• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

Now that the sale is ALMOST HERE, it has just dawned on me that I might not buy much, if anything.

I think it's the 'event', the possible metagame, and sharing the sale with you dear folk of SteamGAF (particularly those jumping in for the first time) that I'm most looking forward to.

My backlog shames me as it is (I haven't even installed XCOM yet, for example)... So it'll need to be a too-good-to-refuse deal for me to budge, I think - come at me, Gabe.

Grief.exe

I've tweeted and emailed Majesco to see if they would consider contacting Steam and securing discounts for their properties.

No response.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
On the one hand, I only have about €20 to spend... On the other hand, I already got Sleeping Dogs and ALL the Sonics and a bunch of indie bundles for cheap. Also Rise of the Triad because I could not wait even though I actually do have to wait.

Also way too many cards :(

Grief.exe

I forgot to add DayZ Standalone to my wishlist.

Will probably be releasing at somepoint in the next couple weeks, I would imagine sooner considering the frequency of updates to the registry app.

I will probably be able to see when it is on the verge of releasing, much like I did with FFVII. I will make sure to post here and let everyone know.

Ideally I only plan on getting 5 games.
Gunpoint, Warband + Napoleonic Wars, Incredipede, Garry's Mod, Arma Gold

If I get only those, I'd be satisfied. I'd like to have $$ left over in my account for future sales/discounts throughout the summer.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
On the one hand, I only have about €20 to spend... On the other hand, I already got Sleeping Dogs and ALL the Sonics and a bunch of indie bundles for cheap. Also Rise of the Triad because I could not wait even though I actually do have to wait.

Also way too many cards :(

I'm looking forward to RoTT (it'll be the first "arena FPS" I've played since Quake Live's early days), but I can hold off until after the Summer Sale on the count of it not releasing until well after the Summer Sale. ;)

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
I'm looking forward to RoTT (it'll be the first "arena FPS" I've played since Quake Live's early days), but I can hold off until after the Summer Sale on the count of it not releasing until well after the Summer Sale. ;)

I have no guarantee of actually having money after the sale though, and I just needed to buy something to cheer me up from thesis stress. Capitalism rules.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
It's the eleventh! I'm putting my pc on craigslist if they don't start that sale already!!
;p

Wishlist

Grief.exe

If I get only those, I'd be satisfied. I'd like to have $$ left over in my account for future sales/discounts throughout the summer.

You should check out Project Takedown, its a Tactical FPS kickstarter that should grab your interest.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/355932838/crowdsourced-hardcore-tactical-shooter

http://serellan.com/2013/06/takedown-at-e3-2013-2/

I had a dream that Valve put up a huge banner with a '3' in it and when you clicked on it it linked to blog entry where they talked about how after years' work they're feeling ready to reveal it. I just don't know what it was, because I woke up. And no the banner had no lambda in it, instead it was made out of cards!

I think I need a hug.

JaseC

I'm still holding out for Timeshift. :(

TimeShift
n. A game that, despite not selling a single copy since the year it released, is never generously discounted.

Already bought 15! Some people say they're not worth anything, but nothing gets rid of academic stress like the rush of (over)paying for something that has no intrinsic value whatsoever.

Have you ensured that you have the 10 unique Mystery Cards?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
A Daedalic game with cards? Cool. Deponia next, please. ^^
Also, Drunken Robot what?!

Grief.exe

Time for bed, see you guys tomorrow.

Posted this in my Bioshock and Batman DRM removal thread, but thought it was worth posting here.

Microsoft is going to have several booths dedicated to PC gaming at Gamescom.

AOauiDx.png

Unrelated, but Valve is going to be there as well.

TimeShift
n. A game that, despite not selling a single copy since the year it released, is never generously discounted.

Have you ensured that you have the 10 unique Mystery Cards?
Hey! I bought a used copy last year! The game's not that bad. Generic and a bit average but pausing time and getting headshots and watching glib and gore fly everywhere in slow motion doesn't get old

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
A Daedalic game with cards? Cool. Deponia next, please. ^^
Also, Drunken Robot what?!

It's quite surprising to see them go for Night of the Rabbit first, considering how new it is. There's nary a background or emote on the market for that game yet. I'm almost tempted to buy it since the cards are still ranging from $4-$9 each... but who the hell would buy them?

JaseC

Hey! I bought a used copy last year! The game's not that bad. Generic and a bit average but pausing time and getting headshots and watching glib and gore fly everywhere in slow motion doesn't get old

I don't think Acti counts used sales. :p I've been wanting to pick up the game for a long time now, and if I have to, I'll begrudgingly purchase it at 25% off come the last day of the Summer Sale.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
I must admit, I haven't really an idea as to what to buy this summer sale but I'm sure Gabe will help tell me.

I have an initial budget of my Steam Wallet of £56, then my credit card is ready, eek.

Arthea

Lemme point out that Alice price (EU) on steam is beyond ridiculous. I could have bought retail copy for less.

edited: oh g'morning here too

Grief.exe

Very interesting but still doesn't necessarily mean anything. See you in a few minutes.

I'm back.

Can't stop watching

It's 4am. I'm tired. I will see you all tomorrow for the big day.

God Speed. OH and WAIT FOR THE DAMN DAILY DEALS!

www.Gaben.tv

Over and out.

I'm ready for a miracle.

Anyone else have "Ubisoft Test App" in their Steam library?

Been a recurring issue for people.

Ryan_

Anyone has any experience with Incredipede?

Also, I work in a video game / movie / CD store for the summer and since I'm all alone today at work, I brought my laptop with me.
So I can keep up with all them shenanigans that will undoubtedly take place right here in this thread! Do not dissapoint me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom