• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyzero

Banned
Are you ready for a miracle?

iEQgBJBksaUaa.gif

javadots

Banned
It's just a way to be polite to be honest. We are a great Community but we are also a big one. From all the threads, console wars, Steam Sales, and many others we can see all type of people posting. Some are just too rude, get banned, and only think of themselves.

Some people are just way too negative and only focus on bad things, others are kind and generous, some like to reply all the time with Gifs while others prefer a more lenghty answer. I'm the type that likes to be polite (I never cursed on GAF, not even once!), like to help others and I truly believe we are the best Community Gaming related.

I always feel a bit upset when I see people raging at others just because people share different opinions and not always they use the best terms to prove their point. I also hate racism and any other type of discrimination and phobia when directed to others. Because we have strict rules, GAF can have more respectfull users but it's not always like that. I do my part and I'm proud to be part of GAF and to talk with a great group of fellow GAFfers.

I agree. This community is pretty rad and you are part of what makes it that way.

Dawg

It's just a way to be polite to be honest. We are a great Community but we are also a big one. From all the threads, console wars, Steam Sales, and many others we can see all type of people posting. Some are just too rude, get banned, and only think of themselves.

Some people are just way too negative and only focus on bad things, others are kind and generous, some like to reply all the time with Gifs while others prefer a more lenghty answer. I'm the type that likes to be polite (I never cursed on GAF, not even once!), like to help others and I truly believe we are the best Community Gaming related.

I always feel a bit upset when I see people raging at others just because people share different opinions and not always they use the best terms to prove their point. I also hate racism and any other type of discrimination and phobia when directed to others. Because we have strict rules, GAF can have more respectfull users but it's not always like that. I do my part and I'm proud to be part of GAF and to talk with a breat group of fellow GAFfers.

That was... a great post fellow GAFfer.

ziadoz

Neo Member
I'm probably at 150 cards without a foil drop. Two people I invited to the beta got them as their first card. I don't even care about the money, it's the principle that bugs me now.

Fuck RNG so hard

I was one of those lucky enough to get a foil on my first drop, just as I was finishing up Alan Wake (I ended up selling it for $1.75 on the market). At least an RNG is fair, much fairer than being able to idle a game and get drops, hopefully they change that at some point.

So, I saw at a local retailer Resident Evil Op Racoon City at 10€ and I decided to buy it.

But only after getting to work and eventually opening the box I noticed the game is GFWL. How screwed am I?

XShagrath

Right on man! Thanks!

Do you think the PC version is superior to the console releases? What made you swap?

I wanna switch because I think playing in my computer chair would be nicer, but if the game is actually better that would be awesome.

I switched because it was cheap (and it also had the bass option, in case I ever get in to that). Secondly (although I haven't messed with it yet) is the plethora of custom songs available. There are hundreds of customs out there, and a good bit of them have upgradable difficulty levels just like the official songs.

Wunder

~2 hours and 20 minutes but the site will probably be hammered for the first hour so it might take a while for everything to really get going for most people.

Thanks! I remember daily deals and such updating around that time for me, so that makes sense. Looking forward to it, I think I'll stay up.

nictron

Most people who have been here the longest had Half-Life 2 as their first Steam game.

That was the first game to require the client.

I thought that it was Counter Strike that first required the Steam client and dear god was it broken. I wish I still had that account. That was well before the store.

smr00

Banned
I just got to work and am doing the exact same thing.

I'm sure it's something I ate.
Yup, i ate a burrito from a shady cart the other day and i have been paying for that mistake since about 4:30am.

Since then i have drank almost 2 big bottles of pepto, i am sure that's horrible for me but i don't even care.

Giontatas26

Neo Member
Can someone give me a bit of a rundown on how the cards work? I've collected a few from Isaac but that's all so far.

Worth playing any of the games just for cards?

Thanks guys!

The_Monk

Can someone give me a bit of a rundown on how the cards work? I've collected a few from Isaac but that's all so far.

Worth playing any of the games just for cards?

Thanks guys!

There's a very good post made by JaseC, I believe. If some kind can find it please link to this sir.

I bought/have Far Cry 3 on Steam, but when I actually play it it opens Uplay first. Can I still buy the DLC through Steam, or do I have to buy it on Uplay?

smr00

Banned
Most people who have been here the longest had Half-Life 2 as their first Steam game.

That was the first game to require the client.
I only bought that gold pack thing way, way, way back in the day because it came with CSS and the CSS beta.

I remember the first time playing the CSS beta on de_dust and was blown away at how good it looked compared to 1.5/1.6 to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom