• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is WWZ I know

wwz___the_battle_of_yonkers___by_adonihs.jpg

A WWZ without the Battle of Yonkers isn't worthy of the name

marrec

Banned
Even terrible people can write non-terrible works. You could learn a thing or two from it, I think, and who knows? Someday even you might write something worth reading.

The only thing to learn from that book is how to write cliched power fantasies starring insufferable author-insert characters who are better than everyone especially minorities.

KarmaCow

Does something happen at 400 or is that just a nice milestone?

Threads are cut off at ~20 000 posts for archival purposes. Some people care about hitting that before this thread gets closed to the summer sale and want to fill it with even more garbage for some reason.

Caerith

The only thing to learn from that book is how to write cliched power fantasies starring insufferable author-insert characters who are better than everyone especially minorities.
Your other post was funnier, this one just makes you sound deranged.

I'm only interested in a few titles hopefully discounted at a good price like Ys Chronicles+, Gunpoint, Half Minute Hero, Rogue Legacy, etc

I'll probably grab me a free Slurpee right before the sale starts...at least my wallet is safe from that.

javadots

Banned
Even terrible people can write non-terrible works. You could learn a thing or two from it, I think, and who knows? Someday even you might write something worth reading.

I know terrible people can write extraordinary work, that's no secret. Yet, I can't read it because it keeps reminding me of him. I'm a pretty good writer and I've considered writing a literary piece often, but my muse is untamed and inspiration can be very hard to maintain throughout one's writing. I would most likely write a tragedy, seeing how I have a strong distaste of humanity, mainly because I fully understand it. Who knows.

Damn, $25 now for Bioshock Infinite or gamble with Steam? Why must you make this hard GMG? I'm having trouble thinking Steam will have a bigger discount.

DirtRiver

About 25 pages left.

Can you do it in under 2 hours, steamgaf? Can you?

GAF sure loves a challenge.

Am i the only one skeptic about this sale? Past sales haven't been that great. Last year what saved it for me was Amazon but this year they didn't bring the goods so lets wait and see.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm not even excited for the sale this year.

Does this mean I'm old now?

Yes. That and the fact that your avatar is an antiquated piece of technology known as a cassette tape.

v0rtikal

I don't understand Enhanced Steam sometimes, what does this even mean?
"Lowest Price: $55.79 at DLGamer (Activates on Steam) (Info)
Historical Low: $25.08 at DLGamer on Tue Feb 12 2013"

Bioshock Infinite info btw...

I know terrible people can write extraordinary work, that's no secret. Yet, I can't read it because it keeps reminding me of him. I'm a pretty good writer and I've considered writing a literary piece often, but my muse is untamed and inspiration can be very hard to maintain throughout one's writing. I would most likely write a tragedy, seeing how I have a strong distaste of humanity, mainly because I fully understand it. Who knows.

craaawllinnng innn myyy skiiiiiin

BLunted

Banned
why do you guys browse Steam on a browser, why not just browse Steam on... Steam?

work wont allow me to install steam on my laptop :-(

I have actually have a 5 min meeting setup on my Outlook every day at 1PM(EST) to remind me to check and have had other people have to schedule around my calendar for meetings and conference calls, hehe

Dambrosi

Banned
Can't tell if sarcasm, or...

Regardless, I'm glad that those three games have found homes with people that will at least load them once.
What? No sarcasm here, Hound, I hardly win anything. This has been a good week in general for me, though. Hell, I might even buy a lottery ticket, see how well I do :p

And thinking back, I'm really glad I didn't try for Rogue Warrior. Fuckballs.

Edit: Thanks also to Blue Ninja, Infinite for £12, not bad at all. Scored.

chronomac

Is it weird I'm more excited for the meta game? I don't have a ton of cash right now (had to buy a ring, if you know what I mean) so I just want to participate.

And I've seen this a couple places but want to see what everyone thinks: I should wait for daily and flash sales on things I want until the very last day (if my wish list stuff didn't get a special sale), right?

Caerith

I don't know if you can tell, but I didn't enjoy that book.

:p

And that was WAAY before I learned the Card was a complete waste of a human being.
Card only came out as repugnant recently, which is why so many people were shocked and appalled since the Ender books are, like, the antithesis of what he stands for. Overall, I think your criticisms (juvenile power fantasy, anti-minorities, inferior to Gundam novelizations) are misplaced-- maybe you were thinking of Dune?

You better play it, I've got my eyes on you!
Also may this provide karma for pricing errors :)

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deus Ex Human Revolution -- MB-87FE59A06F011C52 - Taken by WeaselJCD

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I don't understand Enhanced Steam sometimes, what does this even mean?
"Lowest Price: $55.79 at DLGamer (Activates on Steam) (Info)
Historical Low: $25.08 at DLGamer on Tue Feb 12 2013"

Bioshock Infinite info btw...

It means that the current lowest price is $55.79, but historically it's been as low as $25.08.

It uses info from IsThereAnyDeal.com which can sometimes be an hour or more behind (they probably don't have the price from the new GMG sale, for example).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom