the game anyway!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Half-Life 2 cards are finally hovering around the lower-30c ballpark. Hopefully they'll have dropped into the 20c range after the Summer Sale.

I'm actually resorting to buying the cards off the market instead of trading for it now. What happened to me? :(

I just crafted a level 5 Isaac badge, no :poop: dropped. I am sad. I really wanted :poop:.

I hope the :poop: prices go down, so i can finally get one.

Stop laughing.

Something wonderful.

graywolf323

figured why not, so here are some keys from past Humble Bundles I've been sitting on

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP (second copy) -- MB-87B4226DFC484D6A - Taken by scorpscarx
Organ Trail -- MB-20A72E5A3B38716F - Taken by Emerson
World of Goo, Anomaly, Osmos, and EDGE -- MB-1E6958C2185CBB39 - Taken by 73V3N
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-6EC10E2CB65ED084 - Taken by Kinky John
Dungeon Defenders Plus All DLC (at the time of Humble Bundle w/ Android 5 at least) -- MB-471AE01513563DD9 - Taken by Madrugador
Waking Mars -- MB-67EC26327D6C9431 - Taken by Dmax3901

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Played my first few sessions of Deus Ex today! Mild, unmarked spoilers for the very first level.

I wasn't really sold on the game after the tutorial, but I'm starting to see what makes this game appealing now that I'm deeper into the first level and finally getting into the swing of things. I don't even think I used the password I was given by the undercover agent at the docks; instead I climbed a bunch of crates I found stacked up by one of the walls, then found an observation deck with gas traps that I turned against the guards there. Pretty fun and flexible stuff—I don't know if lobbing crates of TNT to disable alarms is the easiest way to complete my objectives, but it's pretty cool.

I gave Gunther my pistol to see what that would do (surprise: it took away my pistol!) and now I have to get to the top of the tower using stealth, LAMs, and other such things at my disposal. I also set on of the turrets up to attack enemies, which I'm guessing turns it back on the terrorists... I don't really understand why you'd set up a turret to attack allies. Should I go back and change it?

Anyway, this is a cool game with some cheesy voice acting and AI that's a little on the blind side. Can't wait to see what happens as things get more intricate.
First time playing it? You're in for a hell of a ride then! Fantastic game, my LTTP 2013 GOTY so far.

That first level was truly magical, and totally sold me on the game. I hadn't enjoyed a game so much ever since... well, ever since Arkham Asylum, which I had played a couple of weeks before. But yeah, it's a timeless classic which I regret not playing when it came out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_buffering#Triple_buffering

Essentially means the game won't drop to 30FPS every time it can't maintain 60FPS while still eliminating screen tearing, plus it sometimes reduces the input lag caused vsync.
Thank you, I'll read this when I'm less tired and able to learn new stuff. Saved this link on an Opera note.

Row

Banned
downloaded brave new world, listed in library when I view dlc, din't seem to install though and when I boot up civ5 it isn't there as a result

any way to force an install or something?

JaseC

Never bothered to see what the cards where about....after looking it up, has anyone actually won a game from crafting the cards?

You don't earn games from crafting badges. Until recently, you received:

- 100 XP
- An emoticon and profile background based on the game in question
- A discount coupon

Now, though, Mystery Cards have replaced the coupons. But perhaps the Mystery Cards will spit out free games!

Cth

I'm actually resorting to buying the cards off the market instead of trading for it now. What happened to me? :(

I just crafted a level 5 Isaac badge, no :poop: dropped. I am sad. I really wanted :poop:.

I hope the :poop: prices go down, so i can finally get one.

Stop laughing.

There's a :pill: for that ;)

Dmax3901

Got Waking Mars, thanks!

EDIT: Also, anyone else getting little updates for a large amount of little indie games today? Just got two 4mb ones for the Ys games.

JaseC

downloaded brave new world, listed in library when I view dlc, din't seem to install though and when I boot up civ5 it isn't there as a result

any way to force an install or something?

Try verifying the game's cache: right-click -> Properties -> Local files -> Verify integrity of game cache...

If you have an AMD card you can use RadeonPro for both triple buffering and post AA.

Ah, good point! It's a pity there's no driver-level support for Direct3D triple-buffering on either side of the fence.

wait you mean arma gold as in armed assault gold? lawl don't get that shit, the devs themselves admitted that it was half-assed.
Half assed compared to other tactical shooters, or in terms of bugs?
Because I never played one on PC before, so it would be amazing and cutting edge to me

TheD

The Detective
Hmm, Steam seemed to of closed itself in the last half a day without asking me (it has never done that before), how odd.

DTKT

Got Waking Mars, thanks!

EDIT: Also, anyone else getting little updates for a large amount of little indie games today? Just got two 4mb ones for the Ys games.

Probably summer sale related. There might be some kind of meta-game related to the Mystery Cards.

Salsa

Is tomorrow the day?!

ask modbot

tumblr_m1k45dsxIk1qz84n6o1_400.gif

Exuro

You don't earn games from crafting badges. Until recently, you received:

- 100 XP
- An emoticon and profile background based on the game in question
- A discount coupon

Now, though, Mystery Cards have replaced the coupons. But perhaps the Mystery Cards will spit out free games!
We'll end up getting a summer sale themed background and emoticon...

And a brand new "Secret Card"!

We'll end up getting a summer sale themed background and emoticon...

And a brand new "Secret Card"

10 mystery cards get you a secret card. Collect 5 secret cards to unlock one of the 24 silent agent cards. Gather all those together and you get the chance to craft a rare foil mystery card, which can be combined with the 6 others in the set to form a coupon for 25% off Magicka.

Half assed compared to other tactical shooters, or in terms of bugs?
Because I never played one on PC before, so it would be amazing and cutting edge to me

half-assed in the sense that it's not that great of a game and the engine as a whole was shoddily thrown together

if your pc can't handle arma 2 or arma 3 then just get cold war assault, even though it was released in 2001 and is thus ancient it still has a great sp campaign

10 mystery cards get you a secret card. Collect 5 secret cards to unlock one of the 24 silent agent cards. Gather all those together and you get the chance to craft a rare foil mystery card, which can be combined with the 6 others in the set to form a coupon for 25% off Magicka.

This made me laugh lol. It really is like a secret Steam language that Gabe and friends have created amongst his followers.

Exeunt

First time playing it? You're in for a hell of a ride then! Fantastic game, my LTTP 2013 GOTY so far.

That first level was truly magical, and totally sold me on the game. I hadn't enjoyed a game so much ever since... well, ever since Arkham Asylum, which I had played a couple of weeks before. But yeah, it's a timeless classic which I regret not playing when it came out.

It sure is! The game started growing on me ever since I found my own way into the complex. At first I found the stealth mechanics rather spotty—enemy sightlines leave much to be desired—but now I'm enjoying sneaking around in the actual levels.

I take it you haven't played System Shock 2 yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom