• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotcheggz

I wouldn't mind a cheap far cry 3, dark souls and the latest Civ V DLC being discounted (not likely?)

Lets face it tough, I'll buy whatever is cheap and then never play it, that's what steam sales are for.

Oh god, I have something like 40 games on my wishlist... And then come the games you don't want but are so cheap you have to buy them. My body (and my wallet) is not ready!

Bumhead

Banned
That's..optimistic. :)
Not gonna happen this year, at least directly on steam.

Yeah I'm kind of prepared for that.

To be honest, me saying "only below £5" is a sort of defence mechanism against the temptation to spend more on 3 games I don't really want to spend anymore than £5 on.

But a bit like saying I'm only going to stick to games on my wishlist, we will see how that works out..

DirtRiver

Kerbal Space Program

and many more. My first Steam Sale :/

You're in for a treat :)

I have so many indie games I want to buy, it's crazy. I think the only AAA game I might want to buy if the price is right is Far Cry 3, but I highly doubt it will get a higher discount than 50%.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Anything that's under 5 dollars with a metacritic rating of above 83, I'm probably going to buy. ANYTHING.

Fuck.

There's loads of stuff on my wishlist, but what I'm really hoping for is a sizeable discount on Skyrim. I already own it on 360, so I've no intention of paying a high price but, now that I have a gaming PC that's worthy of the name, I'm really looking forward to being able to mod the hell out of it.

Dark Souls would be nice too, but that's another one that I already have, so I can afford to be patient.

The_Monk

Dark Souls[/B] would be nice too, but that's another one that I already have, so I can afford to be patient.

Dark Souls is nice indeed fellow GAFfer.

Still haven't finished it despite having finished Demon's Souls, ugh!

My Tactics:

4PdAx3z.gif

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I've got 60+ games on my wish list but I can't be bothered to post the link here. On the top is Skyrim Legendary version though

I've got 84 games on my wishlist. Unfortunately a lot of them never go on sale, or at least not for very much off. Still, I keep waiting for the day that they do.

Anything that's under 5 dollars with a metacritic rating of above 83, I'm probably going to buy. ANYTHING.

Fuck.

Yeah, I've already decided that I'm spending at least a $100 this time around. I've got a great backlog, but I don't care, lol. There are a lot of games I want to try out, and I'm buying them this sale even if I won't get around to playing them til months later.

I hope for these:
Rogue Legacy for 8€
Dark Souls for 8€
God Mode for 3€
Retro City Rampage for 3€
Sanctum 2 -50% for the 4-Pack
Payday 2 Preorder -20%

Any games i should consider buying?

Fuck.

In my experience the game FUEL proves that there is no such thing as a game too cheap not to buy.

My boyfriend paid £1.40 for it on Greenmangaming and he played it for about 15 minutes before pretty much losing the will to live. Just watching it made me feel like quitting gaming.

derFeef

In my experience the game FUEL proves that there is no such thing as a game too cheap not to buy.

My boyfriend paid £1.40 for it on Greenmangaming and he played it for about 15 minutes before pretty much losing the will to live. Just watching it made me feel like quitting gaming.

But FUEL is fantastic (if you like open world goodness with your mates) :p

Caerith

Dark Souls is nice indeed fellow GAFfer.

Still haven't finished it despite having finished Demon's Souls, ugh!

My Tactics:

4PdAx3z.gif
That is perfect.

I haven't finished Dark Souls yet, either. I beat Four Kings at SL1, decided to do the expansion stuff but got stuck on
Artorias
, then got distracted by some other games and never got back to it.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
I hope for these:
Rogue Legacy for 8€
Dark Souls for 8€
God Mode for 3€
Retro City Rampage for 3€
Sanctum 2 -50% for the 4-Pack
Payday 2 Preorder -20%

Any games i should consider buying?

Here i'm hoping for this

Fez %60 Off
Final Fantasy VII %50 Off
Borderlands 2 Season Pass %60 o whatever it is $9.99
Chivalry %75 Off
Torchlight 2 %75 Off
Surgeon Simulator %60 Off
Monaco %60 Off
Trials Evolution %60 Off

Some of these seem impossible, but who knows.

Salsa

it was one of the first games I got with my second and now current steam account and I played online with a bunch gaffers. Cant remember whom tho

Here i'm hoping for this

Fez %60 Off
Final Fantasy VII %50 Off
Borderlands 2 Season Pass %60 o whatever it is $9.99
Chivalry %75 Off
Torchlight 2 %75 Off
Surgeon Simulator %60 Off
Monaco %60 Off
Trials Evolution %60 Off

Some of these seem impossible, but who knows.

They are not impossible (besides FF7. Its SE we are talkinb about)

Most likely will be this : Fez -50%
FF7 : -25%
B2 SP : -50%
Chivalry -75%
Torchlight 2 -75%
Surgeon Simulator -50% or -66%
Monaco -50%
Trials -50% or -75%

I wouldn't expect a pre-purchase discount to appear, and to that end, Dunder is offering Payday 2 for $18 (standard)/$28 (DDE).

Thanks for the info. Gonna send him a pm.

Caerith

Salsa, are you going to do another of those "here's a bunch of overlooked games you can get for cheap on the last day" lists?

One game I think that's oft-overlooked is Emerald City Confidential. Adventure game from the guy who made Blackwell, was $3.99 (-60%) in the winter sale and might drop to $2.50 (-75%) in the summer sale, and it's really quite good even if nobody has heard of it.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
They are not impossible (besides FF7. Its SE we are talkinb about)

Most likely will be this : Fez -50%
FF7 : -25%
B2 SP : -50%
Chivalry -75%
Torchlight 2 -75%
Surgeon Simulator -50% or -66%
Monaco -50%
Trials -50% or -75%

You're right. I'm ok with these discounts too.
Also, now seeing my wishlist again, i'd like to add:

Singularity %75 Off
Timeshift %75 Off (This game never goes on sale)
The Club %75 Off

Oh well, anything is possible in Gaben's world.

anyway this Winter Seal will be more interesting for recently released or about to be released games such as D&D Chronicles of Mystara, Shadowrun, State of Decay, or even other games such as Far Cry 3, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Remember Me, DmC, RE6, RE: RE, and so on

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
What about games without a Metacritic store? Will you just give them the benefit of the doubt? :p
Yeah, probably.
Don't worry, you'll go far below a 83 Metacritic before the end of the sale :p
You're probably right.

Fuel added to my wishlist. I'm dead serious.

Really a charitable bunch you lot. I was complaining about the Euro pricing of Alice yesterday and I had three guys PM me to add them on Steam so that they could gift it to me.

Seriously, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom