• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
W3fhrVl.jpg

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I can feel it coming in the air tonight, Oh Lord
I've been waiting for this moment, all my life, Oh Lord
Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, Oh Lord, Oh Lord...
<3 you.

Phil Collins' Genesis is best Genesis. And Calling All Stations is a damn fine album too.

I know, that's a Collins solo song, but still...

Recall

I buy the games at a price I'm willing to pay, if it suddenly jumps even lower it doesn't bother me. The price felt right at the time so I don't beat myself over the change.

Xater

Has there ever been a case of an erroneous general sale discount? The few examples that come to mind all occurred when the games were due to have a temporary deeper discount.

Wasn't Sleeping Dogs deeply discounted not too long ago because of an error?

You can also do it. Simply file a ticket with GMG.
Here: https://greenmangaming.zendesk.com/home#recent

Thanks. Gonna see if Dunder still offers it for cheap and then contact GMG.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Rainy day and Summer Seal. Could this day be any more perfect?

Yes, yes it could. But sadly Emma Watson doesn't know my address yet, and I'd be too busy buying games anyway to pay her any attention.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
What's the best way to take advantage of the sale via phone? Can I do it through the steam app or do I gotta go on the browser?

DOA

You need a complete set of cards to craft a badge. You can visit the badges section of your profile to see what you're missing. Games only offer a limited amount of drops, so you'll need to trade for/purchase the rest.

i think the limit is usually half of the complete set (rounded up)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wasn't Sleeping Dogs deeply discounted not too long ago because of an error?

Yeah, but it was a Daily at the time (part of the Winter Sale encore). I don't think there's ever been a case of a general sale discount being too high, so pricing errors by default fall into the "Wait for the ..." rule.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
i think the limit is usually half of the complete set (rounded up)

Yep, and with F2P games you can spend $9 in the in-game store to earn another drop, but it's obviously far wiser to just buy the cards themselves from the Steam Market. (It really ought to be $9 per drop set, at the least.)

bengraven

Anyone want to start a Divorce Pool for me?

I'll start. My wife will file for divorce me on...July 24th...

(July 24th will be the day Skyrim Legendary Edition is on sale for 50% off...believe)

I don't thinks so, I dislike tES so much it borders on unhealthy. Prime example of horrible combat imo. I raged for weeks trying to play Morrowind, you need to stop me, believe it!

I bought it, I played it, I hated it. It is a terrible game that demonstrates everything wrong with modern AAA gaming and what passes for RPG design.

But you can get Randy Savage dragons in the PC version. So yeah, you should buy it.

FloatOn

I don't think so, I dislike tES so much it borders on unhealthy. Prime example of horrible combat imo. I raged for weeks trying to play Morrowind, you need to stop me, believe it!

yeah I can agree with that. elder scrolls has had pretty lame combat. skyrim is a little better because of the two hand bioshock style fighting. It still lacks weight though.

totally get dark souls before skyrim if you don't already have it.

but, the quests and world itself in skyrim is something that should be experienced by everyone.

oipic

I need someone stop me from buying Skyrim if it goes on sale. Can you do this for me?

I think you're in the wrong place for that, Arthea! You'll find plenty of support in here, and a lot of educated and well-intentioned good advice... but during a sale, it's most likely to be limited to when to buy, and, perhaps, at what price, but with Skyrim, I think the safe answer is 'buy it' (but wait for the daily deal).

derExperte

I don't think so, I dislike tES so much it borders on unhealthy. Prime example of horrible combat imo. I raged for weeks trying to play Morrowind, you need to stop me, believe it!

I'm sorry but in 4hrs it's every man and woman for him- or herself. How can we help you when we can't even help ourselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom