• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

t1373562000z4.png

What time is it for you at the end of this countdown?

It is 7 PM indeed for normal Europe!

Bumhead

Banned
Funnily enough I was trading in some tat today to get some Steam credit and I noticed that they had moved their PC stands more out in the open in the middle of the floor closer to the till.

I asked the guy behind the counter about it and he was telling me how loads more people are buying both Steam credit and hard copies of PC games these days. Says that it has taken off in quite a big way over the last 6 months to a year.

I've commented on this anecdotally in the PAL Charts threads at various points this year. I know it doesn't take huge numbers of sales to enter the top 10 of those charts these days, but there seems to have been a significant increase in PC software in there. Seems to have been a pretty tangible uptake in PC gaming in the UK, and by the sounds of it GAME support that.

It's smart of them to do so and try and operate their business model around stuff like Steam. That's the stuff they were slow to react to previously but might keep them in business over the next few years, especially if they remain competitive on digital Xbox One and PS4 vouchers.

Bought. It's sliding to the first position on my backlog.

Afterwards I still have Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Mark of the Ninja and Black Mesa to play, and The Witcher 2, Skyrim and the Half-Life series to replay.

I'm guessing this summer sale will still change quite a few things in that list. :lol

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So what does everyone have on their wishlists? Post your top 5. Mine are:

The Swapper
Gunpoint
Sonic Generations
Fez
Surgeon Simulator 2013.

I haven't really added much to it though, mostly just a "this seems interesting" list. Looking for inspiration on what to look out for in the sales!

Arthea

mine, but top 4 only!

Ys: The Oath in Felghana
Ys Chronicles
Fallout: New Vegas
FF7 (I wonder how many of FF7s I'll buy in my lifetime)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

The Swapper
Gunpoint
Sonic Generations
Fez
Surgeon Simulator 2013.

I haven't really added much to it though, mostly just a "this seems interesting" list. Looking for inspiration on what to look out for in the sales!
Are we really going to go this route? I'll post my future haul too if you want :p

Bumhead

Banned

The Swapper
Gunpoint
Sonic Generations
Fez
Surgeon Simulator 2013.

Resident Evil 6 (but only at below £5)
Resident Evil Revelations (only below £7)
Don't Starve
Far Cry 3 (below £5)
Rogue Legacy
Mortal Kombat
The Swapper
Guns of Icarus Online
Monaco
Aliens: Coloniel Marines (lol, £5 or less)
Metro Last Light
Tomb Raider
Gunslinger
Gunpoint
Dishonored
Fallout 3 GOTY

Going to try and keep to JUST those.

The Swapper
Gunpoint
Sonic Generations
Fez
Surgeon Simulator 2013.

My Top 5:
Rogue Legacy
La Mulana
System Shock 2
Antichamber
Portal 2

If I see something I'd be interested in at a low low price, I'd probably buy it, but my top 5 take priority.

The Swapper
Gunpoint
Sonic Generations
Fez
Surgeon Simulator 2013.

Torchlight 2
FTL
Terraria
Mark of the Ninja
Civ V

I hope these older games get some attention from the summer sale fairy too...
Call of Duty: War Chest
Brothers in Arms Pack
Battlestations: Midway / Pacific

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Are we really going to go this route? I'll post my future haul too if you want :p

I'm just interested in what people's top 5 wants are, looking for inspiration and a bit of "Oh! I want that too!" so I can add a few more games to my wishlist myself. Plus you get a sense of people's tastes. I've come from console gaming over the last few years so a lot of older titles I've got on those, want to see what slipped through the cracks and would be worth picking up.

Tomodachi

Funny thing is, store updates usually at 7pm over here (GMT+1) but apparently today the midweek madness ends at 6pm, steam itself specifying "ora italiana" (italian time).
So will the summer sale start one hour before the usual update time? I seem to remember some of the flash dailies updated at 6pm in previous sales, so that starting time would be a possibility.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Just bought Bioshock Infinite from GMG for $24USD. Considering it retails for $80AUD on the Steam store even with a hefty discount over the sales it won't get anywhere near that price.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Funny thing is, store updates usually at 7pm over here (GMT+1) but apparently today the midweek madness ends at 6pm, steam itself specifying "ora italiana" (italian time).
So will the summer sale start one hour before the usual update time? I seem to remember some of the flash dailies updated at 6pm in previous sales, so that starting time would be a possibility.

Look at the actual countdown timer on the game pages; it'll say 6.5 hours, which is when the store usually updates.

The_Monk

The Swapper
Gunpoint
Sonic Generations
Fez
Surgeon Simulator 2013.

My Top 5 List so far for upcoming purchases and/or deals are:

- 400 Days DLC
- Counter Strike Global Offensive
- Prison Architect
- Expeditions Conquistador
- The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief

The Swapper
Gunpoint
Sonic Generations
Fez
Surgeon Simulator 2013.

My wishlist is up at a 'modest' 55 but I do tend to add a lot of games I will probably never buy.

My top 5 are:

Metro Last Light
Nights
Tomb Raider
Dark Souls - I have it on the 360 but I want some Durante goodness
Far Cry Blood Dragon

In fact I don't know if this is my top 5; so many games...

I know my bank account is going to cry shortly.

scotcheggz

funny thing is, the retail version has received a patch.

Yeh, it used to be available on steam, I bought it! Then they dropped it and didnt patch it. Fortunately PC has WAYS.

Damn, I want me some Anno and 2070 doesn't look that cool.
1701 was great though

shame

I dunno, 2070 is amazing. I think I prefer 1404 becuase of the setting, but I still lost weeks into 2070 before I put it down when it released. I think it will definitely scratch your itch. The three factions are quite fun and pretty different and the underwater stations were a cool idea. If its cheap I'd say go for it, but otherwise grab a physical copy of 1404, must be next to nothing these days? 2070 also has always online requirements and uPlay and all that good ubisoft shit too, so that goes against it too.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member

The Swapper
Gunpoint
Sonic Generations
Fez
Surgeon Simulator 2013.

Kerbal Space Program
Fallout 3 Goty
Civ V
Portal 2
Walking Dead + 400 Days DLC

and many more. My first Steam Sale :/

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
And then, on a Thursday, about thirty years after the great videogame crash, a rather large man knew the answer to satisfy gamers once and for all. This time it was right, it would work, and nobody would get another Bad Rats steamkey for their entire lives.

Sadly, however, before he could get to his IPhone to tell anyone about it, a terrible stupid catastrophe occurred, and the idea was lost for ever.

duppolo

And then, on a Thursday, about thirty years after the great videogame crash, a rather large man knew the answer to satisfy gamers once and for all. This time it was right, it would work, and nobody would get another Bad Rats steamkey for their entire lives.

Sadly, however, before he could get to his IPhone to tell anyone about it, a terrible stupid catastrophe occurred, and the idea was lost for ever.

and u have that avatar! please tell me you are a girl

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
This is my first Steam sale too. It's like Christmas, I can't sleep! I'm super excited to add to my list of over 100 games, of which I've actually even started up maybe 20 of them. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom