• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I'm crossing everything in my body for I Am Alive to go on sale. Even my balls. I want this game for less than $5. I need it.

The_Monk

They've been dropping just fine for me. Today I've used up by drops for Ion Storm and Dungeons of Dredmor, plus I'm currently idling in McPixel and have used up four of the seven drops thus far.

I actually had them stopping for a while in McPixel, hope I can resume my Card Dropping today.

I really don't get this game to be honest.

I'm crossing everything in my body for I Am Alive to go on sale. Even my balls. I want this game for less than $5. I need it.

As someone who love The Last of Us it can be a great game/snack indeed fellow GAFfer. Let's hope for a sale on it!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

That's quite likely, actually. It was 66% off ($5.09) a few months ago, so it's due for the big 7-5.

Knurek

Why is Space Chem so good? In the indie thread, it gets endless praise from Toma but the screenshots and reviews sound dull.

It's certainly not for everyone.

It's billed as a puzzle game, but to me plays more like a series of coding challenges in a custom programming language.

I found it absolutely wonderful myself, looking to pick up Corgi DLC on sale (have it on GOG already, but the game is well worth the double dipping).

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
As someone who love The Last of Us it can be a great game/snack indeed fellow GAFfer. Let's hope for a sale on it!

I picked it up when it released on 360. Loved it. It's one of my favorite games of this gen. I just want to see how it looks and runs on PC, and do a playthrough on a higher difficulty.

That's quite likely, actually. It was 66% off ($5.09) a few months ago, so it's due for the big 7-5.

I'm assuming it will. It was less than $4 in a couple sales last month, but those versions came with Tages. I'd like to just have it through Steam.

Why so excited about this game?

You get to use a bow.

Thieve

Neo Member
I actually had them stopping for a while in McPixel, hope I can resume my Card Dropping today.

I really don't get this game to be honest.

There's really nothing to "get", you just gotta embrace the weird. For what it's worth though between the Extras/Free dlc, there's a lot of content though. All in all it took me around 4 hours to actually get all my cards (half of which I spent afk getting food :\), I just wish it had achievements.

The_Monk

I picked it up when it released on 360. Loved it. It's one of my favorite games of this gen. I just want to see how it looks and runs on PC, and do a playthrough on a higher difficulty.

May I ask what a higher difficulty means in this game fellow GAFfer? Even less items in the world, perhaps?

My friend finished on the PS3 and he keeps telling me how great it is. Like, pointing a gun to a guy (but with no bullets) and the enemy backing off.

There's really nothing to "get", you just gotta embrace the weird. For what it's worth though between the Extras/Free dlc, there's a lot of content though. All in all it took me around 4 hours to actually get all my cards (half of which I spent afk getting food :\), I just wish it had achievements.

All I can say is I make a lot of stuff exploding. All I touch explodes. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing.

Tak3n

Banned
I just noticed DOTA 2 has launched (I know I am slow)

anyway I thought I would see what all the fuss is about, you go to download it and you are hit with this!

You are currently 15845 in the Launch Queue

My wishlist is currently 17 games, but the majority are PC versions of games I own for my 360, and I want to get rid of.

Stuff like Crysis 2, Dishonored and the AC series. Stuff I don't really want to pay more than €5 for, really.

The only games on my wishlist I haven't played are Just Cause II, Metro: Last Light, BioShock Infinite, Borderlands I and II, and Dead Space II.

Ryan_

My wishlist is currently 17 games, but the majority are PC versions of games I own for my 360, and I want to get rid of.

Stuff like Crysis 2, Dishonored and the AC series. Stuff I don't really want to pay more than €5 for, really.

The only games on my wishlist I haven't played are Just Cause II, Metro: Last Light, BioShock Infinite, Borderlands I and II, and Dead Space II.

What would be the estimated reduction of Metro: Last Light?

Can someone check that the integrated graphics in my Asus X401A1 is Intel HD Graphics 2000? Or that it's a different kind?

I checked the dxdiag page on my laptop and it only says Intel HD Graphics, no number. I've been scouring the web and can't find any good info about what exact graphics I have. The driver date is 3/8/2013 if that helps

If you need the info to search, my specs are Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, DirectX 11, Pentium B970 2.3 GHz, 4096MB Ram

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
May I ask what a higher difficulty means in this game fellow GAFfer? Even less items in the world, perhaps?

My friend finished on the PS3 and he keeps telling me how great it is. Like, pointing a gun to a guy (but with no bullets) and the enemy backing off.

Less items, especially retries. A retry lets you restart from your last checkpoint, so if you don't have one you have to load up your last save. You can also take damage while you're struggling with an enemy, whereas in normal they can't hurt you while you're in the animation.

It's pretty common to have to bluff your way through confrontations. When you're faced with three enemies and you only have a single bullet, it turns into a bit of a puzzle. You have to prioritize your targets and rely on intimidation. It's not a game where you can just blast through every enemy you come across. Since you rarely have more than two or three bullets, it's not an option.

It's a game I'd recommend to anyone who likes The Road or wishes Uncharted or Tomb Raider had deeper climbing mechanics.

javadots

Banned
Can someone check that the integrated graphics in my Asus X401A1 is Intel HD Graphics 2000? Or that it's a different kind?

I checked the dxdiag page on my laptop and it only says Intel HD Graphics, no number. I've been scouring the web and can't find any good info about what exact graphics I have. The driver date is 3/8/2013 if that helps

If you need the info to search, my specs are Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, DirectX 11, Pentium B970 2.3 GHz, 4096MB Ram

Go to the tech forums. And buy an entirely new computer.

Kabouter

What are the odds of Darkest of Days going on sale at all? It's one of two games I want this upcoming sale (together with Ass Creed Rev, which is basically guaranteed to be on sale)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What are the odds of Darkest of Days going on sale at all? It's one of two games I want this upcoming sale (together with Ass Creed Rev, which is basically guaranteed to be on sale)

History suggests that it'll be half off for the duration of the sale.

omg_mjd

Only game I need to pick up if it gets a discount is Skyrim. And maybe DmC. The rest of the stuff on my wishlist I'll consider if they go $10 or below.

Saving my indie game budget for titles that are getting ported to the Vita. (Hotline Miami Vita was a blast.)

Working on that. Any forums that you'd recommend?

Where are you located? I have an Alienware M17x R2 laptop that I don't use anymore that I needs to be sold.

I've bought parts and stuff off notebookreview.com and http://www.techinferno.com/ before. Both great places.

They mostly have advice for desktops

What's the full model number? Should look like this: Asus X401A-RBL4

Kabouter

History suggests that it'll be half off for the duration of the sale.

Good enough for me, stump recommended it, so it's probably worth €10. (Though I will of course wait to see if it's a daily, don't worry, I know the rules at this point :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom