• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I'm hoping for a 75% off on Fall of Cybertron but I frankly doubt it'll happen... Same deal with Rayman Origins.
I want that shit too, but not gonna happen. Not with that Publisher. Noncoincidentally they will likely never see any money from me for their transformers games.

DirtRiver

I doubt it will, but if it does, i might get it too. I liked what i saw on the giantbomb quicklook.

Early Access games have gone on sale before, I think it's likely they will this time again. I don't know that they will be great sales given the games aren't even released, but that they will go on sale seems like a given to me.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
Vr3gnYX.jpg

Awesome. :D

I want that shit too, but not gonna happen. Not with that Publisher. Noncoincidentally they will likely never see any money from me for their transformers games.
Another one I would like is 75% off Skyrim but not gonna happen either despite being 2 years of its release, it still stands as a top 10 seller on Steam. I want to pick up that freaking DLC 75% off or more.

Sadly, I'm fearing most of the sale will be plagued with 50% and 66% off with 75%s on the "same old" suspects.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
So if I wake up at Sale time, and pick out a few games, is that good enough for the day so I can go back to sleep? Or am I going to have to stay vigilant the entire day/week/weeks to pick up certain sales?

Caerith

I doubt you can get into it if you didn't on 360.
But it is worth a try... just follow this advice, unlikely my friend: Even if you want to play it vanilla, install the frigging unofficial patches. Seriously. The game's awfully bugged even with latest official patch.
Also, if you want to play hardcore mode, and don't mind modding, get J.E. Sawyer's mod (don't remember the name), makes it a bit closer to the original Fallouts and much harder (well, makes hardcore certainly more hardcore).
For New Vegas, all you need is the Mission Mojave mod (nothing but bug fixes) and to bookmark this page in case you encounter crashing (the engine it's built on is a piece of shit, you might need to use the iNumHWThreads part to prevent constant crashing).

I'd recommend the JESawyer mod for subsequent playthroughs, just stick to the bugfixes for your first time.

I'm pretty sure that the XP required to level is dictated by every 10th level. 1-10 is 100 xp per level, 11-20 is 200 xp and so on.
I meant how much xp you gain per badge level, not how much xp you need to level up. Apologies for ambiguity.

FloatOn

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, Oh Lord
I've been waiting for this moment, all my life, Oh Lord
Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, Oh Lord, Oh Lord...

I was trying to maintain a level of restraint on my excitement for the sale today but I just can't.

I want at least a 66% off on RE6 but preferably 75%

I just watched the mercenaries + left 4 dead 2 trailer earlier this week and it looks amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQjmWBtagag

Dingotech

So if I wake up at Sale time, and pick out a few games, is that good enough for the day so I can go back to sleep? Or am I going to have to stay vigilant the entire day/week/weeks to pick up certain sales?

If it's anything like the last few sales there will be flash sales over 6/12 hour periods, these change more than once per day obviously.

derExperte

Even if they bring back flash-deals they'll repeat often.

Divius

there will be random 10 minute flashdeals
no there won't

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Assuming the sale is run similarly to last year, there'll be two sets of Flash Sales (with a couple of hours different between them) and a Community's Choice poll that change over every 8 hours or so.

Thieve

Neo Member
For New Vegas, all you need is the Mission Mojave mod (nothing but bug fixes) and to bookmark this page in case you encounter crashing (the engine it's built on is a piece of shit, you might need to use the iNumHWThreads part to prevent constant crashing).

I'd recommend the JESawyer mod for subsequent playthroughs, just stick to the bugfixes for your first time.

I was also planning on finally picking up Fallout: New Vegas, thanks for that.

Anustart

Internet is back, and because of the good will of this awesome community, I'm doing the last give away that I can, and it might even be worth while with the sale!

First one to quote me gets my one and only mystery card!

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Internet is back, and because of the good will of this awesome community, I'm doing the last give away that I can, and it might even be worth while with the sale!

Yay!

The_Monk

What are a kind sir you are!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
my girlfriend is a girl but she use internet to watch greys anatomy and she hate guybrush
:((( and she doesnt read restaurant at the end of the space
Are you high?

Also, it's The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, not Space. I never finished it, so you will probably not want to date me.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Many obscure games will never see a slot in sales so I pick them up the first day anyway if they have a decent discount. If you're not familiar with what does/doesn't have a chance of going on sale though it's always better to wait until the last day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom