• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

The beta switch over was shocking, I had forgotten what Gaf actually looked like. I don't know how people stare at that horrible, blinding whiteness 24/7.

it's been over a year since I looked at white gaf. Alternative is the gifs looking straight up terrible on the dark theme and since im making the thread phuck that whities

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I have a Wii and I like Wiimote shooters, but I don't want to use homebrew. If I get Quake 1 on Steam, what's the best way to play it?
That I don't know. Did a quick search just now and apparently the Steam version doesn't use DOSBox.

Found this: http://steamcommunity.com/app/2310/discussions/0/828934089702907532/. Since I don't have it on Steam, nor have I ever modded it, I won't be able to help you any further.

Here's the GAF thread I took the speedrun video from, and here's a link to a supposedly good mod/patch (also linked in the OP from that same thread).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
also all the transparencies in the thread are now set to matte black so they'll look a bit worse on a white/light gray background because if you're not using the dark theme then what the hell is wrong with you

I call for a boycott.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I wonder if this will be enough

ibmeGYvADVw5Ac.gif

Try to slow the colour switching down a little; we've had a number of messages recently about flashing GIFs being hard on peoples eyes. :p

Salsa

Try to slow the colour switching down a little; we've had a number of messages recently about flashing GIFs being hard on peoples eyes. :p

stump you just ruined my whole thread I was planning on giving gaf a seizure

BACK TO SQUARE ONE

no but really I cant tell if you're serious. I can add a couple frames to it if you feel that could bother someone. I just made it like that so no one can miss it

BACK TO SQUARE ONE

no but really I cant tell if you're serious. I can add a couple frames to it if you feel that could bother someone

I was looking forward to the Gandalf laughing sized Slaveofgod gifs

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

BACK TO SQUARE ONE

no but really I cant tell if you're serious. I can add a couple frames to it if you feel that could bother someone. I just made it like that so no one can miss it

Yeah just slow it down a few frames. I'm not being GRRR serious or anything, but I was being serious. The site's getting bigger, there's going to be more users who are sensitive to this stuff. I ran it by Cyan (on the mod staff; he said he had photosensitive seizures in the past) and he said it didn't seem too bad, but better safe than sorry. Don't worry it'll still be plenty annoying.

Self induced photogenic seizures are how kids get their kicks these days. You don't want gaf to become irrelevant do you :/

Kidding of course

Lint21

Neo Member
So, in order of importance, it's

1. Dailies
2. Flash sales
3. Community Choice

?

This is my first Steam sale and I don't want to waste my monies.

discounts have been the same for all three iirc. just wait for one of them.

edit: except for a fluke/glitch or two, like saints row the third last year.

Salsa

I've only got 2 bucks :/ Come on Gaben, give me a sick deal on something I want....

hey i've got 10 bucks and im still excited, im always looking forward to the thread shenanigans as much as I am to the sales

and then I get banned

as the resident new PC guy you're gonna be on watch More_Badass. Do not disappoint.
Well you already know my Wishlist. So it's a matter of waiting for discounts and then the better discounts....

i think i can i think i can i think i can i think i can i think i can i think i...

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
From my amazon account this time.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hotline Miami -- MB-EBCF5B8C9CF526A0 - Taken by KMD

Wish the McPixel card prices didn't plummet so quickly. Was lucky and sold the Cow card for $0.60 right when they were released.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Awesomenauts Cluck Costume -- MB-90FECBD9653D99E7
Sine More -- MB-2C80B02A0BE49864 - Taken by MikeDip
Aquaria -- MB-0DF66266DF394072 - Taken by Milamber
Waking Mars -- MB-8BE6F67D94A0C6A7 - Taken by v0rtikal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom