• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
And now, Lifehacker proper.

Sweet Jesus there are a lot of people hitting my website at the moment.

On the one hand I hope you get hired by Valve because you deserve it and the Steam client needs you, but on the other hand it's really nice to have people outside of Valve do things that they won't (because we all know they totally can do them, it's not like counting the 3 or something.)

JakeD

Couldn't resist infinite for $24. And I didn't even get to use my steambucks.... I have a feeling this is gonna get ugly

imBask

Banned
What an overlook, it should be in top 5 on your list in that case.

oh man if I play another indie 2d platformer I think i'm going to be sick, too many of them

I know Braid is praised everywhere and i'm not denying the fact that it's a good game, i'm just done with indie 2d platformers

KarmaCow

Does the Steam app have unique layouts for the Summer Sale? It's kinda annoying to find the Midweek/Weekend and Daily deals on the app right now and I'm hoping I can catch some sales using the app today.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
On the one hand I hope you get hired by Valve because you deserve it and the Steam client needs you, but on the other hand it's really nice to have people outside of Valve do things that they won't (because we all know they totally can do them, it's not like counting the 3 or something.)

Actually, I think that's exactly why Valve won't hire me (trust me, I've tried about everything I know). While they're generally "excited about Enhanced Steam and like to see people using their product in new, interesting ways" (their quote) I think adding things like pricing history and links to their competition probably rubs them the wrong way.

Yay I woke up this morning to find out I got a mention on Lifehacker in India.

Gonna be a good day.

And now, Lifehacker proper.

Sweet Jesus there are a lot of people hitting my website at the moment.

Yay! :D

Or is it? Do you get anything out of this other than the satisfaction of doing a good job? Or will this just mean extra work and hassle?

Oh and i has another request for when you work at Valve please. I wish to be able to categorise my Wishlist rather than just have one long list. So for example:

i wants this nao!!!
i wants this when it's uber cheap
i already has this but would like the convenience of it being native on Steam
i wants this at 'x' price etc

Why can't we assign different tags to list items? That used to be all the rage a few years ago didn't it? That's fallen out of fashion now I presume.

EDIT - oh and I meant to say that I shall be making good use of Enhance Steam during the Seal to see if the Seal prices are actually an historically good deal or not :). So thanks in advance for probably saving me spacebucks.

The_Monk

Fellow GAFfers we are just about one Lord of The Rings movie until the sale Starts!

Vez5XH3.gif

PriitV

Does the Steam app have unique layouts for the Summer Sale? It's kinda annoying to find the Midweek/Weekend and Daily deals on the app right now and I'm hoping I can catch some sales using the app today.

I'd like to say it did one time.. but then again, I haven't used the app in so long as it's just horrible.

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member

The summer sale games will show up on the mobile app. I believe there are special tabs for them on the app (at least that is what I am remembering from Winter sale)

ElyrionX

This whole converting the game to a new more efficient format thing is really annoying. My friends invited me to play L4D2 but now I got to wait for it to update. They couldn't have told me about this shit earlier when Steam was on and idle all the time?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yay! :D

Or is it? Do you get anything out of this other than the satisfaction of doing a good job? Or will this just mean extra work and hassle?

Oh and i has another request for when you work at Valve please. I wish to be able to categorise my Wishlist rather than just have one long list. So for example:

i wants this nao!!!
i wants this when it's uber cheap
i already has this but would like the convenience of it being native on Steam
i wants this at 'x' price etc

Why can't we assign different tags to list items? That used to be all the rage a few years ago didn't it? That's fallen out of fashion now I presume.

I don't really get anything out of it, but I've found that the more people that use Enhanced Steam, the better the feature suggestions get.

The "extra work and hassle" is negligible - very few people contact me for support and those that do usually have the exact same question as the guy before him.

And I'll keep that in mind for when I'm working there. ;)

FloatOn

oh man if I play another indie 2d platformer I think i'm going to be sick, too many of them

I know Braid is praised everywhere and i'm not denying the fact that it's a good game, i'm just done with indie 2d platformers

It's more puzzle game than 2d platformer.

javadots

Banned
This whole converting the game to a new more efficient format thing is really annoying. My friends invited me to play L4D2 but now I got to wait for it to update. They couldn't have told me about this shit earlier when Steam was on and idle all the time?

I agree

Hofmann

I usually don't like 2D puzzle platformers, but Braid is a big exception to this rule - it's one of the best games I played in the last decade.

jshackles

Steam needs a way to add funds to somebody else's account.

Your wallet should stay full my friend.

I hate to pimp myself out but there is a donation page. Donations typically go towards server costs and promotion. What's left over goes into my Steam library. :)

Turfster

Man, some people are really gaming the card system.
This guy has been lowering the graph prices of a foil by selling it 4 times in a row, as far I can see. I seriously doubt he had 4 drops, and it's not like he could have bought cards cheaper to flip...

Nalsh

People recommending Fez - I've been wanting to play it but I heard the PC port is pretty shitty. Have those issues been resolved?

jshackles

Man, some people are really gaming the card system.
This guy has been lowering the graph prices of a foil by selling it 4 times in a row, as far I can see. I seriously doubt he had 4 drops, and it's not like he could have bought cards cheaper to flip...

Maybe he's buying up boosters (like - a lot of them!) and selling the foils as profit?

Tak3n

Banned
It is known.

I'm about to fight the last boss.

helpful hint: spellsword + flame barrier = god mode

If you like Rogue Legacy can I recommend UnEpic, it is the same dungeon crawler type game, however UnEpic is 20 hours long, but it does have the RL feel to it, albeit a damn site easier....

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I'm probably at 150 cards without a foil drop. Two people I invited to the beta got them as their first card. I don't even care about the money, it's the principle that bugs me now.

Fuck RNG so hard

jshackles

Could you make the next version of Enhanced Steam clean all the dust out of my PC? :D

Sure.

function CleanDust() {
set CPUFanSpeed = 100000%;
}

Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom