• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Elratauru

Neo Member
I'm probably at 150 cards without a foil drop. Two people I invited to the beta got them as their first card. I don't even care about the money, it's the principle that bugs me now.

Fuck RNG so hard

I crafted a few badges already, got tons of cards, not even one foil card :(
Hell, Foil badges feel so far away with those kind of card prices.

Just as a reminder...if you want to get a different overview besides price for the damage from the upcoming sale, take a screenshot or something of your Steam Playtime page, and compare it after to what it is after the sale.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I love steam sales but honestly I don't even know what I'd want to get right now.

derExperte

Just as a reminder...if you want to get a different overview besides price for the damage from the upcoming sale, take a screenshot or something of your Steam Playtime page, and compare it after to what it is after the sale.

10000hr or 11000hrs, doesn't matter anymore. :(

And I just bought Animal Crossing + Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros for 30€ a piece which is a great deal but doesn't help my backlog at all.

smr00

Banned
Going to Best Buy on lunch for a Steam wallet card. Only question is: $50 or $100?
Both, duh!

I picked up a $50 a few days ago and a $100 yesterday. Was going to pick up another one today but decided to just add money through my debit because i am off today and i don't plan on leaving my sofa unless my house is on fire.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Personally I'm hoping for a Rocksmith DLC sale. That shit never goes on sale.

I'm probably at 150 cards without a foil drop. Two people I invited to the beta got them as their first card. I don't even care about the money, it's the principle that bugs me now.

Fuck RNG so hard

My first card was a Spitter foil for L4D2. But thats my only steam card game and havent got any drops since. Im not really attached to it if you want to trade for a mystery card and some doubles you might have.

Metalmarc

"Give me steam
And how you feel to make it real
Real as anything you've seen
Get a life with this dreamer's dream

You know your culture from your trash
You know your plastic from your cash
When I lose sight of the track
You know the way back
But I know you"

GIVE ME STEAM

http://youtu.be/Qt87bLX7m_o

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
If you like Rogue Legacy can I recommend UnEpic, it is the same dungeon crawler type game, however UnEpic is 20 hours long, but it does have the RL feel to it, albeit a damn site easier....

I'd recommend UnEpic too but it's very different from Rogue Legacy, so I don't want to confuse anyone. I'm at 80% completion at the moment. The dungeon layout, monsters and treasure are persistent, not randomized. Death is not permanent; you save and reload from a single save point (and/or autosave on easier difficulties) and the only punishment for death is enemies respawning and losing your progress since last save.

It is a good game though. Feels very old school, and the pacing is much slower, more RPG/dungeon crawler and less action than Rogue Legacy. The bosses are pretty cool, too. It has no roguelike qualities, though.

The_Monk

I expect card prices to drop after there's no incentive to hoard mystery cards.

How much of these Mystery Cards are GAFfers keeping?

Right now I just want some A.R.E.S Cards but I can't wait to see what those Mystery Cards are. I think it's the way Valve described them that makes me so curious: Very Mysterious! Hmm, you might keep them! WHO KNOWS! Tags: Mysterious

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Did you already know how to play or are you still a beginner? I'm picking up guitar myself and was curious how others feel about Rocksmith as a supplement to learning.

I find it to be a great tool and you see progress on how you learn to play and your hands get used to playing on faster speeds do more notes etc. IMO its a great game but music selection could be a bit better.

jshackles

Did you already know how to play or are you still a beginner? I'm picking up guitar myself and was curious how others feel about Rocksmith as a supplement to learning.

Actually I just ordered it myself. The bundle with the PC software and guitar. It'll arrive today but I'm excited because I've heard good things.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
My first card was a Spitter foil for L4D2. But thats my only steam card game and havent got any drops since. Im not really attached to it if you want to trade for a mystery card and some doubles you might have.
Thanks for the offer, but I need the foil from Gaben himself to feel acknowledged and loved.

10000hr or 11000hrs, doesn't matter anymore. :(

Hah. I guess so. Once you have so many games that you could never reasonably play them all, why not keep collecting even more?

(Money, I guess, might be a consideration there, but hey, Steam Sales. =P)

Snagged Bioshock Infinite off of GMG for $24.00. That just leaves a few indie games that look good for this Steam sale for me.

r3n4ud

Right now I just want some A.R.E.S Cards but I can't wait to see what those Mystery Cards are. I think it's the way Valve described them that makes me so curious: Very Mysterious! Hmm, you might keep them! WHO KNOWS! Tags: Mysterious

Well, I bought the complete set yesterday. Mostly for the shits and giggles. But who knows, might be worth it!

I find it to be a great tool and you see progress on how you learn to play and your hands get used to playing on faster speeds do more notes etc. IMO its a great game but music selection could be a bit better.

Actually I just ordered it myself. The bundle with the PC software and guitar. It'll arrive today but I'm excited because I've heard good things.

Yeah, the Giant Bomb Quick Look got my interest but I never got around to getting it. Might do so soon if the stuff is on sale.

Caerith

Common (speculative) wisdom is to collect one of each, so 10 mystery cards or thereabouts.

I've gotten one foil since it started (the first one from Psychonauts) but no booster. I have 8 games that I've finished getting card drops from too. I figure it'll happen eventually.
I only got one booster from a game i didn't even crafted a badge...Psychonauts i think.

I tried to hoard them, but i'm to lazy to put money on the steam wallet just for cards, so i just crafted badges 2 times, so i have 2 mystery cards now. Incredibly curious about how they're going to be used.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Amazon Video Games said:
We've decided to spice up the Digital Video Games Summer Sale with an additional 15% off coupon code. Type "Gooncave" into your order confirmation page prior to checkout and you'll receive an additional 15% off!

Tony is scared! Strike now Gaben!

I don't really get anything out of it, but I've found that the more people that use Enhanced Steam, the better the feature suggestions get.

The "extra work and hassle" is negligible - very few people contact me for support and those that do usually have the exact same question as the guy before him.

And I'll keep that in mind for when I'm working there. ;)

Well good and thanks :). Enjoy the Seal!

smr00

Banned
Tony is scared!
Only 1 time per account.

Luckily i have access to my sisters account and moms account, i will do what i did last time and just throw my debit card on their account and do it 3 times. COME AT ME TONY!
please don't come at me tony

Also, what are the 3 new free indie games? They said they were changing out The Maw, Icarus and that other game out today.

That is still about $10 too much for Infinite for me, but I might get some smaller games on Amazon with that voucher, unless Steam does a 90% off on some of them, then it's cheaper there.

The_Monk

How many of them creates a Set of Mystery Cards fellow GAFfers? And how do I know which ones from the Set I have?

Sorry for the little side-topic and if this question been answered too many times!

Dark Souls is nice indeed fellow GAFfer.

Still haven't finished it despite having finished Demon's Souls, ugh!

My Tactics:

4PdAx3z.gif
I love the Souls series. I was 30 hrs into Demon's Souls and my HDD died. I wasn't motivated to start again. But Dark Souls is even better

But it was those games that got me hooked on challenging games. I wouldn't have been interested in SMB, Super Hexagon, Dont Starve, etc if not for the Souls games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom