• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

XShagrath

I have the PS3 version, do you know if the cable that came with that would work on the PC version of the game?
The cables are universal. I'm using the cable from my 360 version on the PC version with no problems. As long as you have a RealTone cable from any of their releases, you're good.

Lint21

Neo Member
It's times like this I'm very thankful for the Steam mobile app. Summer Sale is starting in 2.75 hours, and I'm about to embark on a 12-hour road trip.

conman

Did you already know how to play or are you still a beginner? I'm picking up guitar myself and was curious how others feel about Rocksmith as a supplement to learning.
As a guitar player of 25+ years: Rocksmith is a fine supplement, but shouldn't be a central part of your practicing. The reason? Even in the best of hardware/software environments, there's enough delay introduced that it can fundamentally ingrain very poor timing.

He is coming!!!!!
AU7Amsc.gif

I can already feel the clouds spreading and hear the music starting to play

Just ignore him, he can't actually formulate arguments to support his opinions. See above .
Wait? People prefer Demons' Souls? I loved Demons' Souls, nothing will be as satisfying as beating Phalanx and Tower Knight on my first try or those survival horror esque moment of exploring the Tower of ...??? (that Prison with squid face guards)

But IMO Darks Souls has better enemy design (my favorite aspect of either game), a more tense atmosphere due to it being open world, more interesting online aspects due to covenants, better graphics, more interesting places to discover

And if I haven't lost my progress, which is probably why I like it more

imBask

Banned
Roger that, I'll continue watching South Park then.

terrible plan, you should be :

-stocking on food
-moving your computer to the bathroom
-cleaning your f5 key, make sure it won't get stuck
-selling your useless organs
-selling your useless relatives

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
The cables are universal. I'm using the cable from my 360 version on the PC version with no problems. As long as you have a RealTone cable from any of their releases, you're good.

Right on man! Thanks!

Do you think the PC version is superior to the console releases? What made you swap?

I wanna switch because I think playing in my computer chair would be nicer, but if the game is actually better that would be awesome.

I have silly adult things to do after work concerning buying a house.

Then I gotta put a bunch of stuff on eBay.

I hope I have some time tonight to enjoy the sale.

terrible plan, you should be :

-stocking on food
-moving your computer to the bathroom
-cleaning your f5 key, make sure it won't get stuck
-selling your useless organs
-selling your useless relatives

One useless organ = 1000 indie games
Yeah that's just crazy enough to work.

Shadybiz

I have the PS3 version, do you know if the cable that came with that would work on the PC version of the game?

It definitely will. I had the 360 version, but double-dipped for the PC version, because my pc is in the same room as my guitar setup. Cable worked just fine.

Edit: Whoop, already answered.

KarmaCow

What's the obsession with being ready to nab a game the moment the sale goes live? I shant remind people how stock works on Steam :p

Well keys can run out but there is also the possibility of pricing errors, like recently with the Sonic Franchise pack going on sale by mistake.

I'm surprised nobody posted that "It's happening" gif. Unless it's a bannable offense.

Anyway, I'm a bit skeptic on what we'll see during the opening of the sale. I just hope this time around they thought whatever meta game they'll do with those mystery cards so people don't try to exploit the system and things go to hell 2 days in. Or earlier. Because they WILL try to exploit the system as much as they can if free games are involved.

Therion

Right on man! Thanks!

Do you think the PC version is superior to the console releases? What made you swap?

I wanna switch because I think playing in my computer chair would be nicer, but if the game is actually better that would be awesome.

I've not played on console, but I hear that loading times are much faster on PC, you have the possibility of less input lag (depending on your specific setup), and you have access to custom songs.

The_Monk

I have, in fact, always been wondering why The_Monk uses "fellow gaffer" in almost every single one of his posts.

It's just a way to be polite to be honest. We are a great Community but we are also a big one. From all the threads, console wars, Steam Sales, and many others we can see all type of people posting. Some are just too rude, get banned, and only think of themselves.

Some people are just way too negative and only focus on bad things, others are kind and generous, some like to reply all the time with Gifs while others prefer a more lenghty answer. I'm the type that likes to be polite (I never cursed on GAF, not even once!), like to help others and I truly believe we are the best Community Gaming related.

I always feel a bit upset when I see people raging at others just because people share different opinions and not always they use the best terms to prove their point. I also hate racism and any other type of discrimination and phobia when directed to others. Because we have strict rules, GAF can have more respectfull users but it's not always like that. I do my part and I'm proud to be part of GAF and to talk with a great group of fellow GAFfers.

metalshade

Phil Collins appreciation a few pages ago?
This thread is my favourite thread on the citadel.
Now if only Sting and the Police were still around.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom