• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
maaaaaaaaan, that's not helping like at all
lol
you will be ones suffering if I buy it!
looks awesome

The thing is, there are plenty of things about it that suck, combat being the foremost, but with a good discount it's still totally worth it.

Can you imagine the Internet's collective blue balls if nothing happens at the scheduled time?

Nothing will happen at the scheduled time, because the servers will go kaboom for the first half hour at least.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I need someone stop me from buying Skyrim if it goes on sale. Can you do this for me?

Don't buy that overrated nonsense. Terrible combat, terrible itemization and loot, terrible level scaling, bad dungeon design, boring ass questing, big ass boring world full of the same shit around every corner, broken ass overpowered crafting and Bethesda continues to nerf game systems. Boo that game.

Anyone want to start a Divorce Pool for me?

I'll start. My wife will file for divorce me on...July 24th...

(July 24th will be the day Skyrim Legendary Edition is on sale for 50% off...believe)
On the flipside, my wife gave me a few of her 360 games to add to my trade pile for GameStop to buy Steam Wallet cards so we can both be ready for the sale.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
props.

everyone post song lyrics that best capture your summer sale feel.
Easy: "Mr. Blue Sky" - ELO

The clear sky and bright sun are a metaphor for the Steam sale.

Best Genesis is Lamb Lies Down on Broadway Genesis. But I completely agree that Calling (and Ray Wilson) didn't deserve the shit it got.
I can barely stand that album. Some songs are fine, such as "Counting out time", "The chamber of 32 doors" and "The cage", but the album as a whole isn't too enjoyable. I prefer Foxtrot, Trespass and Selling England by the Pound (Nursery Cryme is the worst of the Gabriel era, in my opinion).

Nothing can beat A Trick of the Tail, nothing. Pure goodness in musical form.

FloatOn

Don't buy that overrated nonsense. Terrible combat, terrible itemization and loot, terrible level scaling, bad dungeon design, boring ass questing, big ass boring world full of the same shit around every corner, broken ass overpowered crafting and Bethesda continues to nerf game systems. Boo that game.

can you possibly say "ass" more?

dark brotherhood quests alone were worth the price of admission.

Arthea

yeah I can agree with that. elder scrolls has had pretty lame combat. skyrim is a little better because of the two hand bioshock style fighting. It still lacks weight though.

totally get dark souls before skyrim if you don't already have it.

but, the quests and world itself in skyrim is something that should be experienced by everyone.

yet to play Demon's Souls (PSN plus), too early for Dark Souls. BTW which one is better in your opinion?

Elratauru

Neo Member
Does Capcom discount DLC when they have sales or is it only the main game usually?

I remember them discounting DLC's too, but Capcom is not the best company when it comes to discounts in their main games, there are some good offers sometimes though.

Hmm. Wake up at 2am when the sale starts(Australia) and check the first lot of sales or stay asleep and check it at 6am when i get up for work. If its anything like the last sale I definitely won't miss anything by checking it at 6am yet I am still tempted to wake up for 30mins at 2am to have a look.

FloatOn

yet to play Demon's Souls (PSN plus), too early for Dark Souls. BTW which one is better in your opinion?

I haven't played Demon's. I hear they are both about equal. They are not really connected in any way so I would go ahead and get on Dark Souls especially if it gets a decent discount.

Get ready for Dark Souls 2.

Hofmann

I preferred the mechanics in The Swapper and the lack of pretentious writing.

I agree with the writing part, but the puzzles are still unbeatable. The way it gradually introduces fresh new elements to the core mechanics up to the end could only be compared to recently released Antichamber, but Antichamber is less constrained by the initial design concept, so it's not quite the same.

Addnan

Hmm. Wake up at 2am when the sale starts(Australia) and check the first lot of sales or stay asleep and check it at 6am when i get up for work. If its anything like the last sale I definitely won't miss anything by checking it at 6am yet I am still tempted to wake up for 30mins at 2am to have a look.

Stay wake! There could be something price incorrectly.

DrTeflon

joining the fun

gaf2tyosl.jpg

I'm in the same boat (Japan). I'm just gonna wake up at 6am and check the store then. It's getting really hot here and I have a busy day at work, so sleep is more important.

Gaben, don't smite me.

Same. I was hoping for an early night due to the cricket...but now stuff is happening and I know I'll get trapped in the middle of staying up or going to bed.

I prefer the structure of Demon's, but I prefer the weaponry in Dark. I can honestly say they're both just as good.

Having replayed both recently, Dark Souls is better than Demon Souls in pretty much every way. However I still much prefer Demon Souls because I played it first...and it was a magical gaming experience.

Arthea

Having replayed both recently, Dark Souls is better than Demon Souls in pretty much every way. However I still much prefer Demon Souls because I played it first...and it was a magical gaming experience.

That's what I thought too, better to play first game first

Caerith

Demon's Souls had better level design, but Dark Souls had better world design. All told, there's no reason not to play both.

Get on with the sale already!

off topic: Bioshock Infinite is 57% off today at greenmangaming. With the voucher code it's 77% off!! Sorry if this has been said already. Doubt that Gabe will offer the game any cheaper during the steam seal.

Demon's Souls had better level design, but Dark Souls had better world design. All told, there's no reason not to play both.

Would have to agree. The last 1/3 of Dark Souls in particular was pretty crap.

But above all else they are both amazing.

off topic: Bioshock Infinite is 57% off today at greenmangaming. With the voucher code it's 77% off!! Sorry if this has been said already. Doubt that Gabe will offer the game any cheaper during the steam seal.

Umm, not quite.

How much is it for Americans?

oipic

I was hoping for an early night due to the cricket...but now stuff is happening and I know I'll get trapped in the middle of staying up or going to bed.

I hear ya, brother - early-to-bed strategy has been turned upside-down by 'Ashes' Agar's heroics - I just hope the young lad doesn't miss out on finally picking up Dark Souls at a great sale price as a result, he has been after it for weeks (and I hear he has all ten mystery cards, too). Priorities!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

That's roughly 66% off. Percentages don't stack like that. 60% off for me with voucher (USA).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

That's not how percentages work. 20% off of the already discounted price isn't the same as 77% off of the original price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom