• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing a trade on Reddit.
Here are my choices:
Unstoppable Gorg
Stellar Impact
Twin Sector
Dead Horde
Future Wars
Greed: Black Border
Grotesque Tactics
Trapped Dead
Grotesque Tactics 2
Trauma
Zombie Shooter 2
Zombie Shooter
Alien Shooter
Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded
Alien Shooter 2: Conscription
Section 8
Legendary
Disciples III: Resurrection
Insecticide
SpaceChem
Dino D-Day
Rome: Total War (not sure if I can run)
Nation Red

Best choices (beside the obvious Rome Total War)?
Is Dino D Day any good?

Slyjss

Sounds like a magical day. One more week before Pacfic Rim hits Belgian theatres :(

In Spain it's 9th August. And Star Trek 2 made honor to its name by arriving 2 months late.

In other news: tonight's the night (well, 7 PM CET in summer is very far from night, but whatever)

Caerith

Doing a trade on Reddit.
Here are my choices:
Best choices (beside the obvious Rome Total War)?
Is Dino D Day any good?
These are all things that were in cheap bundles, I believe. SpaceChem is the best game in that list. Everything else is like asking "which air freshener is best? fish, or durian?"

Ryan_

In Spain it's 9th August. And Star Trek 2 made honor to its name by arriving 2 months late.

In other news: tonight's the night (well, 7 PM CET in summer is very far from night, but whatever)

Okay, well, you got it rougher than me, it seems. I wish you a good sale to ease the pain.

jediyoshi

Dear TF2 vets,

Someone obtain this for me
xxTQrIc.jpg

Thanks

zychi

Banned
I'm officially a PC only gamer until the PS4 comes out. Someone bought my phat 360 off Amazon for $160 :)

Now I just have to resist putting that into my steam wallet.
KuGsj.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm officially a PC only gamer until the PS4 comes out. Someone bought my phat 360 off Amazon for $160 :)

KuGsj.gif

This is precisely the opposite of what you should be doing! Embrace the idea.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass

KuGsj.gif

If you don't put it into your Steam wallet, you might spend it on something other than Steam games or trading cards. Don't take that risk, man!

zychi

Banned
This is precisely the opposite of what you should be doing! Embrace the idea.

I have 200+ Steam games, and started playing WoW again. I really should put it towards the ps4 preorder/some of the games I'm preordering between now and November.

e: shit, plus i have the ffxiv beta to play... woooo!

Slyjss

It's that bad? I was actually considering it.

Why is Space Chem so good? In the indie thread, it gets endless praise from Toma but the screenshots and reviews sound dull.

I think it's the worse game I have played in this gen. At least the worst FPS. Buggy, terrible level design, even worse balancing, boring, stupid story which contradicts everything you have done in the damned ending, and forgettable characters. And the worst scripted sequences I have seen in many time.

oipic

The 3AM sale start time is nasty for those of us on Australia's Eastern seaboard, and poses a logistical dilemma as to when to sleep.

Awake at 6-7 o'clock, by which time everyone else has had ample time to game the metagame, or set the alarm for the middle of the night, knowing it'll effectively trash tomorrow's day at the office? Consume lots of coffee and pull an all-nighter?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I think it's the worse game I have played in this gen. At least the worst FPS. Buggy, terrible level design, even worse balancing, boring, stupid story which contradicts everything you have done in the damned ending, and forgettable characters. And the worst scripted sequences I have seen in many time.
That's a weird joke, pal.

PriitV

The 3AM sale start time is nasty for those of us on Australia's Eastern seaboard, and poses a logistical dilemma as to when to sleep.

Awake at 6-7 o'clock, by which time everyone else has had ample time to game the metagame, or set the alarm for the middle of the night, knowing it'll effectively trash tomorrow's day at the office? Consume lots of coffee and pull an all-nighter?

Get home -> sleep -> wake up at 3am all refreshed

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
It's quite surprising to see them go for Night of the Rabbit first, considering how new it is. There's nary a background or emote on the market for that game yet. I'm almost tempted to buy it since the cards are still ranging from $4-$9 each... but who the hell would buy them?
Germans. :p
I was in the alpha for this... it's like a first person boss arena shooter kind of thing? With Dejobaan's signature "what the fuck" humor. I made a video of it back then. Can't imagine the core gameplay has changed much since.
Crazy stuff.
Not my cup 'o thea, but I love that it exists.
Brilliant title.

Go to sleep at 8pm, wake up at 3am

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No cards have been dropping for me lately :/ anyone else having this problem?

They've been dropping just fine for me. Today I've used up my drops for Ion Storm and Dungeons of Dredmor, plus I'm currently idling in McPixel and have used up four of the seven drops thus far.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I think i'm going to try and limit my purchases to about £15-20 during the sale. I just got back into PC gaming after getting a new laptop (lived with a old, eventually broken one for way past it was worth gaming on) so I have a backlog of games I haven't really played yet. I'm saving for a house (in London - £££££££) so I have no disposable income to speak of. I'm going to try and be very selective with what I pull the trigger on. There's always the Winter Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom