• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart

From my amazon account this time.

Oh man, again thank you kind poster, this was a game on my wishlist and I've been dying to play this, I am cry!

And since I can't gift anything on steam because I just added a payment method, I'll do the best I can with this:

First person to quote me can have my 4 Portal 2 cards:

Chell x2
Intro
Destruction

Oh man, again thank you kind poster, this was a game on my wishlist and I've been dying to play this, I am cry!

And since I can't gift anything on steam because I just added a payment method, I'll do the best I can with this:

First person to quote me can have my 4 Portal 2 cards:

Chell x2
Intro
Destruction

O ;opve you, aka I love you.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Wish the McPixel card prices didn't plummet so quickly. Was lucky and sold the Cow card for $0.60 right when they were released.

Thanks so much for Sine Mora. I am a big shmup fan but never got around to this game. I'm gonna enjoy this, thank you!

Grief.exe

Now that Salsa is done with Animal Crossing she might catch up to Jase and I in Steam Thread posts.

I just can't compete with your outputs.

1337Sauce

Sorry if this seems a bit over-asked, but what is the best way to decide when I should purchase a game. I saw that flow chart earlier, but now everybody is talking about being patient. Is the order for buying Daily Deals > Flash Deals > Community Deals?

Basically, if I see something as a daily deal, should I just purchase it because that is most likely the cheapest it is going to get?

Just don't buy anything that isn't a daily deal, community pick, or flash deal because it will probably be one of those eventually(and subsequently a better deal). And it goes without saying but make sure the game you want isn't part of a publisher pack you want.

Salsa

Sorry if this seems a bit over-asked, but what is the best way to decide when I should purchase a game. I saw that flow chart earlier, but now everybody is talking about being patient. Is the order for buying Daily Deals > Flash Deals > Community Deals?

Basically, if I see something as a daily deal, should I just purchase it because that is most likely the cheapest it is going to get?

dont buy anything that isnt highlighted as a time-limited thing (be it daily, flash, or whatever) until the last day of the sales.

Dailies, Flash, and Community deals are usually the same prices, they just occur at different times or are often repeats. So if its either one of the deals and you want the game get it.

BadAss2961

Yes.

Flash deals are usually just as good and safe to jump on.

We don't even know for sure if there will be daily deals, flash deals or community deals. Just relax, the sale will start, we'll all sit down together and we'll work out the best way to go about it.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Morning all! Sale day today! My first when I have a decent enough laptop to play everything, so I expect to be fully broke by the end of the sale.

Wish the McPixel card prices didn't plummet so quickly. Was lucky and sold the Cow card for $0.60 right when they were released.

Yea, idled for 4 hours and then when I finally get all 7 cards and check the market they're worth less than 20c each. Blah.

Anyway...

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dino D-Day -- MB-518A47A6BE7F7D68 - Taken by DeadlyVirus
SpaceChem -- MB-DEECFF15506F04E0 - Taken by DamnTheMan
Tropico Trilogy -- MB-DADCA19B77CA0BE0 - Taken by 73V3N

Caerith

The actual order for buying is:
  1. Pricing errors.
  2. Daily/Flash/Community/Aquaman Deals
  3. Last Day of Sale
What makes tomorrow exciting is the inevitable -75% on a publisher pack (for one hour only until they fix it) or an accidental overlap between Daily and Community deals resulting in -91% for a new game or something.

Anustart

man, got lucky in giving those portal 2 cards away, literally right after my internet went kaput and I'm getting some error saying my network doesn't fall within safe bounds, code 5.

If it comes back up I got one other item to give away.

Hope steam offers a 1C Publisher Pack again, always so many titles I want there but I've over spent every time and had to pass.

Whatever happened to that third Death to Spies game?

Wok

The actual order for buying is:
  1. Pricing errors.
  2. Daily/Flash/Community/Aquaman Deals
  3. Last Day of Sale
What makes tomorrow exciting is the inevitable -75% on a publisher pack (for one hour only until they fix it) or an accidental overlap between Daily and Community deals resulting in -91% for a new game or something.

Pricing mistakes are the best ones. They feel like sales desgined especially for us.

Grief.exe

Hope steam offers a 1C Publisher Pack again, always so many titles I want there but I've over spent every time and had to pass.

Whatever happened to that third Death to Spies game?

If a Publisher has put games on discount on Steam, then they have likely inked a deal with Valve to do so.

If there was a sale on a title in the past, then there will be one in the future.

Grief.exe

Posted a thread with all of the information on the removal of GFWL/Securom and addition of Steamworks for Bioshock 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and Batman: Arkham City

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=69524191#post69524191

while it ussually goes like that; it isnt necessarely true

The only thing that would change that is if the deal went sour and the game was removed from Steam entirely.

I'm eying Dark Souls and Torchlight II primarily. I assume both will be discounted at least 50% at some point, so $25 total at worst.

I've seen Dark Souls below $12, maybe even for $7.50, on Amazon and GMG. That will be your place to pick it up.

Posted a thread with all of the information on the removal of GFWL/Securom and addition of Steamworks for Bioshock 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and Batman: Arkham City

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=69524191#post69524191

The only thing that would change that is if the deal went sour and the game was removed from Steam entirely.

I've seen Dark Souls below $12, maybe even for $7.50, on Amazon and GMG. That will be your place to pick it up.

I'm planning on just using the $30~ I've made from selling cards which is why I'm looking to the Steam sale to do so, but if the price is right elsewhere, I'll bite.

Grief.exe

Worse case scenario: that Reddit post was a stupid hoak and the Sale isn't starting tomorrow

11 Hours 34 Minutes to go (or not...)

Reddit post is irrelevant.

Circumstantial release evidence has pointed to the 11th for weeks. We knew it had a good chance of starting on that date for a long time.

Mid Week madness times and Twitter posts confirm this to be the case.

That's your worst case scenario? You're not very imaginative.

Worst case scenario is Valve accidentally recharges everyone's steam libraries at full price. Wallets burn, credit is destroyed, and this thread descends into the ultimate screenshots-of-my-steam-games hell.

Worst case scenario is Valve accidentally recharges everyone's steam libraries at full price. Wallets burn, credit is destroyed, and this thread descends into the ultimate screenshots-of-my-steam-games hell.

ib1EtHcgvHdpEY.gif

Caerith

Homes get swallowed by sinkholes all the time. What if the sale can only be accessed by beating both Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni and Umineko no Naku Koro Ni using an experimental Oculus Rift with full tactile feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom