• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time I've ever seen this, GAME in the UK are advertising the Steam Sale this year.
http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...&storeId=10151&cm_sp=pcdownload-_-hub-_-Steam
steam.JPG

Glad someone took Atom zombie Smasher from glassrebel's giveaway. It's a fantastic little tower defence or more properly tower delay as long as possible game.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
First time I've ever seen this, GAME in the UK are advertising the Steam Sale this year.
http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...&storeId=10151&cm_sp=pcdownload-_-hub-_-Steam

Funnily enough I was trading in some tat today to get some Steam credit and I noticed that they had moved their PC stands more out in the open in the middle of the floor closer to the till.

I asked the guy behind the counter about it and he was telling me how loads more people are buying both Steam credit and hard copies of PC games these days. Says that it has taken off in quite a big way over the last 6 months to a year.

Milamber

Funnily enough I was trading in some tat today to get some Steam credit and I noticed that they had moved their PC stands more out in the open in the middle of the floor closer to the till.

I asked the guy behind the counter about it and he was telling me how loads more people are buying both Steam credit and hard copies of PC games these days. Says that it has taken off in quite a big way over the last 6 months to a year.
That's wonderful! Always happy to hear about PC gaming gaining ground.

Closure? Yeah about that...
SPOILERS!? LALALA -CAN'THEARYOU- LALALA!

pmj

So for some reason one of my games has a number after it and it keeps changing.

It says "Killing Floor - 5 h". Yesterday when I checked it said "17 h" and I could have sworn I had multiple games like this a couple of days back. What does this mean? 5 hours? Of what?

glaurung

Heard there were bugs but they didn't want to patch it. So they just took it off Steam
I think you can buy it from the Ubisoft/Uplay digital store.

But the price is stupid, so it's easier to locate a cheap physical copy. I've seen even games like Anno 2070 and its addon go for something like 12 euros in the local stores.

Arthea

It says "Killing Floor - 5 h". Yesterday when I checked it said "17 h" and I could have sworn I had multiple games like this a couple of days back. What does this mean? 5 hours? Of what?

It's free to play for that number of hours, later it won't be.

It means you have 5 hours left for you to play it for free

Killing Floor is having a free week. It ends in 5 hours.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is my first Steam Summer Sale, will this change me as a gamer?

First you'll just buy games you're particularly interested in.

Then you'll find yourself buying games that even remotely interest you, if the price is right.

Then you'll find yourself buying anything simply because it's cheap.

And finally, you'll find yourself chasing copies of Steam-redeemable games that are no longer sold via Steam itself. This is the stage of true enlightenment.

pmj

Thanks all for the heads up on the free week thing.

It strikes me as odd that it would advertise free play for a game I already own.

Petrie

Banned
Probably download Steam to my work PC to ensure I get in on any mistakes, as the mobile app is less than ideal.

Can't wait! Left my paypal account well stocked this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom