• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Basement Collection -- MB-7705CA04AE3B763E - Taken by Deadbeat
Humble Bundle 6 -- MB-57B7E738FCA9EE22 - Taken by sibarraz

More games for the giveaway.

dot

Well i just spent 5 dollars buying 3 stacks of Offspring Fling cards.

If i don't get the :pinkheart: or :dogface: i'm gonna jump off a cliff.

Something wonderful is happening with me.

I blame mystery cards.

10 mystery cards get you a secret card. Collect 5 secret cards to unlock one of the 24 silent agent cards. Gather all those together and you get the chance to craft a rare foil mystery card, which can be combined with the 6 others in the set to form a coupon for 25% off Magicka.

It's funny thinking there are people out there that will probably go through all those steps if that really happened. Wait, we might even be in the presence of some now...

mrgone

I hope one of those mystery cards unlocks the mystery of Triple Town's popularity. It's so tedious. At least there are cards, I guess

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It sure is! The game started growing on me ever since I found my own way into the complex. At first I found the stealth mechanics rather spotty—enemy sightlines leave much to be desired—but now I'm enjoying sneaking around in the actual levels.

I take it you haven't played System Shock 2 yet?
Yeah, me too. I found the stealth part of the tutorial a little hard, but being able to use it successfully during the game feels very rewarding (I abuse quicksaves, mind you, and try different approaches when I'm not sure of which is the best way to proceed).

No, never played it. I bought it on Steam as soon as it was released, but haven't touched it yet. Maybe after I'm done with the BioShock franchise, which is going to take a loooong time at this rate...

I hope one of those mystery cards unlocks the mystery of Triple Town's popularity. It's so tedious. At least there are cards, I guess

When I played that the other day, it was strangely addicting but at the same time super meh. I gotta admit I kinda felt like booting it up after I got all the cards.

DTKT

I was just speculating but it's kind of obvious that the mystery card are related. Valve updated them 3 times with a new design and they arrived one week before the start.

Grief.exe

Night Dive Studios posted some of their System Shock 2 badges

1047925_272401672901927_1582744548_o.jpg

Dawg

guis

If you collect 99 mystery foil cards before the sale starts and you send Gaben a screenshot of them with "was it worth the weight?" you will get alpha access to Half-Life 3.

source: my dad works at valve

guis

If you collect 99 mystery foil cards before the sale starts and you send Gaben a screenshot of them with "was it worth the weight?" you will get alpha access to Half-Life 3.

source: my dad works at valve

Now I know you're lying. Because if your dad actually did work at Valve you'd know that Half-Life 3 was cancelled and instead they're working on Half Life 2.5 for iOS.

Per my uncle Gabe.

Exeunt

Yeah, me too. I found the stealth part of the tutorial a little hard, but being able to use it successfully during the game feels very rewarding (I abuse quicksaves, mind you, and try different approaches when I'm not sure of which is the best way to proceed).

No, never played it. I bought it on Steam as soon as it was released, but haven't touched it yet. Maybe after I'm done with the BioShock franchise, which is going to take a loooong time at this rate...

The tutorial felt a little clunky overall to be honest, but maybe that was a result of focussing all the mechanics into linear sections when the actual game is much more open. Sure it was good to figure out the different tools, but I was a little worried about how well the actual game was going to hold up by the time I was finished. So far, it's a relief to see those fears have been mostly unfounded.

You should play it! System Shock 2 and Deus Ex are very different mechanically, but the two games are feeling very similar to me in terms of presentation and universe.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The tutorial felt a little clunky overall to be honest, but maybe that was a result of focussing all the mechanics into linear sections when the actual game is much more open. Sure it was good to figure out the different tools, but I was a little worried about how well the actual game was going to hold up by the time I was finished. So far, it's a relief to see those fears have been mostly unfounded.

You should play it! System Shock 2 and Deus Ex are very different mechanically, but the two games are feeling very similar to me in terms of presentation and universe.
Don't worry, I will. And after experiencing first hand that Deus Ex deserves all the praise it gest and even more, I hope that I'll like SS2 too. Those games are classics for a reason.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, this video is amazing. Found it in the "I love Quake 1" thread. I never knew all this stuff was possible.

It's incredible how a 17 years old game can continue to amaze me. It's the perfect video to get excited and hyped for the Summer Seal, along with the last Foo Fighters album as soundtrack.

Cth

Wow, this video is amazing. Found it in the "I love Quake 1" thread. I never knew all this stuff was possible.

It's incredible how a 17 years old game can continue to amaze me. It's the perfect video to get excited and hyped for the Summer Seal, along with the last Foo Fighters album as soundtrack.

I remember working at CompUSA when word got out about the Quake demo CDs having shipped with every game on the disc for free (by mistake).

We were giving them away.

Neiteio

Thanks for sharing this. I was a UT 1999 kid so Quake is fresh material to me. Love the video's flow and nonstop action in capable hands. :)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I remember working at CompUSA when word got out about the Quake demo CDs having shipped with every game on the disc for free (by mistake).

We were giving them away.
What do you mean by "every game on the disc for free"? You mean all the episodes?

Thanks for sharing this. I was a UT 1999 kid so Quake is fresh material to me. Love the video's flow and nonstop action in capable hands. :)
You're welcome! I'm currently watching it, with a few stops inbetween to post here.

I had played Quake back then, but I was always more of a Doom and Duke3D fan, especially the latter. That doesn't mean I was good at any of them, since I always played with cheats and in the easiest difficulty. But this video is blowing my mind on so many levels, I can't even comprehend what's going on at times. Can't believe how someone can be that good at that game (yeah, there are actually several people playing a level each one, and then they put it all together, but it's still amazing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom