• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
didn't tony get banned from cheap ass gamer or something

what's wrong with that guy, he's got a job that should make everyone like him but he (allegedly) keeps fucking that up

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
One question. Do you know when will the updated firefox version will be available?

Mozilla is weird about updates. After having my code not be approved for the last 3 months, I was finally able to satisfy them and let them update to version 2.9.

Because of the several iterations before it that didn't meet their specification, the code is now flagged for "Full Review" which could take a while.

If it passes full review, I should be able to start making updates more quickly in the future.

Shadybiz

Did you already know how to play or are you still a beginner? I'm picking up guitar myself and was curious how others feel about Rocksmith as a supplement to learning.

Excellent supplement to learning. It gives you notes to the song gradually. As you start to hit them correctly, it gives you more and more until you're effectively playing the whole song. It's great for building finger dexterity, and learning to play without looking at the guitar. I am a beginner myself, but I feel that I get just a little bit better every time I play Rocksmith.

You also NEVER fail out of a song. It's a good design choice, as that would be very discouraging for a new player.

MikeDown

Banned
That is still about $10 too much for Infinite for me, but I might get some smaller games on Amazon with that voucher, unless Steam does a 90% off on some of them, then it's cheaper there.
I got infinite for $30 at launch through amazon's rewards service. The secret is to eat at restaurants alot, add points and redeem for discounts Repeat for infinite discounts!

Exuro

Excellent supplement to learning. It gives you notes to the song gradually. As you start to hit them correctly, it gives you more and more until you're effectively playing the whole song. It's great for building finger dexterity, and learning to play without looking at the guitar. I am a beginner myself, but I feel that I get just a little bit better every time I play Rocksmith.

You also NEVER fail out of a song. It's a good design choice, as that would be very discouraging for a new player.
This sounds good. I wish the adapter would go on sale. I always wanted to pull out my old squier and try learning again.

javadots

Banned
lol what? Dark souls is better.

tFdO5ET.gif

Atruvius

Added 50€ to my Steam account. I'm ready for the sales. I spent around 40€ during last sales so a fiddy should be plenty. There better be lots of nice price errors. :p

smr00

Banned
Hey I put a lot of time into that game. Because my HDD died, I lost my progress in Demons Souls, Fallout 3, and Skyrim. Still haven't got back into those games :(
I know that feel.

This happened to me twice on Skyrim and once on Fallout 3. First i bought Skyrim on PS3 at launch (didn't own a PC, wasn't a PC gamer at the time) and put around 70ish hours and that PS3 bug or shitty coding or whatever the problem was happened and made it unplayable and the next day my HDD was wiped, losing most current game saves because i backed up my PS3 once a month and didn't do cloud saving.

Second time was Skyrim on 360. Same thing happened, i put about 60-70 hours in it and something happened to the 360 and my saves were gone including my FO3 save which was a good 100 hours.

I just can't bring myself to play these games right now because i invested so much time but i do now use cloud saving and back up local saving every other day onto a external drive from my PC just in-case.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?

I have the PS3 version, do you know if the cable that came with that would work on the PC version of the game?

XShagrath

Personally I'm hoping for a Rocksmith DLC sale. That shit never goes on sale.
I just grabbed this on PC last month, and I'd totally love to pick up some DLC on sale as well. I've put in 12 hours or so thus far, and actually went and put in an order for a new guitar yesterday. Super excited to get a good instrument to play with, as my current one is a piece of shit.

Hope this works.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Frozen Synapse -- MB-E338FE610D21B813 - Taken by nacimento
SpaceChem -- MB-760A4D5DED3396A5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom