• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working and drinking this awful orange cream soda:

994226_10151577033503515_174646297_n.jpg

One day I just wanna travel through the United States to drink and eat the most unhealthy things I can find.

Dawg

>>>> Awesomeness <<<<

--------------

I'm that silly gal who likes to spend money.

--------------

Track of the week #106 :3
Got ham?

Yup, she's a gamer gurl all right, I can tell by the usage of ":3" and "I'm that silly gal" and the randomness of "Got ham?"

vixlar

I made my steam account December 2004, when HL2 was supposed to be released and was promptly delayed. AMD (then ATi) ran a promo where you got HL2 when purchasing a Radeon 9600 Pro/XT or XTPE card.

Due to the delay, Valve gave everyone free copies of all their current games. Steam was utter shit back then. The client was atrocious.

9 years on and I'm 5 games short of 800. This sale isn't going to help that number.

A brother!!!!

I installed Steam for the same reason with the same promo on the same video card! T_T

And yes, Steam was awful back then, and I thought "this have no future".

Later, my PC broke, I bought a cheap laptop and I didn't think about PC games for a long time. When I decided to return to PC gaming, I installed Steam (very famous by then) and... HL2 was there for me to download!!! It was beautiful!

metalshade

That is why I think I'm going to pick up Advent Rising.

Majesco is going to fold or Valve will run out of keys eventually. Either way, we are out an underrated title.

Thanks for bringing that game to my attention the other day Grief, I would have missed it entirely otherwise. Hope it gets discounted, if not, I might just buy it anyways.
I love anything scifi, and obscure games often have fascinating lores or theories, so its right up my street.

Milamber

A brother!!!!

I installed Steam for the same reason with the same promo on the same video card! T_T

And yes, Steam was awful back then, and I thought "this have no future".

Later, my PC broke, I bought a cheap laptop and I didn't think about PC games for a long time. When I decided to return to PC gaming, I installed Steam (very famous by then) and... HL2 was there for me to download!!! It was beautiful!
Is it racist that I somehow read this in a Russian accent?

One day I just wanna travel through the United States to drink and eat the most unhealthy things I can find.
Double Down FTW! (Do they even still make those?)

I guess cause I'm relative to new to forums in general, I'm still a bit wowed by the fact that it's not just a US community, but a global community. (I don't played online MP either)

I bought my HL2 copy at launch and came with a poster so my account is 8 years old. Several of my friends bought it with me but they've since lost their passes and havent bothered rejoining. :(

Oh. You should be well-suited with Number Theory then. Screw going college pace, you're supposed to impress your professors and outshine everyone else in class by being well-established with the material already. Then you're able to get professor recommendations for internships. Has doubt ever crossed you as to whether mathematics interests you? I was doing pre-med but I couldn't keep my hands off the keyboard and as a result I didn't do too good in pre-med because I loved programming more.

I never thought I would see the words Number Theory in this topic :p

Now I like this Steam thread even more (yeah, I'm studying Number Theory ^^).

Oh god WHY?! WHHHY?! I have to save up for a vacation in two weeks, I can't have a steam sale happening now, I just CAN'T! Shin Megami Tensei IV or...50 bucks for steam sale?! Blaaargh, there can be only one! (I'm totally gonna break and do both. Damn it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom